Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Garden Glitch????

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 30, 2011
I have been experimenting with the new Gardening spells from Khrysalis, and it seems like every time I cast one, it cancels out all other global over time gardening spells. Wind chimes canceled out monsoon, which canceled out solar flare, and all were canceled by Dragonflies, etc. Is this effect ONLY on the graphics that go to the spell, or are the effects canceled out as well?

Administrator
Currently the effects are cancelled as well but that will be addressed in an upcoming game content update.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jun 30, 2011
Thank you for your prompt response, Professor Greyrose :)

In light of this, I would like to recommend to other gardening wizards:

IF you use one of the new global over time spells, you will only want to cast ONE of them on your garden (more of that will be a waste of pips, since they cancel each other out). Also, if you plan to use a global over time pest spell such as Dragonflies (my personal favorite - love the graphics!), it will also cancel out any of the new over time spells, so it's best to consider that also when tending your garden.

The graphics on the new spells are great - I can't wait to see them when the bugs have been ironed out!

Survivor
Jul 12, 2011
The new spells do not stack. Why would you spend more points on a spell that will be overridden by another extended spell? Please tell me that you have plans to make them concurrent and not consecutive.

Survivor
Dec 03, 2011
Actually, I cast the over time gardening spells all the time on my EMPs and they have never cancelled the other out. The graphics are canceled out, yes. But not the effect of the spell itself. I cast Monsoon, Bee Hive, Wind Chimes then Dragonflies in that order and don't have to tend my garden till the 48 hours are up. That's how the spells are meant to behave. At least, that's what I have always thought.

I cast Dragonflies last because I don't like the lag the other over time spells create and also don't like the look of that lightning for the over time Rank 2 pest spell, so I prefer to use the Rank 3 over time one. Dragonflies.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2010