Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Some Schools Need More AoE Spells?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
Something I am noticing as I progress into higher worlds is that almost every battle with the exception of boss battles ends with an AoE spell that is very strong. Some schools like Death and Myth have little to no AoE spells and the ones they do have are very weak and almost useless in the higher worlds. This applies more so to Death because the Sun School enchantment spells do not give death spells that are life stealing the full effect of the encantment. Do you think that some schools should have been given more AoE potential?

(This mostly applies to PvE)

Historian
May 06, 2009
Teccs on Apr 20, 2013 wrote:
Something I am noticing as I progress into higher worlds is that almost every battle with the exception of boss battles ends with an AoE spell that is very strong. Some schools like Death and Myth have little to no AoE spells and the ones they do have are very weak and almost useless in the higher worlds. This applies more so to Death because the Sun School enchantment spells do not give death spells that are life stealing the full effect of the encantment. Do you think that some schools should have been given more AoE potential?

(This mostly applies to PvE)
I primarily like the Death school and that is my strongest school. We do get a new AoE with Avenging Fossil. It's side effect deals 250 death damage over 3 rounds. With my critical against most mobs, it's pretty sufficient. I still use Scarecrow to this day in Azteca if I despritely need health. I also use the Scarecrow pet's Ominous Scarecrow. Otherwise I more than likely to save up for Dr. Von's Monster. I don't think death desperately needs a new AoE as I've been pretty good without it. Even without Deer Knight or Death Seraph, I'm good.

As for Myth, they've been pleading for one for sometime now. Since they have lost many of there primary school focus spells, Minions, they really do deserve something to compensate. I think they should get one powerful AoE and we leave it there. That or instead of making them pay for Henchmen to regain they're Myth focus, they gain a mega strong minion.

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
In the higher level worlds, you'll notice that to survive, you will have to group more. When playing in a group, try and play to your strengths. As a death wizard, that isn't necessarily dealing damage. Sure we can put out a good deal of pain on someone when we have to, but other types of wizards can do heavy damage faster than us. So to play to our strengths, try placing more traps and feints, cast virulent plague. Try not to get caught up in the big damage number madness that others do and focus on the goals of having fun and winning. Of course, don't forget to attack when you can, but always keep your eyes on winning the battle and not just on the red damage numbers.