Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pass limit / forfeit

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 26, 2011
With the reshuffle update and now the finite decks I think there needs to be a limit to the number of consecutive passes that a player can make to avoid and endless pass game.

I was in a match the other day where my opponent must have run out of cards or was hanging onto his last one. We were both three reshuffles into the match and both out of reshuffles. It was a painfully long match. In the end he continually let the thirty second timer expire and did nothing. Which made the match even longer. I had my minion out and was digging through my deck to find any attack I could get. But all he did was pass and pass and pass. I am not sure i even had an attack left in my deck. But I had cards to play.
It was painfully frustrating to play a match where my opponent was most likely AFK and doing nothing.

Is this the kind if end game that KI envisioned? Who can pass the most? He finally fled but what a disappointing match.

There needs to be a limit on consecutive passes if KI is going to continue with the limited reshuffles to avoid the endless pass game. Maybe seven or ten passes before the passer is forced to forfeit.

And please do not tell me to add more reshuffles or work on my strategy. I have multiple magus warlords and was playing on my magus life wizard who was a first age warlord from 1v1 and I am no turtle. If two opponents are equally matched it is not that hard to get into this situation. After this update I have been playing longer matches than I ever have played. Maybe its because the level of competition has increased because everyone is coming back to regain their title. Or maybe people are playing more conservative for the fear of running out of cards or just trying to outlast their opponent. In any case some adjustments need to be made.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
It's difficult to imagine KI didn't foresee this scenario when lots of us PvPers made our concerns known about this very issue.

As long as my trained Reshuffle spell remains a treasure card, I'll stay a retired warlord with 5000 1v1 matches played. Good luck to those of you who are still playing PvP.

Survivor
Sep 29, 2012
The night before last I was in a stalemated duel. Neither of us had attacks remaining but had cards. (I had five or six healing spells remaining, but I don't know what my opponent had left.) We passed for more than an hour before my opponent gave up and fled. I claim credit for being more stubborn - or perhaps for having more time on my hands and another computer task that I could interrupt every ten to 30 seconds.

I know a loss in PvP is not a calamity, and it was my choice to click pass for an hour or two instead of fleeing. But that's a flaw in design. I think nine consecutive passes would suffice. It ensures the pip rack is full and all spell time limits would expire. In a case like I was in, it would force each of us to cast at least one spell every ninth turn until one of us ran out of spells and lost.

Alternatively, a stalemate button that could end a duel with no losses or arena ticket awards if both players push it.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
wow, the more I hear about PvP the less I want to do it. At any rate, I know I've said this before, but if people were able to agree on conditions of the fight before the fight, including things like time limits, number of spells cast, whether pets or treasure cards were allowed, etc would go a long way to solving the PvP problems

Explorer
Mar 10, 2010
I do not like this idea either. Thankfully, now only opponents can only use 1 reshuffle. But i really get mad when it happens. I think that if a player is only down to one card, and he/she has not done anything during battle, there should an automatic disconnection do to lack of activity like in any other scenario. And i think KI should have a committee to watch and observe pvp behavior. The player has few cards and passed for a few turns, the trusted employee can announce the winner.

Amber Rainbowstone - - level 64

Sierra Hex - - level 33

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
Malt22 on Apr 30, 2013 wrote:
It's difficult to imagine KI didn't foresee this scenario when lots of us PvPers made our concerns known about this very issue.

As long as my trained Reshuffle spell remains a treasure card, I'll stay a retired warlord with 5000 1v1 matches played. Good luck to those of you who are still playing PvP.
At the very least they could let us reset the point we wasted in Reshuffle for free. I'd rather just use tc and not have that wasted training point if its going to be this worthless.

Explorer
Jul 15, 2012
No, what if someone is saving up pips for a spell?

Robert Angleblade
Grandmaster Theurgist