Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

quest

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 04, 2012
when the people in the game like the techers call for a new quest I go there and they don't have it for me what should i do and hard like find all the chest and stuff ,so please respond.

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
Jake613s on Apr 25, 2013 wrote:
when the people in the game like the techers call for a new quest I go there and they don't have it for me what should i do and hard like find all the chest and stuff ,so please respond.
It is an unfortunate design decision that the NPC calls (like teachers or Ambrose calling you to come see them) are not stored on your character account on the server, but rather appears to be stored on the local PC. In addition to forcing us to get each and every one of the the calls in the game every time we upgrade to a new computer, this particular element of poor architecture has caused frequent issues with calls coming in when they are not supposed to.

If you are called to someone and they have nothing for you, consider it a prank call, or perhaps merely a test of your dedication, and move on. This problem has been with us since Day One.

KI appears to have attempted to fix the random call problem a number of times, but synchronization is a surprisingly challenging task in computer programming (yes, I've tackled the problem myself a number of times). If the architecture behind the implementation was not bulletproof, it may simply be that no amount of creative engineering will ever compensate completely.

As far as I can tell, they never really have gotten this one right, and I suspect it would require not a simple bug fix, but rather a re-engineering of the architecture behind this feature. I suspect it's just too low on anyone's priority list, and the cost to re-engineer the bad architecture is too high. We may simply be stuck with this irritating feature until W101 closes its doors.

- Stephen Earthmender
Life Wizard, Pixie Realm