Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Do you prefer outfits that are as similar as possible between the boy and girl versions, or do you like them to be different?

The same, always.
2% [1]
Depends on the style. Sometimes yes, sometimes no.
55% [27]
I prefer the armors that are unique for boys and girls.
42% [21]

Feedback Friday 10-18-13

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Another week has passed, and now it's time for feedback! Hooray!

Sometimes (more often than not), we make both the guys and the gals outfits the same, or very similar. Sometimes, we style them differently and make each version of an outfit quite unique for the girls and the boys. Occasionally, we've done the latter (different styles), but liked both so much that we've made them into two separate outfits (we're actually working on one of those right now ::grin::).

My question today is: do you prefer outfits that are as similar as possible between the boy and girl versions, or do you enjoy when they're a little different?

Thanks for playing! Have a wonderful weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I will say that it depends. I only have male characters, so can only speak from that, however, sometimes the slight variation between girls and boys makes it unqiue, and other times "you" just tried too hard. As long as the main theme for the gear is upheld, I have zero problem with slight fluctuations due to character's gender

Defender
May 11, 2012
That's a question with no right answer. It's all personal opinion and taste. Sometimes I want them to be the same and sometimes different. There are times when I like the male outfit better and would rather have that (hint, hint, the Christmas Santa Claus outfit), and other times I would like an outfit that is tailored a little more inherently female. But I can never say which one I am going to like more until I have the opportunity to view them both. It would be nice if we could choose for ourselves which one we get if there are two different styles of the same outfit.

Explorer
Jun 04, 2011
I more enjoy looks that are different between girl and boy wizards. Since both my brother and I play the game together, and we are both of the same school, having a little variety in styles would be ideal, as we are always asked, "are you two related?" or something like that. We both would thoroughly enjoy some individuality between us two.

Emmaline Iceshard
Lvl. 73 Transcendent Thaumaturge

Delver
Mar 10, 2009
In my poll answer I chose to make them different but I do have one exception. The Halloween costumes. The boys get this cool skull faced guy and the girls get a witch. Now a witch is barley far from a wizard, couldn't you think of something else? We ladies would love a face covering scary looking outfit too. What's wrong with maybe a version of a wraith? Oh I could come up with so many wonderful ideas that are much more creative than a witch and I am sure your art department can too. At the very least why not a ladies version of that boy's costume?
OK, nuff said, I think I need some spiced cider.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
unique because not sure why but the people in game seem to say "that's a girls outfit" if their the same

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Really depends on the item.

I'm a big fan of nice modern-looking or period-looking attire for guys and gals. Some of the Dragonspyre gear and the MB clothes are very nice but in some cases the distinction is a little TOO strong.

For instance, I got some Exacting Boots as a drop on my male balance wizard, and they look nice. But then I transferred them to my myth girl and they turned into high-heel ankle boots. I was sort of hoping for a more contoured version of the standard knee length boot. It goes well with some of the uniform-type Dragonspyre clothes. But now I am still looking for a set of nice tailored long boots for her. The closest I came was Winter Palace Cavalry Boots but these are hard to find in packs and only available in season.

Capes and mini-capes on ladies' MB clothes bother me. A lined cloak would be better.

Waterworks gear is very uniform in appearance, and my poor storm girl looked like a bag lady while wearing it. In this case, a little less spikiness and bulkiness is called for.

Would also like to see different period styles for the gents: one friend has a beret, DS tailored tunic & trousers (Terminus Wrap), and stockings/slippers (Vrixx's Footwraps) which makes him look more like a Little Rascal which is a really neat and unique look.

For girls, items such as the cloche hat (Hat of the Old Kings) + bloused jumper (Tragic Tunic) plus the stocking leg and Oxford shoes style of footwear would cast any girl wizard as the resourceful and resolute Little Lulu of the 30's and 40's.

Lastly the ZF clothes are intriguing but they are a little too undifferentiated. Male wizards end up with the same style of dashiki as the girls (belted waist and flaring skirts) and this is awkward. In reality neither males nor females commonly wear the dashiki with a belt around the waist, it's always left a freely flowing garment. Ladies do wear colored full wrap skirts, shawls, and scarves.

Survivor
May 06, 2013
in ancient egypt the man was the one who wore the skirt and checkered skirt in Scotland the man wears a kilt for different events why cant we have guys cloths in krockotopia that don't look like a skirt on the back but a coat on front it looks weird no cool armor until a level at mooshu

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
I think half of the time they should be the same. Imagine this: A Boy In Guardian's Outfit (Girls.) No offense, but weird. Girls wouldn't look half bad in the boy's, mostly the more tom-boy-ish type, like me.

Administrator
Thanks for the feedback all! A new Feedback Friday shall be posted shortly!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea