Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

how to tell if its main/side quest?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 19, 2012
See I know some wizards have trouble with seeing if its a main/side quest(even my best friend has trouble even though I have told him tons of times) other people probably know this trick but for those who don't here it is what you need to do is when the person is done with saying there quest if its a side quest it will say you can decline the quest if its a main quest you will not be able to have decline button and you must accept. hope I helped! Kevin LegendThorn 64

Delver
Aug 21, 2013
That would help except...

1. I have noticed a few quests that are main/story quests that give you the option to decline even though they shouldn't.

2. I accept all quests anyway. What I would like is a way to tell which quest(s) are main/story when looking at my list of quests in the book.

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
mrcoolguy389 on Nov 20, 2013 wrote:
See I know some wizards have trouble with seeing if its a main/side quest(even my best friend has trouble even though I have told him tons of times) other people probably know this trick but for those who don't here it is what you need to do is when the person is done with saying there quest if its a side quest it will say you can decline the quest if its a main quest you will not be able to have decline button and you must accept. hope I helped! Kevin LegendThorn 64
You can check if it's a storyline or side quest by going to
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/

Search the quest name in the search box and look at the bottom of the page. For example, search "Saving Private O'Ryan" and scroll down to the bottom of the page. One of the categories it is part of is Wizard City Side Quests.

Delver
Aug 21, 2013
Dominooooo on Nov 20, 2013 wrote:
You can check if it's a storyline or side quest by going to
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/

Search the quest name in the search box and look at the bottom of the page. For example, search "Saving Private O'Ryan" and scroll down to the bottom of the page. One of the categories it is part of is Wizard City Side Quests.
No offense but that's not really all that practical. If you have half a dozen or more quests, you're talking about half a dozen or more searches. Also, the OP's point/tip was that when you are accepting a quest, if it doesn't give you the option to decline the quest, then it's a main quest and not a side quest.

I think it would help tremendously if 'required' quests were somehow highlighted or marked or something, so you can see which quests are story or not. Wouldn't hurt if all story/main quests were to be listed first, with side quests being after that, and if quests were to be listed (grouped) by world, instead of flipping pages and seeing quests from different worlds mixed among each other.

For instance, I've primarily been doing main quests for a few worlds, but also collecting side quests which I haven't really worked much on. So now I have quests for Celestia, Zafaria, Avalon and Azteca (currently working in Azteca). However when looking in my book, flipping across the pages, I will see them scattered all about, instead of all Celestia followed by all Zafaria, etc. Not talking about tabs/buttons for each world (like you can do for inventory or house mode, etc), just a simple grouping so when I look at all the quests, all of the ones from the same world will be next to each other.

Just to point this out, I have over a dozen pages of quests. I've been keeping a close eye on my main quest, so I don't have to hunt it down each time. But can you imagine going to central and doing a search in the wiki for each quest name? Not practical at all. Perhaps if the paper like 'border' around the top and bottom of the quest were a different color (say orange instead of red) then it would make it easier to spot.

Explorer
May 17, 2010
I like the tips, comments and ideas being posted here. The whole idea of not being able to decline is still 'new' to me since I'm still used to the times when that didn't exist and all quests could be declined. I also agree that it would be more useful to distinguish quests once they are in your quest book. My concern is in how you define that per se. For example if you are working on GH and WT there are 'main quests' over there, but that whole world is considered a side quest. So how do you distinguish between a main side quest from a side side quest? Also, when you are in a dungeon, there is a main quest line in that dungeon. But what if that dungeon is a side quest? So keep the ideas coming and maybe KI will figure something out

Delver
Aug 21, 2013
Even though you don't really have to do GH, it has a storyline to follow if you decide to work it. Don't think of the world as being one big side quest, but rather, a world that is optional to do but if you do it, there is a storyline to follow just like any other world.