Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A Badge for Muted Wizards

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 18, 2009
I believe this would be a splendid idea for this game.. an extra badge for muted players (This only includes open and text chatters)! If you are muted and lots of people were (or are), during that time you can't really communicate with other people in the game. Sometimes, they don't know that you're muted and this can be quite annoying as they continue to ask questions like "Are you doing this dungeon?", or try to start a conversation . This gets frustrating if your answer is more than a simple "yes" or "no." Also, whenever someone finds out your muted after a couple uses of menu chat, they have to guess how long you're muted, this isn't as annoying but eh. My idea is that if you get muted for any period of time, you gain a badge that says "Muted." It's not something that you have to wear, it's just added to your list of badges. I don't mean people get this badge when they're muted and once they're unmuted, they get to keep it.. no no, when they're time is up, the badge is removed from their badge inventory. An extra thing that KingsIsle could (or should) add to this badge would be the time they have left until the person is unmuted (e.i. the badge would say: Muted for less than a day, muted for 2 days, muted for 3 weeks, muted for more than 2 years, etc.). I really hope they add this although I'm not a mute, but this would be helpful for other people.

~Talon Skyrunner~

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
BwackMajic on Oct 2, 2013 wrote:
I believe this would be a splendid idea for this game.. an extra badge for muted players (This only includes open and text chatters)! If you are muted and lots of people were (or are), during that time you can't really communicate with other people in the game. Sometimes, they don't know that you're muted and this can be quite annoying as they continue to ask questions like "Are you doing this dungeon?", or try to start a conversation . This gets frustrating if your answer is more than a simple "yes" or "no." Also, whenever someone finds out your muted after a couple uses of menu chat, they have to guess how long you're muted, this isn't as annoying but eh. My idea is that if you get muted for any period of time, you gain a badge that says "Muted." It's not something that you have to wear, it's just added to your list of badges. I don't mean people get this badge when they're muted and once they're unmuted, they get to keep it.. no no, when they're time is up, the badge is removed from their badge inventory. An extra thing that KingsIsle could (or should) add to this badge would be the time they have left until the person is unmuted (e.i. the badge would say: Muted for less than a day, muted for 2 days, muted for 3 weeks, muted for more than 2 years, etc.). I really hope they add this although I'm not a mute, but this would be helpful for other people.

~Talon Skyrunner~
I like this idea. But I think you are being too kind. I think that if a player is muted, they should be given a badge or some kind of label that says "muted".

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
AluraMist2 on Oct 2, 2013 wrote:
I like this idea. But I think you are being too kind. I think that if a player is muted, they should be given a badge or some kind of label that says "muted".
I agree.
There is a reason the wizard was muted; let's not reward them, let's just let everyone know, and make it mandatory that the badge is 'assigned' to the wizard throughout their 'punishment' period.

Explorer
Sep 19, 2010
I couldn't agree more with the OP. What a fantastic idea. This would help limit confusion. Please look into this KI.

Belgrim Anvil Lv 30

Belgrim BoomHammer Lv 90

Belgrim Dust Lv 90

Begrim Emeraldbane Lv 90

Belgrim Fist Lv 90

William Wildweaver Lv 90

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
I don't think it's necessary to give muted wizards a badge, or any other distinction.

It's not right for people to heap scorn on folks who already have lost the major privilege in the game, communicating freely with other players. This is punishment enough.

As for giving them attention they do not deserve, you don't need a badge, these players will be ignored and excluded no matter what badge they have because their chat has a line through it.

Explorer
Sep 19, 2010
crunkatog on Oct 2, 2013 wrote:
I don't think it's necessary to give muted wizards a badge, or any other distinction.

It's not right for people to heap scorn on folks who already have lost the major privilege in the game, communicating freely with other players. This is punishment enough.

As for giving them attention they do not deserve, you don't need a badge, these players will be ignored and excluded no matter what badge they have because their chat has a line through it.
You are incorrect young wizard. The wizards with the red circle and the line thru the chat bubble are not at issue here. There are wizards roaming the spiral that appear to have open chat, and yet are muted. These are the wizards that we are referring to.

Belgrim Anvil Lv 30

Belgrim BoomHammer Lv 90

Belgrim Dust Lv 90

Begrim Emeraldbane Lv 90

Belgrim Fist Lv 90

William Wildweaver Lv 90

Survivor
Aug 18, 2009
crunkatog on Oct 2, 2013 wrote:

Muted players do not have a line though their chat (next to their badge), you're getting them mixed up with menu chats (people that have menu chat because they do not choose to turn on any chat and/or do not meet the age requirements). Muted players show no sign of being muted, I should know, I have a couple friends that were/are muted.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
I can see where this would go wrong. Trolling, bullying, etc etc. It's not very much needed anyways and if we should take the badge away once unmuted. Don't reward them.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
this would be nice but would use up some of kingsisles money to help their punished people and extra punishment is not needed kingsisle has done just about the right enough to punish them

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
Haha, I remember this time in the arena, when I was asking to 2v2 with this guy. I was wondering why he was not responding. He kept jumping and running around me while I talked to him. He had to get his friend to port to the arena and explain to me he was mute HAHA. Yea, this ought to come into effect as a permanent badge like what AluraMist suggested.

Survivor
Aug 20, 2011
This idea seems like a laughing badge actually. How about that little muted bubble by the side turns into a broken chat bubble? If someone with text chat is muted, the chat bubble is regularly cracked. If they have open chat, then it shows a crumbled chat bubble. This saves the humliliation a bit.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Moonlighterz1000 on Oct 4, 2013 wrote:
I can see where this would go wrong. Trolling, bullying, etc etc. It's not very much needed anyways and if we should take the badge away once unmuted. Don't reward them.
This won't be a problem if they can't understand any more of it than 3 dots.