Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sharpen Blade

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
So, I was wondering if you guys think sharpened blade will be necessary to progress in future worlds. I myself never got the spell and seem to do just fine without it, mostly due to my 92 percent damage. Do you guys think the spell is necessary and how often do you use it?

Sean Goldblood 90, 42

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
many people use it quite often to shoot for damage. nothing is completely necessary as nearly anything can be made up for by something else.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
amazingdiviner13 on Oct 17, 2013 wrote:
So, I was wondering if you guys think sharpened blade will be necessary to progress in future worlds. I myself never got the spell and seem to do just fine without it, mostly due to my 92 percent damage. Do you guys think the spell is necessary and how often do you use it?

Sean Goldblood 90, 42
well, my thoughts (PvE-wise) are that is gives you the best boosting combination. Your primary school's blade packs the most punch, and with sharpened blade, it gets even better. While stacking pips for a devastating attack, for zero pips, you're boosting the heck out of yourself and no longer have a real need for Elemental/Spirit Blade

Defender
Jul 26, 2012
A blade that has been enhanced with Sharpened Blade "stacks" with a blade that has not. So you could, for example, have the benefits of both a 40% Stormblade and a 30% Stormblade on a single outgoing spell. I think it is worth it, especially since many attacks these days use high amounts of pips. You've got plenty of turns to place the two blades on yourself, and it makes your next attack that much more devastating.

I think they are about as useful as the regular Sun spell damage enhancements, which pretty much everyone uses. They may not be absolutely necessary, but if you don't use them you will be hitting for a lot less than you could be.

Defender
Aug 26, 2011
agree with dayerider
this spell is very useful and i think especially for a storm it will help a lot, because then you stack stormblade and sharpened version (30% & 40%) plus the elemental blades (35% & 45%) apply this tooooo....... wild bolt? for 1000 = 3,563: pretty good damage.

Gabriel Ashcaller level 76 overlord

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Gabriel 1 savage p... on Oct 19, 2013 wrote:
agree with dayerider
this spell is very useful and i think especially for a storm it will help a lot, because then you stack stormblade and sharpened version (30% & 40%) plus the elemental blades (35% & 45%) apply this tooooo....... wild bolt? for 1000 = 3,563: pretty good damage.

Gabriel Ashcaller level 76 overlord
yeah, what I was doing for a while was Sharpened Dark Pact, Sharpened Deathblade, Deathblade, Item Deathblade, Colossal, Scarecrow = dead enemies and full health I have since stopped using Dark Pact (because it made the battle just too long).

Also, Sharpened blade works wonders for soloing Loremaster with all of their dampening spell effects

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
My first two wizards (balance and death) use them all the time~ it's especially handy for Balance, as we have fewer buffs available than the other schools and was in dire need of an extra boost.

My Storm wizard is in Azteca~ she has 89% damage, and I will still probably get her the sharpened blade. I wonder if I can use it on Supercharge...

Potent Trap is awesome, too. At this point, you can't blade against Myth anyway... May as well!

-v.

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
I get how sharpen blade is, but do you need to have a certain spell to buy it?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Blaze Deathward on Oct 27, 2013 wrote:
I get how sharpen blade is, but do you need to have a certain spell to buy it?
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Sharpened_Blade

It appears lvl 86 and a spare training point is all you need.

The quest fight for it isn't much fun, 3 against 1.