Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Headgear only for bald heads?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
The total LACK of hair for most of the gear sets going back to before Zafaria is HUGELY frustrating, and that includes the packs! Overall, there are now too many robes and sets that do not adjust to a feminine appearance (I said feminine appearance not flouncy skirty princess). The headgear is obviously stuck on skinheads, the robes are bulky and give a boyish physical appearance even if minor detailing changes with gender. The shoes are horrendous - huge clodhoppers that don't downsize to girl foot size when worn. The hairstyles are a minor improvement because they can be stitched to the special gear but that totally defeats the purpose of having special gear. Long hair would show with each and every one of the bald head hats if it were worn with hair. Is it really that hard to fit the gear on OVER the hair? There are a lot of us girls out there. Would be nice to have more than the way we run be a way to tell boys from girls.

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
I didn't like the look of WW gear, so I stitched it.

But if you can't get crowns......its sad

Explorer
Sep 01, 2012
Heard of Stitching, My wizard friend?
~SabrinaMisty, The Koolest Kitty around!

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
Yes. I have heard of stitching. But that is precisely the point. One spends cash and crowns for packs and again and again the best option to not look like a boy is to stitch the gear (if the stats are better) to a previous outfit, or, in the case of gear with worse stats, to stitch the parts of the set to good stat gear and then hunt through previously available gear to complete the outfit.

Someone is not paying attention to the market research that says females are major players in this game when the art department thinks bald heads and dressing girls to look like boys is the best they can offer a significant part of their cash base.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
So how about KI reverse the situation? For the next 10 pack releases make all the outfits to match the female physique and hairstyles and let the boys all go stitch so they don't look like girls?

Ya, see, when the shoe is on the other foot that's just wrong, now isn't it?

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
DreamerSisters on Jun 13, 2013 wrote:
Yes. I have heard of stitching. But that is precisely the point. One spends cash and crowns for packs and again and again the best option to not look like a boy is to stitch the gear (if the stats are better) to a previous outfit, or, in the case of gear with worse stats, to stitch the parts of the set to good stat gear and then hunt through previously available gear to complete the outfit.

Someone is not paying attention to the market research that says females are major players in this game when the art department thinks bald heads and dressing girls to look like boys is the best they can offer a significant part of their cash base.
They can make much more money if they offer better outfits (For both the males and females). Nearly every high level is a clone, Either: Waterworks Gear, Commander gear, The Non Pvp commander armor from the crown shop, and the ds stuff from zeke, Wizard city gear, And the School Embroidered items (The Hood from Mooshu went out of style).

Everyone was disappointed with the warlord gear in the arena, of how it wasn't as cool as we fantasied it was. Though the stats were great, i would prefer the wizard city gear.

My sister wants to see some more feminine items, and i would also like to see better looking items for both boys and girls.

Eric Legendtamer ~ Level 90
Eric ~ Level 76
Adam Anvilward ~ Level 76
Eric Legendtamer ~ Level 50
Eric Legendtamer ~ Level 28
Eric Legendtamer ~ Level 28
Eric Legendtamer level 20