Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spells: The unfairness with rank "X" spells.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 20, 2010
I've noticed that only a few schools have Rank X spells.
And by rank x I mean, spells that take any amount of pips you have to a certain percent to benefit you.

Now I know almost all schools do have these, but they are just useless ones like Taunt and Subdue.
No one really uses these.

Each school, if not a Rank X attack should at least of a Rank X blade. Like Storm has SuperCharge and Tempest, not really fair right?

My ideas for each schools Rank X blade:

Ice: Freeze Over
+15 For each regular pip(i suppose +60 for powerpips idk, maybe bring down to +25 for reg. pips and +50 as to power pips)

Fire: Blaze
+20 for each reg. pip(do the math)

Storm: Already know theres right?

Death: Undead Power
+10 for each reg. pip

Life: Photosynthesis(i think thats what its called)
+15 for each reg. pip

Myth: Moral Energy
+15 for each reg. pip

Balance: Enlightenment
+10 for each reg. pip

The names need more improvement though.
So now you guys post your ideas on the blades and come up with some attacks too.

- Richard G. 63

Defender
Dec 25, 2012
every school has an x spell you just don know it

Survivor
Feb 09, 2011
I'm pretty sure myth doesn't have a rank x spell.

Katie Greensword lvl 66

Explorer
May 17, 2010
Although I disagree with much of what you are saying because all the schools are different and shouldn't all have the same thing and they all do have some 'x' spells. But that said I also was thinking about it and ...
The 3 elemental schools have 'X' spells in their own strengths:
Storm - x blade, Fire - x trap, Ice - x shield
So how about the other schools getting something in their strengths like:
Life - x heal charm, Death - x weakness, Myth - x minion (but wait death has that, isn't that weird)
and then for balance how about a x level bubble (arena) spell for increased damage for all.
Other opportunities include x spells for critical or block auras or an armor piercing charm

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
Oh yeah! I forgot about that! Here they are:

Ice: frozen armor

Fire: heck hound and etc.

Storm: tempest and etc.

Balance: judgement

Life: dryad I think

Myth: troll, and cyclops minions and etc.

Death: animate spell

I might have forgotten some but yeah. Every school has an "x" spell.

Survivor
Nov 14, 2008
IceNinjaRichardG on Aug 21, 2013 wrote:
And by rank x I mean, spells that take any amount of pips you have to a certain percent to benefit you.

Now I know almost all schools do have these, but they are just useless ones like Taunt and Subdue.

Each school, if not a Rank X attack should at least of a Rank X blade. Like Storm has SuperCharge and Tempest, not really fair right?

+15 For each regular pip(i suppose +60 for powerpips idk, maybe bring down to +25 for reg. pips and +50 as to power pips)

+10 for each reg. pip

+15 for each reg. pip

+15 for each reg. pip

+10 for each reg. pip

So now you guys post your ideas on the blades and come up with some attacks too.

- Richard G. 63
Fire has a trap version of those and most schools have rank X things. Storm - Tempest, Balance - Judgement, Ice - Ice armor, fire - heckhound, life - dryad, death - a minion, myth - a minion. Since myth is X amount from 1-4 pips, they need an X spell, and idk about death someone can tell me if it's X 1-14 or X 1-???

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I4C gr8ness on Aug 21, 2013 wrote:
Although I disagree with much of what you are saying because all the schools are different and shouldn't all have the same thing and they all do have some 'x' spells. But that said I also was thinking about it and ...
The 3 elemental schools have 'X' spells in their own strengths:
Storm - x blade, Fire - x trap, Ice - x shield
So how about the other schools getting something in their strengths like:
Life - x heal charm, Death - x weakness, Myth - x minion (but wait death has that, isn't that weird)
and then for balance how about a x level bubble (arena) spell for increased damage for all.
Other opportunities include x spells for critical or block auras or an armor piercing charm
I'm going to reply to yours, then make a general statement:

If Fire was going to have an X-pip spell that catered to it's strength, then why doesn't it have an X-pip spell that is a trap over 4 attacks? Isn't fire's biggest strength it's DoT spells? Then why does it have a trap that only works on one attack?

General comment:
See, that's the problem I have with Death; The Minion is it's X-pip spell. It's useless beyond Marleybone and an Xpip Minion should be in Myth's school not death. ALL first generation minions are useless beyond Marleybone. They gave us new minions, excellent! I love them, but that doesn't solve the problem that Death doesnt have a USEFUL X-pip spell and Myth doesnt have one at all. not only that, but the new minion rendered the old minion a complete waste of a spell, moreso than other minions. Death's 1st Gen 14 pip minion is a TON weaker than it's 2nd Gen 5 pip minion

my X-pip solution for death can be found here:

www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/non-healing-aoe-death-spell-solution-8ad6a418405d07f6014074643e733213?reset=1

What is wrong with giving all schools an Xpip spell that fits the school and makes sense?

Survivor
Sep 03, 2011
Jacob IronEyes on Aug 22, 2013 wrote:
Fire has a trap version of those and most schools have rank X things. Storm - Tempest, Balance - Judgement, Ice - Ice armor, fire - heckhound, life - dryad, death - a minion, myth - a minion. Since myth is X amount from 1-4 pips, they need an X spell, and idk about death someone can tell me if it's X 1-14 or X 1-???
But I hate ice armor I'd rather get an attack but keep frozen armor

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
I disagree. Every school has a X spell at one point or another. You were talking about tempest. It's not overpowered, yet seems to do more damage. In fact, judgement is more powerful. Do you agree? Just look further. You'll find eventually that each school has it's ups and downs, some have powerful x pip- spells, some don't.
See-
  • Balance has judgement.
  • Storm has tempest.
  • Fire has heckhound.
  • Life has dryad.
  • Ice has frozen armor.
  • Myth has minions.
  • Death has animate.

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
I don't think the minions count as a rank X spell. You have a limited number of pips you can use, so it's basically just a normal minion. Also, the other rank X spells can be used for the whole time you play your wizard. Cyclops lasts 1-3 Months tops.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010

+10 for each reg. pip

+15 for each reg. pip

+15 for each reg. pip

+10 for each reg. pip

- Richard G. 63
storm is the school of the damage the only other school that would be logical too have an x rank blade would be balance and it would have to be smaller boost then supercharge and working for every school of magic

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Molly the Balance ... on Aug 22, 2013 wrote:
I disagree. Every school has a X spell at one point or another. You were talking about tempest. It's not overpowered, yet seems to do more damage. In fact, judgement is more powerful. Do you agree? Just look further. You'll find eventually that each school has it's ups and downs, some have powerful x pip- spells, some don't.
See-
  • Balance has judgement.
  • Storm has tempest.
  • Fire has heckhound.
  • Life has dryad.
  • Ice has frozen armor.
  • Myth has minions.
  • Death has animate.
the problem is, Gen 1 minions are useless after Marleybone and all the other schools have spells that remain useful in combat. 3 have attack spells, 1 has defense spell and 1 has healing spell. All of those types are useful, but Minion spells are USELESS after a short period of time. Even Kingsisle knows this. Why do you think they gave us new minions? Sure, out of the Gen 1 minions Death has the best.... if you can afford to wait 7-14 rounds to cast it. Not only that, but Animate really should have been a MYTH spell and not death since Myth is the Minion heavy school.

Survivor
Sep 19, 2010
Master Of Myth on Aug 21, 2013 wrote:

Katie Greensword lvl 66
Remember our cyclops and Troll minions?

Explorer
Nov 21, 2009
Master Of Myth on Aug 21, 2013 wrote:

Katie Greensword lvl 66
Troll minion!!!

Explorer
Nov 21, 2009
Jacob IronEyes on Aug 22, 2013 wrote:
Death is X 1-14

Survivor
Dec 20, 2010
Sorry guys if I posted a pointless post then.

I suppose I just let out my frustration that ice only has Frozen Armor. And it does make sense why that is.
Ice: Tanks, Storm: Damage Dealers.
I did completely forget about all the other rnk x spells. So thanks you guys for setting me "straight".

-Richard G. -65

Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
Ugh I hate to 1v1 with a balance wizard. They always win with judgement. You have to have hex in you deck and also a weakness to survive.

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
dayerider on Aug 23, 2013 wrote:
the problem is, Gen 1 minions are useless after Marleybone and all the other schools have spells that remain useful in combat. 3 have attack spells, 1 has defense spell and 1 has healing spell. All of those types are useful, but Minion spells are USELESS after a short period of time. Even Kingsisle knows this. Why do you think they gave us new minions? Sure, out of the Gen 1 minions Death has the best.... if you can afford to wait 7-14 rounds to cast it. Not only that, but Animate really should have been a MYTH spell and not death since Myth is the Minion heavy school.
Hm... I see your point. Maybe he's right.

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
dayerider on Aug 23, 2013 wrote:
Why does death get a minion spell? If the death guy uses the 14 pip minion, it's WAY better than a whole lot of the minion spells! I don't even know why Kingsisle made the Minotaur minion. It doesn't do anything besides tower shield itself, or heal itself with sprite, when its already at full health. I don't think the couple of minions to start off the game are all that great. The troll and cyclops minions? I gave up on those spells years ago. The only minion worth using is the new minion that came out with the Aquila update. But they still can't use critical.

Survivor
Mar 09, 2013

+10 for each reg. pip

+15 for each reg. pip

+15 for each reg. pip

+10 for each reg. pip

- Richard G. 63
First, I have to say why are you going so hard on storm? I mean really, we need super charge and tempest to kill huge bosses and it makes up for low health. We dont even have that good of power pip chance so we cant even do that much of a blade or damage.

Second, how about all the other schools? I mean balance! Judgement! Lol. And ice with that amazing shield of theres that is rank x. Fire has heck hound! And it does over time! Lol. Am I trying to argue with you? Nope, just trying to make you understand that there is more rank X spells than storm and balance (just putting balance ot there) so plz think before you post and look at the other schools spells like the myth minion and the death minion and also life has dryad (thank you molly balance wizard for pointing out those spells)

Thank you for allowing me to take some of your time!

Hunter Stormstaff lvl 76 wizard
Hunter Dragonstrider lvl 19 wizard

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
Each school has a x rank spell. Each school has an up and down. I don't think anything should be changed.

Level 90
Level 44

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
Spiral emperor on Aug 22, 2013 wrote:
Oh yeah! I forgot about that! Here they are:

Ice: frozen armor

Fire: heck hound and etc.

Storm: tempest and etc.

Balance: judgement

Life: dryad I think

Myth: troll, and cyclops minions and etc.

Death: animate spell

I might have forgotten some but yeah. Every school has an "x" spell.
well the myth rank x spells don't really count cause they only go up to a certain amount of pips :P

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Spiral emperor on Aug 24, 2013 wrote:
Why does death get a minion spell? If the death guy uses the 14 pip minion, it's WAY better than a whole lot of the minion spells! I don't even know why Kingsisle made the Minotaur minion. It doesn't do anything besides tower shield itself, or heal itself with sprite, when its already at full health. I don't think the couple of minions to start off the game are all that great. The troll and cyclops minions? I gave up on those spells years ago. The only minion worth using is the new minion that came out with the Aquila update. But they still can't use critical.
all schools should have a minion, they can be helpful under the right circumstances. Heck, I use Malduit to help solo Loremaster and she comes in quite handy.

As for the 14 pips, again I say, how many people can really afford to wait all that time to cast it? By the time it's cast, the battle will be over in the next round or two. Death has NO useful X-pip spell.

Don't look at it from a "hey, they have an advantage" point of view, look at it from a USEFUL point of view. ALL first generation minions arent very useful, even early on, which is why we got better ones just recently. That being said, it has effectively removed death's x-pip spell because a 5pip minion blows the doors off of the old 14 pip minion. I'd be happy if Kingsisle, on the next update, removed the X-pip minion and replaced it with a 3 or 4 pip minion of proper strength and then gave us a useful X-pip spell

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
airgod1591 on Aug 24, 2013 wrote:
Each school has a x rank spell. Each school has an up and down. I don't think anything should be changed.

Level 90
Level 44
It depends on what you call a downside. Is Heckhound's DoT a positive or negative? Some people see it one way, others, the other way. Nobody can argue it's a good spell, but like any other spell, it has to be used at the right time.

X-pip spells biggest use is that it can ALWAYS be used. Sure, to be a stronger spell you have to wait, but if you'll getting your tail kicked and need a quick damaging spell, X-pips are the way to go. I used to bring Heckhound with me all over the place for that reason.

Survivor
Nov 14, 2008
West DeathTalon on Aug 24, 2013 wrote:
Death is X 1-14
Cool thanks :D anyways yea death and myth need X rank spells but i think the other schools are fine. Maybe at level 98 myth can get an X AoE? That would make me happy considering myth hasn't gotten an AoE since earthquake which is weaker than frog and basically just a pvp spell