Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death School

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 03, 2010
when i enhance death spell with colossal it only enhances it by 183, but when i enhance other school spells it enhances it fully.
this is not fair for death school.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
wolf deathgiver on Dec 20, 2013 wrote:
when i enhance death spell with colossal it only enhances it by 183, but when i enhance other school spells it enhances it fully.
Yes it is. Death has draining capabilities not available to any other school. The link below shows all Death school spells. If you click on each damage card, it shows clearly what amount is added when using the enchantment spells.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Death_School_Spells

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
It's added correctly. Death drain attacks give 50% of the damage back as health. This works out to 2/3 damage and 1/3 health added to the spell. If you use colossal on a non-drain death spell, you will see that it gets the full 100% to damage.

Explorer
May 17, 2010
Wow that's interesting. But I think I found 2 spells that are wrong/unfair:

in the death school: Steal Health from minion only steals 1/3 and gives 1/3 adding up to 2/3

in the fire school: immolate originally gives more than 2x than you get yourself, but the enchantments adds 1/2 to both sides. although that adds up to 1, it is not in a fair ratio based on the way the spell works.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
wolf deathgiver on Dec 20, 2013 wrote:
the problem with the card is the wording. it does add the correct amount of points as already pointed out. I think a slight wording change could fix this, as we have talked about in the past. The card says that it adds "X strength" (depending on the spell in question) to a spell, but in death's case, it adds 2/3 attack and half of that (1/3) to healing. I think if the card said "Adds +100 to a single spell" (in the case of strong) it would clear up the confusion. Instead of saying it adds STRENGTH, leave that out and just say it adds points. A simple fix to end confusion is all

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I4C gr8ness on Dec 20, 2013 wrote:

in the death school: Steal Health from minion only steals 1/3 and gives 1/3 adding up to 2/3

in the fire school: immolate originally gives more than 2x than you get yourself, but the enchantments adds 1/2 to both sides. although that adds up to 1, it is not in a fair ratio based on the way the spell works.
if you look at DoT spells, the sun schools boost both ends, the initial hit AND the DoT damage (when the spell has both). Half goes to the initial hit and the other half to the DoT.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I4C gr8ness on Dec 20, 2013 wrote:

Actually, steal health is only supposed to steal 300 health. So this may be half, it may be more than half at the time you cast it

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
dayerider on Dec 22, 2013 wrote:
Actually, steal health is only supposed to steal 300 health. So this may be half, it may be more than half at the time you cast it
Steal Health doesn't work like a drain. You steal 300 health from your minion and you gain 300 health. The 300 health you gain can be increased with heal boosts.

Explorer
May 17, 2010
dayerider on Dec 22, 2013 wrote:
if you look at DoT spells, the sun schools boost both ends, the initial hit AND the DoT damage (when the spell has both). Half goes to the initial hit and the other half to the DoT.
First of all, I looked at steal health again and realize I was wrong, it is completely in line and 1/2 the enchantment is taken from the minion and the 1/2 the enchantment is in healing. My bad, guess my math is rusty.

dayerider, I'm not sure what you're saying. I didn't have a problem with how it works with DoT spells.
The DoT spells being 50/50 isn't quite true to intent of most DoT cards but that isn't big a deal since it at least is still being used to attack the enemy, but immolate is damage to self to cause damage to others and I still stand that the ratio of damage is not in line with the intent of the card. Initially you do 2.4x more damage to the enemy than you inflict on yourself, but using colossal you only inflict 1.9x more damage on your enemy than to yourself. But since Fire wizards aren't complaining, I guess nobody is concerned.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Oran of Urz on Dec 23, 2013 wrote:
Steal Health doesn't work like a drain. You steal 300 health from your minion and you gain 300 health. The 300 health you gain can be increased with heal boosts.
right. What I meant to say was that it's a set number based off of the spell, it's not a hit and heal, and 300 isn't always going to be half of the minion's health. if you use it on Malduit at full health, it is no WAY half, but it IS 300 as the card states