Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Returning to Game, a little lost

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 13, 2010
Hi. I played the game several years ago. I'm returning and I'm a little lost. I'm level 50. Where should I be questing? And I figured I'd have some training to do but I went to the trainers and they got nothing? I can't even talk to the crocodile dude.

Administrator
This may help. You are currently working on the mainline quest "Repo Mage" given to you by Vidor Drakesmith in The Forum. Continuing this quest will bring you to face Malistaire, and subsequently enter the world of Celestia.

If you want to get caught up on all the other updates to the game since you last played, click the "News" link at the top of the Message Boards and look through all the months of updates.

Welcome back to the Spiral!

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jul 13, 2010
What about the trainer problem. It seemed to take me back through part of the "meet the professors" quest. But it didn't do all of them. I'm balance and can't talk to any of the balance trainers.

Also, are you suppose to get training points every level? I can't remember. But I just leveled up to 51, and didn't get a training point. Also it told me to go see the headmaster, but he had nothing for me.

Administrator
You may want to spend some time refreshing your knowledge by reading the Player Guide, which is also linked to at the top of this page.

You will receive one training point every 4 levels till 20. This means you will receive them at level 4, 8, 12, 16 and 20. After level 20, you will receive one training point every 5 levels. You can also receive training points through certain quests. In order to learn higher level spells of a school, you have to first learn the lower level spells.

To help you with your 'trainer problem' we need more information, including the character name you are referencing, the character level and main school of focus. That will help us determine which character on your account that we will need to audit.

community@wizard101.com
Hero
Aug 18, 2011
My advice - follow the main quest line in Dragonspyre as Prof Greyrose said, and any sides you want to do. The end of DS is very fun and exciting! You may also want to reconnect with friends in game, make new friends, +/or check out some of the guilds and assistance groups on recommended fan sites. The Mali fight and some of the higher level dungeons are easier and more fun with a team. You will also have the chance to do Wintertusk which I highly recommend. You'll need to have done Grizzleheim and Ravenscar first, but it is worth it, as you will have access to spells, good dropped and crafted gear, and will gain level and gold. Best of luck!

Survivor
Jul 13, 2010
Prince of Shadows on Sep 10, 2013 wrote:
My advice - follow the main quest line in Dragonspyre as Prof Greyrose said, and any sides you want to do. The end of DS is very fun and exciting! You may also want to reconnect with friends in game, make new friends, +/or check out some of the guilds and assistance groups on recommended fan sites. The Mali fight and some of the higher level dungeons are easier and more fun with a team. You will also have the chance to do Wintertusk which I highly recommend. You'll need to have done Grizzleheim and Ravenscar first, but it is worth it, as you will have access to spells, good dropped and crafted gear, and will gain level and gold. Best of luck!
I did make a couple new friends, but I deleted the old ones I had because it looked like they also were not playing.

A friend and I did the Malistaire fight last night. I'm not sure if I'm done in Dragonspyre or not though. I just got into Celestia.

Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
If you have the badge Dragonspyre Master (for doing all of the quests there) you can consider yourself done unless you want to go defeat a lot of the same kinds of enemies to get those badges.