Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

We got shadow magic, can we get its opposite?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 18, 2013
Im a newcomer to wizard 101, and im having alot more fun with it then i thought, and i love that it has challenge in it as well as a friendly way to introduce my niece to gaming which she has long been interested in. Now i think the shadow magic spells are neat and is really awesome risk reward magic, but as the game goes on, what are the chances of us seeing light magic in game at all? me and my niece are old fashioned goody two shoes. and id love to see a choice between shadow magic and a opposite to shadow magic just for all the guys and gals that prefer the light to the risks of shadow. anyone who reads this feel free to tell me what you think, what would you do for a opposite to shadow magic whether light magic or some other sort of opposite to it, and what risks would the opposite of shadow magic present to those who used the light magic?

Survivor
Dec 18, 2013
and btw, thinking of a risk for light magic is hard

Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
It kinda sounds like a school all together. death school and life school. As we all know death has many tricks but must sacrifice something in return. While life purifies those curses and heals with no punishment. The ghost spell is just something to change the game a little for all schools. Keeping your idea in mind finding a light spell wouldn't be difficult, but if there is a consequence or payment to the light spell then in my book it is not a light spell. Magic like that is evil or dark magic. When think light i think of purification. Maybe the light spell could increase your attack by 30% for 3 turns and also increase the enemies by 15%? Only thing i can think of that will become a difficult decision for the user.

Explorer
Nov 11, 2012
I dont think there should be risks with light magic....I think there should be weaknesses but no backlash like shadow magic. Since light is the opposite of shadow...it should be more helpful...to each school and honestly if there was to ever be a light magic it should take each schools weaknesses and make them stronger for a limted time (3 rounds) but not make the weaknesses as same as the strong points. I think it would be great because now each school has vurilence(spell check) or the star school spell that gives 25% extra damage, 5% pips, and extra incoming damage from its opposite school. It would be cool to have light magic and to see what they come up with....or I think like Dym the mouse that helps assist us there should be light magic where it gives us a certain amount of damage and resist for a certain amount of rounds...I dont think KI would actually do it but it would be nice..:]

Survivor
Feb 02, 2013
I see Moon magic as the opposite of shadow magic, because light bounds off it and they have similar effects. Star and Sun magic are opposites, because the sun is a star.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2013
either way theres nothing wrong with hoping ya know? we don't always need gloom and doom magic around. we could use something a bit more bright on the inside.

Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
Malorn R on Dec 27, 2013 wrote:
I see Moon magic as the opposite of shadow magic, because light bounds off it and they have similar effects. Star and Sun magic are opposites, because the sun is a star.
wait you said sun and star are opposites because the sun is a star? lol

Survivor
Feb 02, 2013
Well, the sun gives life to the world, but the stars just sit up there not doing anything. Still, I'm not sure Shadow magic needs an opposite because it doesn't do damage except Backlash, and no monsters have it as a primary school (not yet, at least). Besides, Astral schools didn't have opposites when they first came out.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Malorn R on Dec 30, 2013 wrote:
Well, the sun gives life to the world, but the stars just sit up there not doing anything. Still, I'm not sure Shadow magic needs an opposite because it doesn't do damage except Backlash, and no monsters have it as a primary school (not yet, at least). Besides, Astral schools didn't have opposites when they first came out.
'Well the sun gives life to the world, but the stars just sit up there not doing anything'. May I refer you to your last post where you said 'the sun is a star'. You contradicted yourself. Look, moon is opposite to sun, shadow to light. Balance and star have no opposites. That is how it works.