Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lost Lieutenant Quest question

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 02, 2013
Hi,

My friend and I attempted to complete the Lost Lieutenant quest in Colossus Blvd. on Saturday evening. We made it up to the final floor where Angrus and his minion was. We killed Angrus' minion and had Angrus down to about 500 health. Then I died. I took a potion, teleported back to outside the dungeon. As the countdown clock was winding down, I asked my friend how she was doing. She said her health was pretty low. I entered the first level, started running through and kept on talking to my friend and about her status. I figured I could just run through all the levels without incident to make it to the top. But as I made it to the second landing, I ran into the minions there. After the first round of attacks with these minions, my friend died with Angrus only having 200 health left.

I thought I would have a clear path all the way up to the top. Why would the dungeon not remember our progress? Or is it like this for this dungeon?

Thank you.

Keller Silverthorn

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
death279wizard on Sep 16, 2013 wrote:
Hi,

My friend and I attempted to complete the Lost Lieutenant quest in Colossus Blvd. on Saturday evening. We made it up to the final floor where Angrus and his minion was. We killed Angrus' minion and had Angrus down to about 500 health. Then I died. I took a potion, teleported back to outside the dungeon. As the countdown clock was winding down, I asked my friend how she was doing. She said her health was pretty low. I entered the first level, started running through and kept on talking to my friend and about her status. I figured I could just run through all the levels without incident to make it to the top. But as I made it to the second landing, I ran into the minions there. After the first round of attacks with these minions, my friend died with Angrus only having 200 health left.

I thought I would have a clear path all the way up to the top. Why would the dungeon not remember our progress? Or is it like this for this dungeon?

Thank you.

Keller Silverthorn
You should have marked you spot on the top floor and just ported back in. You can't always count on just running through all the levels of a dungeon. But good on you for getting that far! Good luck next time!!

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
death279wizard on Sep 16, 2013 wrote:
Hi,

Thank you.

Keller Silverthorn
I don't remember ever having anything in my way to get back to the top and I had to do that quite a few times. What I do remember of this instance is that I attempted it with 2 "friends" and at the top level 1 friend said you 2 go first so we did, while we were in battle the person which was at that point no longer my friend walked around our battle and talked to the lieutenant and then ported out.

After that experience I waited at the door for quite some time and ended up with 2 random players and another clueless one like me that mashed their way up that tower like it was nothing and I finally got it out of my book - I have not taken that quest on any of my other wizards since.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
RavenLady777 on Sep 16, 2013 wrote:
You should have marked you spot on the top floor and just ported back in. You can't always count on just running through all the levels of a dungeon. But good on you for getting that far! Good luck next time!!
It's been my experience most recently that you can no longer mark inside dungeons, altho some may still allow it it seems to have been removed as a option in all the ones I have been though now.

Survivor
Apr 02, 2013
RavenLady777 on Sep 16, 2013 wrote:
I tried to teleport to my friend but it wouldn't let me.

Are you saying I could have marked my place inside? If I marked my place on each level, I would have ran out of mana by the time I reached the top level.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Northlite on Sep 17, 2013 wrote:
It's been my experience most recently that you can no longer mark inside dungeons, altho some may still allow it it seems to have been removed as a option in all the ones I have been though now.
Many were using that glitch to beat the spell quests especially in Azteca when having t o battle a boss and 2 minions. KI did fix a lot of them but how many, I have no idea.

@Death279wizard, it is a little odd that you ran into a mob on the second level after going right back in within the time allowed. The only thing I can think of that would change that is, if for some odd reason you did not go back in in the same realm you originally entered in. Many of these types of dungeons will not let your port to your friends even when you get back in.