Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spinysaur

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 04, 2008
Spinysaur is so hard, it's impossible to do alone. Can someone help me?

Survivor
Jun 17, 2012
I agree. I still haven't gotten it yet after trying a whole bunch of times. The minions seem to be the problem though. They keep casting medusa or basilisk, and when my stun shields break, the boss uses storm lord. The least KI could do is take away one minion.

Defender
Jun 22, 2011
Yeah, my aunt is STILL working on it after 3 weeks. She got a minion today and is yet to try it with the henchman.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
This is the method I used when going for my level 88 spells on six out of seven wizards. (all were different schools)

1) make sure potion bottles are FULL

2) place a mark INSIDE the boss chamber.

3) focus on killing at least one minion.

4) If you die after killing one minion, IMMEDIATELY port back to your mark. You only have a small time frame of doing this, so do not waste time chasing wisps.

5) place another mark, and drink potion. If you happened to kill even one minion, it will not reappear. If you killed both minions, the boss will be alone.

6) repeat this process until you run out of potions or boss is dead.

7) do not kill boss first. If you do, and then port back you will not get credit for the quest.

This is not a glitch. I have been using this method to solo bosses since I began playing this game back in May of 2009.

I only used henchmen when going after my level 88 storm spell and then just because I didn't have the time to finish the fight solo.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Hannah Lifebringer on Jul 1, 2013 wrote:
This is the method I used when going for my level 88 spells on six out of seven wizards. (all were different schools)

1) make sure potion bottles are FULL

2) place a mark INSIDE the boss chamber.

3) focus on killing at least one minion.

4) If you die after killing one minion, IMMEDIATELY port back to your mark. You only have a small time frame of doing this, so do not waste time chasing wisps.

5) place another mark, and drink potion. If you happened to kill even one minion, it will not reappear. If you killed both minions, the boss will be alone.

6) repeat this process until you run out of potions or boss is dead.

7) do not kill boss first. If you do, and then port back you will not get credit for the quest.

This is not a glitch. I have been using this method to solo bosses since I began playing this game back in May of 2009.

I only used henchmen when going after my level 88 storm spell and then just because I didn't have the time to finish the fight solo.
When I go to place mark inside chamber is says it's not allow here?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Blue Dragon Riders on Jun 21, 2013 wrote:
I watched a utube about this fight - the person used two forest lords and a well bladed gnomes to complete the quest quit nicely.

Personally I find it luck of the spells they hit you with and the luck of the spells you get to come up decides how well it does go.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Northlite on Jul 3, 2013 wrote:
When I go to place mark inside chamber is says it's not allow here?
A lot of players have been doing this. It was only a matter of time before KI tweaked it. As with other things in the game, this is considered cheating so instead of removing one of the minions from the spell quests, KI has made it so if you die, you have no choice but to do it until you win. It is another way for them to say, "BUY MORE CROWNS TO WIN". The general idea is that if you want something you have to earn it, but that doesn't work here anymore. Now you have to buy and buy and buy to get what you want. I don't and won't.

I am at that quest now, but as with the crafting in Az, I just don't care anymore. The only reason I am even running back in Az is to try to get this one wizard through. As for the rest (11) of my wizards, not planning on it. Av will probably be the end for the rest.

Explorer
Mar 16, 2011
On most spell quests there are no dungeon sigils and friends can't teleport to you, so you have to do it alone. I am life too, and I had trouble getting spinysaur myself, but here's my advice: go to the bazaar and buy a bunch of glacial sheild (fire spell) TCs. Use a couple forest lords to take out the minions, then use feints on the boss and a sharpened lifeblade with gnomes several times to take him out. Don't go overboard on blades, because all enemies in the fight can remove them. Trust traps more. Hope this helps.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
DragonLady1818 on Jul 7, 2013 wrote:
A lot of players have been doing this. It was only a matter of time before KI tweaked it. As with other things in the game, this is considered cheating so instead of removing one of the minions from the spell quests, KI has made it so if you die, you have no choice but to do it until you win. It is another way for them to say, "BUY MORE CROWNS TO WIN". The general idea is that if you want something you have to earn it, but that doesn't work here anymore. Now you have to buy and buy and buy to get what you want. I don't and won't.

I am at that quest now, but as with the crafting in Az, I just don't care anymore. The only reason I am even running back in Az is to try to get this one wizard through. As for the rest (11) of my wizards, not planning on it. Av will probably be the end for the rest.
I agree with you on all. I also am not paying for any more spells, it just defeats me to pay for them, if I play that poorly what am I don't in that world to begin with. I did pay on my parked in Pitch Black Lake Balance and picked up my Life at the beginning of Aztecia, against my better judgement paid for the Star and Sun spells. I like to spend my crowns on stupid stuff not essentials of the game.

We also were going to try to get at least one wizard though, across 3 accounts, but the fun factor is so low I think it may take forever.

I really hated AV but now it's not looking so bad compared to AZ. I deleted my Ice before the end of AV and my Myth at the beginning so I don't have any other wizard close so I won't be tempted to even bother.

Survivor
Jan 24, 2011
For everybody who needs help with the spinysaur quest, I would highly recommend the Avalon, or if you past that, Azteca crafting gear. and put vengeance on because that helps a lot. Note: smart idea to get rid of minions then kill boss. Also put mass prisms because death does boost to myth.

Hope I helped

Survivor
Feb 17, 2013
have spinysaur quest am level 88, but wont let me in. Have a quest for cloudburst forest as well, and that wont let me in. I'm assuming I'm missing some quest. But have no idea which one it might be. Any advice would be appreciated.

Explorer
Mar 16, 2011
stonehombre510 on Jul 15, 2013 wrote:
have spinysaur quest am level 88, but wont let me in. Have a quest for cloudburst forest as well, and that wont let me in. I'm assuming I'm missing some quest. But have no idea which one it might be. Any advice would be appreciated.
do you have access to tierra de brea? If not you cant do spinysaur quest. To get into tierra de brea, you need to do the quest that involves defeating blighted yaxche.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Epicvictor on Jul 11, 2013 wrote:
For everybody who needs help with the spinysaur quest, I would highly recommend the Avalon, or if you past that, Azteca crafting gear. and put vengeance on because that helps a lot. Note: smart idea to get rid of minions then kill boss. Also put mass prisms because death does boost to myth.

Hope I helped
There is a problem with this idea as well. Not everyone has been able to get the Potent Trap. That alone will prevent a player form completing the crafting quest and therefore can't craft Az gear. I have seen several state they have run Az all the way through without getting it and even helping friends through, it has taken them 2 or 3 times through Az to get even 1 Potent trap.

As with Amber, I no longer farm for them or garden for amber. If I get the potent trap ok, if not, so be it. I am to the point I don't care any more and will be the same way about getting "Spinysaur" I am not going to waste a lot of crowns on henchmen nor am I going to stress over this quest. It can sit in my quest logs from now on as far as I am concerned. I still have a boss and one other quesst before the Spell quest can be done. I will give it a couple of shots but not wasting time with it.. At this point I only plan to get this one wizard through Az. The rest (11) will be stopping at the end of Av.

Survivor
Oct 27, 2011
It's solo

Survivor
Oct 27, 2011
beastmaster202 on Jul 9, 2013 wrote:
On most spell quests there are no dungeon sigils and friends can't teleport to you, so you have to do it alone. I am life too, and I had trouble getting spinysaur myself, but here's my advice: go to the bazaar and buy a bunch of glacial sheild (fire spell) TCs. Use a couple forest lords to take out the minions, then use feints on the boss and a sharpened lifeblade with gnomes several times to take him out. Don't go overboard on blades, because all enemies in the fight can remove them. Trust traps more. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the advice :)

Survivor
Oct 27, 2011
beastmaster202 on Jul 15, 2013 wrote:
do you have access to tierra de brea? If not you cant do spinysaur quest. To get into tierra de brea, you need to do the quest that involves defeating blighted yaxche.
and where is that

Explorer
Mar 16, 2011
healinggirl12 on Jul 20, 2013 wrote:
and where is that
tierra de brea is the zone after alto alto. you finish alto alto, the there are a series of quests back in cloudburst forest ending with you fighting the blighted spirit, yaxche, to open up a waterfall on a ledge that leads you underground to tierra de brea.
talon willowcloud, lv 89

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
I finally did get the spell but certainly not impressed with it. Tried it a couple of times and it is no longer in my battle deck.

Explorer
Mar 16, 2011
DragonLady1818 on Jul 23, 2013 wrote:
I finally did get the spell but certainly not impressed with it. Tried it a couple of times and it is no longer in my battle deck.
not impressed? I love spinyaur! way more damage than gnomes! my favorite spell!

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
DragonLady1818 on Jul 23, 2013 wrote:
I know, right. I took mine to Unicorn way, let it rip fully loaded, took out of deck and returned to AZ questing. Personally I can't wait that long for any spell. Our game style is quick defeat - hit and run .

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Wait until we get our new minion that is currently on the Test Realm. He's very helpful and will surely get you through this.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Emperor of Life on Jul 29, 2013 wrote:
Wait until we get our new minion that is currently on the Test Realm. He's very helpful and will surely get you through this.
The usefulness of this minion has been reduced in test from the original release, he is now more likely just to do health spells. The last time I brought him out he focused on the Death wizard at Sun Spot which was at full health while I was defeated.

I plan to do the quest when I can gain the experience for it but don't think at my level I would ever actually use him.

Mary Star Gem lvl 90