Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Windows XP Machine completely rebooots

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 19, 2011
Hi there

My son is playing Wizard 101 on an XP machine. On about an hourly basis, the computer totally reboots with no warning. Straight to a black screen and the computer then starts up immediately.

I suspect there is some memory problem, but I just wanted to ask here whether there was something else I needed to check before reinstalling Windows. (which I don't think will solve the problem)

Is this a known issue with some machines, and are there ways to fix it easily?

Or is it possible I have a memory/hardware fault?

Thank you for your time

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
KiwiFinnJake on Feb 8, 2014 wrote:
Hi there

My son is playing Wizard 101 on an XP machine. On about an hourly basis, the computer totally reboots with no warning. Straight to a black screen and the computer then starts up immediately.

I suspect there is some memory problem, but I just wanted to ask here whether there was something else I needed to check before reinstalling Windows. (which I don't think will solve the problem)

Thank you for your time
I've played on Windows XP for over 3 years and have not had this problem. I would definitely look into the memory thing... my guess is that the game is using to much memory for the computer to handle. (you might want to check and see what's running in the background as well)

Survivor
Aug 23, 2011
KiwiFinnJake on Feb 8, 2014 wrote:
Hi there

Thank you for your time
I have a Windows Vista computer and the same thing happens to me a lot. (2-5 times a week, I don't play all that much) It is really old so that is probably the problem that mine and your keep restarting without a warning.
-Kane