Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Amulet of Divine Influence

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 08, 2012
You know how almost everyone (including myself) wants the Amulet of Divine Influence, right? And it's way to hard to farm for it from Hades and it seems that only about 3% to 6% of all Level 90+ wizards ACTUALLY HAVE the amulet and also your chances of getting the amulet are VERY LOW, too small to even get the amulet. So my question is, What if Kingsisle made it craftable? I know that Kingsisle doesn't want to be easy to get so how about make it hard to craft and only those who REALLY want it will work hard to craft it

Like, have the recipe require something like:
2 Potent Trap TC
3 Amber
8 Braided Vine
5 Merle's Whisker
4 Turquoise
6 Vine

Now that recipe may sound outrageously difficult and may seem impossible to craft but think of it, a one-of-a-kind amulet that actually gives Armor Piercing, Critical Rating, Critical Block, and Resistance, wouldn't getting that stuff be worth the hard work? I think it would be worth the hard work (and plus, I got too many Amber, Braided Vine, Merle's Whisker, Turquoise, and Vine. I would like to have some kind of recipe that would be worth using them in). Well, tell me what y'all think about this and hopefully Kingsisle agrees to this (If they do, they can easily change it up a bit and put their own twists on it if they do agree). Do you think it would be worth crafting if it required the things I said? If not, then tell me what YOU think would make it worth crafting. And another question, if this was to become real, then do you think the crafting rank required should be Transcendent Crafter or a new higher crafting rank?

Explorer
Oct 19, 2012
Your crafting recipe isn't outrageously difficult, it's easy. All you have to do to get it is beat Dimachaerus a hundred times. Make it harder.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
I agree but the recipe is way too easy lol.

Defender
Jan 03, 2013
DeathSchoolWizard0... on Jan 7, 2014 wrote:
You know how almost everyone (including myself) wants the Amulet of Divine Influence, right? And it's way to hard to farm for it from Hades and it seems that only about 3% to 6% of all Level 90+ wizards ACTUALLY HAVE the amulet and also your chances of getting the amulet are VERY LOW, too small to even get the amulet. So my question is, What if Kingsisle made it craftable? I know that Kingsisle doesn't want to be easy to get so how about make it hard to craft and only those who REALLY want it will work hard to craft it

2 Potent Trap TC
3 Amber
8 Braided Vine
5 Merle's Whisker
4 Turquoise
6 Vine

Now that recipe may sound outrageously difficult and may seem impossible to craft but think of it, a one-of-a-kind amulet that actually gives Armor Piercing, Critical Rating, Critical Block, and Resistance, wouldn't getting that stuff be worth the hard work? I think it would be worth the hard work (and plus, I got too many Amber, Braided Vine, Merle's Whisker, Turquoise, and Vine. I would like to have some kind of recipe that would be worth using them in). Well, tell me what y'all think about this and hopefully Kingsisle agrees to this (If they do, they can easily change it up a bit and put their own twists on it if they do agree). Do you think it would be worth crafting if it required the things I said? If not, then tell me what YOU think would make it worth crafting. And another question, if this was to become real, then do you think the crafting rank required should be Transcendent Crafter or a new higher crafting rank?
Ruins the purpose of farming besides mine didn't take any effort, I basically was farming for the Exalt Life amulet when I got it on my fifth hades attempt on death. I almost fed it to my pet thinking it was garbage until someone told me it was really rare. Its more a matter of not thinking about it, it also seemed to get better when I was the second or third person in battle. First or fourth always gave me the wand or useless gears like senator gear.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
or they could increase the drop rate or even removed the senators stuff from hades
i would love this amulet. estimating its drop rate 1-5% at most it seems to play into

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I think a far more likely scenario would be crafting an amulet with similar abilities. You can't craft Waterworks or Hades gear, but you can craft stuff almost as good. If they do make something crafted along those lines, it should require a new crafting level in Khrysalis part 2, and the recipe should be about 20 times harder than the simple one you posted. As you have it posted I could craft like 15 of them without looking for any regents. Anyone who has farmed Hades/Chronus has plenty of all those regents already.

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
DeathSchoolWizard0... on Jan 7, 2014 wrote:

2 Potent Trap TC
3 Amber
8 Braided Vine
5 Merle's Whisker
4 Turquoise
6 Vine

You have to add a "0" to each reagent's quantity to make the recipe more balanced, but this is a very good idea. People who did Tartarus for long months gonna outbreak about your idea. lol

Defender
Dec 08, 2012
Ok Ok, I've heard ya saying that the recipe would be way too easy so I'm gonna update my recipe idea:
The Changes will be in RED and BOLDED

Updated Recipe:
10 Potent Trap TC
15 (TC of any of the Azteca Star Spell)
10 Sharpened Blade TC
50 Amber
80 Braided Vine
58 Merle's Whisker
40 Turquoise
60 Vine

In the real Calculation, 20 times my original recipe idea would be:
40 Potent Trap TC
60 Amber
160 Braided Vine
100 Merle's Whisker
80 Turquoise
120 Vine

Well, tell me what you think of my updated recipe idea

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
Make it something like:

40 amber
15 amber dust
60 merle whisker
200 grendleweed
30 vine
300 agave nectar
50 braided vine
200 nightshade

Just something random thats really really complicated to get. Its gonna take awhile to get all those regeants. Especially the nightshade. The other stuff can be easily farmed from the Gladiator or Cronus.

Wolf LifeShard

Defender
Feb 13, 2011
You should make it insanely difficult to craft:
600 sunstones
600 aether
600 golden pearls
600 black pearls
100 agave nectar
80 amber
300 scales
200 feint treasure cards
3 exalted amulets (any kind)

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
Duncan SpiritWard on Jan 13, 2014 wrote:
You should make it insanely difficult to craft:
600 sunstones
600 aether
600 golden pearls
600 black pearls
100 agave nectar
80 amber
300 scales
200 feint treasure cards
3 exalted amulets (any kind)
That wouldnt be possible cause you have a max of 999 regents. But yea i agree on making it insanely hard if your getting such a great amulet.

Wolf LifeShard

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
I think the limit is 999 of each reagent.

Explorer
Nov 24, 2010
Whoa people; this is an amulet, not a spell.

(Just keep that in mind)

I've been farming that darned Tartarus for quite a few weeks now, and still I never got it. I haven't given in yet!

I know I'll get it if I try even more, I always do eventually!

If anyone cares to get their hands on that amulet, I'll be waiting in sunbird realm. (Just not this weekend, I'm full of work)

Matthew SkullSword lvl 95