Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

game suggestions from a new gamer

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 07, 2011
1) make the animations faster it gets real annoying and tiring fighting low level battles that seem to drag on and on/ also if your over a certain amount of levels higher than the mobs they don't attack you would be nice

2) make a group finding mechanic for people on the same quests

3) it would be really nice to know what skills my pets are going to have before i spend a fortune leveling them up since the only quick way seems to spend money

4) lighten up the filter some so you can at least say numbers

5) make the zones dual accessible either complete the quest line or hit a certain level-mooshu has lvl 33 gear recipe vendors but your easily lvl 36-37 by the time you even get there

6) for the love of god make a way to delete quests from your quest book

7) show health bars for people that are engaged in a fight so you can tell if the actually need help (maybe just a percentage number under their name)

8) i think your fizzling mechanic can use some work seems the spells aren't completely independent (when one spell seems to fizzle a lot of spells seems to fizzle all in a row or on the same turn)

9) deck randomization could be better i always seem to get 3-4 of the same card.. usually the ones i don't need at the time

10) all just my 2 cents feel free to add =)

Administrator
Thanks for your feedback - some of these have been addressed previously so I'm going to save our players the trouble and respond to those directly.

2) make a group finding mechanic for people on the same questsWe're thinking about this too!

4) lighten up the filter some so you can at least say numbersNot going to happen. As you spend more time in the Spiral you'll understand our desire to protect our players from themselves and those who would do them harm. You can communicate your character level and other information through the Menu Chat system.

5) make the zones dual accessible either complete the quest line or hit a certain level-mooshu has lvl 33 gear recipe vendors but your easily lvl 36-37 by the time you even get thereThe level that you reach an area is not the same for every person. Wizard101 is a story-based game and you must progress through the story before you unlock zones.

[6) for the love of god make a way to delete quests from your quest bookAsked and answered, young Wizard. Either do not accept the quest when it is offered to you, or complete it.

9) deck randomization could be better i always seem to get 3-4 of the same card.. usually the ones i don't need at the timeAs you progress you'll better understand that deck building is an art form. How you build your deck ultimately impacts what will be available to you in a duel.

community@wizard101.com
Archon
Oct 24, 2010
zaldabenld on Apr 18, 2013 wrote:
1) make the animations faster it gets real annoying and tiring fighting low level battles that seem to drag on and on/ also if your over a certain amount of levels higher than the mobs they don't attack you would be nice

3) it would be really nice to know what skills my pets are going to have before i spend a fortune leveling them up since the only quick way seems to spend money

5) make the zones dual accessible either complete the quest line or hit a certain level-mooshu has lvl 33 gear recipe vendors but your easily lvl 36-37 by the time you even get there

7) show health bars for people that are engaged in a fight so you can tell if the actually need help (maybe just a percentage number under their name)

8) i think your fizzling mechanic can use some work seems the spells aren't completely independent (when one spell seems to fizzle a lot of spells seems to fizzle all in a row or on the same turn)

9) deck randomization could be better i always seem to get 3-4 of the same card.. usually the ones i don't need at the time

1. I disagree. Many small children play this game and enjoy the animations.
2. that would be nice
3. Go to WizardCentral Wiki, all possible pet talents are listed for each pet. Do the research to see if you want to train that pet.
4. Not going to happen. This game has filters in place to protect children.
6. Not going to happen. This has been addressed many, many times. Do the quests you accept.
7. That information is there if you are involved in a duel with them. I do not need to know their health since I ASK if they need help or if I can join.
8. Fizzles happen. it's part of gaming
9. it's up to you to load your deck properly. you can always discard one of those 4 cards, you know. Random means just that: random.

Delver
Feb 28, 2012

Look at the innermost circle around your feet. When it is all there, it means your health is full, and chunks get taken out of it according to how much health you have lost. The enemies also have the healthbar circle.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
First, I want to thank Professor Greyrose on taking a firm stand on suggestion #4. I just wish a better spell checker could be placed in conjunction with the filters that would force words to be spelled correctly in stead of players being able to continue mis-spelling inappropriate language.

#1. The animation is just fine. For those that wear glasses or contacts, increasing the animation speed causes pain to the eyes. Yes, I wear contacts or sometimes glasses so I do know what I am saying.

#2. This would be a huge asset for many players when friends aren't on.

#3. Hasn't happened yet as many times as this has been brought up and don't see KI doing it either. You can find out what the talent potential is for forst Generation Pets by checking Wiki on Central. Cross hatched pets would be impossible to determine what each would get since they can take talents from either parent. So Not happening.

#4. Answered. Won't happen.

#5. As Professor Greyrose has stated, not all wizards reach a certain zone at the same level. Those that do all quests and side quests will tend to be a higher level that those that only do main storyline.

#6. This has been asked and answered many times. There are certain quests you have to follow but deleting them once they are in your log book has never been nor will it ever be an option. There are even some sides that need to be done in order to obtain something in higher worlds.

#7. Not needed. That is just additional data that will not only clutter your screen, but also the data stored on KI servers and your own computer.

#8. We all fizzle. It has been part of the game from the beginning and always will be.

#9. Again, Professor Greyrose is right. Deck building is an art. You learn what works best for each of your wizards and when you need to adjust those decks.

Delver
Oct 23, 2011
grahambhg on Apr 18, 2013 wrote:

Look at the innermost circle around your feet. When it is all there, it means your health is full, and chunks get taken out of it according to how much health you have lost. The enemies also have the healthbar circle.
The 2D combat display already shows everyone's health.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2011
i get the pet talents are listed on the wiki but all the pets are random from i have seen as far what talents they actually have. Its way to costly and time consuming to level up pet after pet just to see which talents they actually have. and from what i have seen on the rest of the boards there have been numerous complaints about the cost of time, money, and effort to have a decent pet. maybe allow the pets to gain exp while the wizard is dueling and fighting through the game?

second i am not going to keep running back and forth through a low level zone once a new place opens up to me all the running back and forth through the same content is ridiculous. that's why i made the suggestion to be able to remove quests from your quest book so your not having to go into it and change the quest your tracking constantly.

thank your for pointing out the health bar around the feet i honestly have never paid attention to it i just read the numbers.

and what i meant about the fizzling mechanic, maybe when a spell fizzles it doesn't consume the card from your hand? 1 fizzle literally can literally cripple you in a battle. I have been battling a while now and i can either start off and kill everything in two turns or i'm battling for 15 minutes. seems like a large part of the battle (at least at lower levels) ends up depending mostly on luck than skill or deck building.

just trying to point out some frustrations from a new player, the type of things that would prevent from continued interest in the game, and many others from what i've seen in game. this game does have a lot of potential

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
zaldabenld on Apr 19, 2013 wrote:
i get the pet talents are listed on the wiki but all the pets are random from i have seen as far what talents they actually have. Its way to costly and time consuming to level up pet after pet just to see which talents they actually have. and from what i have seen on the rest of the boards there have been numerous complaints about the cost of time, money, and effort to have a decent pet. maybe allow the pets to gain exp while the wizard is dueling and fighting through the game?

second i am not going to keep running back and forth through a low level zone once a new place opens up to me all the running back and forth through the same content is ridiculous. that's why i made the suggestion to be able to remove quests from your quest book so your not having to go into it and change the quest your tracking constantly.

thank your for pointing out the health bar around the feet i honestly have never paid attention to it i just read the numbers.

and what i meant about the fizzling mechanic, maybe when a spell fizzles it doesn't consume the card from your hand? 1 fizzle literally can literally cripple you in a battle. I have been battling a while now and i can either start off and kill everything in two turns or i'm battling for 15 minutes. seems like a large part of the battle (at least at lower levels) ends up depending mostly on luck than skill or deck building.

just trying to point out some frustrations from a new player, the type of things that would prevent from continued interest in the game, and many others from what i've seen in game. this game does have a lot of potential
Most of what happens in this game is "RANDOM". Magic is "RANDOM". Hatching and training are costly if you wast money on energy refills or buying mega snacks. Some players actually do this and if they have the money to do this then it is their choice. But spending real money like this then complaining about it is not something they should post. It was their choice to do so. Many players in this game can't afford to throw away real cash in this fashion. Most will garden for the snacks they need to train those pets. If you look at it realistically, it is no different than raising a pet in real life. If you want a well behaved pet, you train them but, you must also feed them everyday, bathe them on a regular basis, keep them flea and tick free, and regular visits to the VET. The difference in the game is you don't have any of this if you don't want to.....The suggestion to allow pets to gain XP during a wizards duel has been done numerous times. To date it has not been implemented in the game. In all honesty, I doubt it ever will be.

As for running back and forth in a low level area, there are 2 things you can do:
1. not take the quests to begin with, but you may also want to keep in mind that if it is a main quest line, you have no choice if you wish to advance. There are a few sides that will prevent you from doing something later in the game if you don't do them.
2. Accept all quests, main and sides, and do them at the time you are in any given area. It makes it much easier to progress in the game with very little reason to return to those areas.
As for change the quests being tracked, I do that anyway. If I am running a main line quest and pick up a side, I will either change it or get the side quest done first and out of my way. In my opinion, it is very tedious to progress through on main quests then have to go back and do the side when I was already there in the first place.

The only players that had any idea what they were doing when this game went live in 2008 are the Beta Testers.. None of us starting after that, were given any training uther than what is given by Diego on the use of spells or how to set up a deck. Fizzling has always been there. Just like everything else, it is a random effect and to some extent warns you to make sure you have at least one additional of that spell just for that reason. In effect when the card fizzles it is gone. All schools fizz from time to time. Some days seems to be every time you cast a certain spell, then the next day you may not fizz at all. You are not the only one that goes through this and it has been a topic of discussion off and on since the game was presented to the public. Yes, 1 fizz can cripple you in an instant and can determine the outcome of a battle, but, it is also part of the challenge.... If every battle was a guaranteed win with no fizz now and then, there would be no point in playing.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
I agree with the essence of the points made.

1) The animations do get really annoying. Its true. By level 40, battling the same mobs over and over and over watching the exact same spell animations... I get so sick of seeing certain spells. How about some variety in the spell animations. Or some alternate spells that do the exact same thing... just to break the monotony.

2) Finding help can be frustrating especially in the higher worlds. Finding good friends is really tough. If you like playing with aggressive jumpers who do whatever they like... thats easy to find.

3) Well ya.The amount of effort to hatch and train a pet to Mega is atrocious. Not saying it should be completely revealed, but currently its just...

4) The filters are frustrating. I can't say common words like 'soap' yet I can mis-spell obvious offensive words no problem. Why are obvious variations of the f-word in the dictionary?

Maybe filtering numbers is for legal/ratings reasons but it does get annoying having to type 'fifth thousand and tree hundred'. This is true.

5) Vendors are placed at odd points, usually too late. Don't know why since gear has level limits anyway.

6) The arguement its a bad idea to delete quests because people will lose the quest. Well, has KI staff played other RPGs? There are other solutions to the cluttered quest book! A little imagination can fix this issue.

I think the game has bigger issues with quest flow. Discontinuous or segmented quests causing players to 'lose' their quest is a much bigger issue. Cluttered quest book adds to the confusion of getting back on track.

7) show health bars... well it could be helpful. Someone about to jump in could make a decision. Do they need health or are they ok? Not a bad idea.

8) fizzling mechanic - I agree it seems odd. Random processes tend toward "clumping", not uniform distributions, but the fizzling does seem odd...

9) deck randomization - not sure, haven't noticed an issue.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
RavenLady777 on Apr 18, 2013 wrote:
1. I disagree. Many small children play this game and enjoy the animations.
2. that would be nice
3. Go to WizardCentral Wiki, all possible pet talents are listed for each pet. Do the research to see if you want to train that pet.
4. Not going to happen. This game has filters in place to protect children.
6. Not going to happen. This has been addressed many, many times. Do the quests you accept.
7. That information is there if you are involved in a duel with them. I do not need to know their health since I ASK if they need help or if I can join.
8. Fizzles happen. it's part of gaming
9. it's up to you to load your deck properly. you can always discard one of those 4 cards, you know. Random means just that: random.
as a single adult with no kids, my opinion probably doesn't hold much (if any) weight here. but this is what i have to say on the subjects at hand:

1. small children may enjoy the endless stream of anims, but most players over the age of 5 (myself included) probably don't~ how about a compromise, like the option to turn them off?

2. good friends are hard to come by. that said, i have met and connected with several amazing people from these boards over on one of the fansites; check out wizard101central.com... It's free to create an account, and there are tons of forum folk who'd be happy to chat with you~ my name there is El Veeb, and I'm one of them.

that said, an in-game quest-help-finder would be nice.

3. i agree with the op. pet training is one of the most expensive and time-consuming things in-game. yes, you can research first-gen pet talents, but they are still completely random and (for second-gen pets) there's no guarantee that you'll get any of those talents.

4. while i agree with and support the reasons behind the chat filters, i agree with the op that not being able to say common words like soap or movie is kinda ridiculous, especially when it's so easy for those who insist on cursing to circumvent the system.

5. love the bazaar, but can't say i feel the same way about that trek through the commons. that being said, i'm a firm believer in zones being accessible by quest progression only.

6. and what if you delete the main arc quest? how about no.

7. while, like ravenlady, i ask before joining duels, the op's suggestion isn't a bad idea.

8. lowered fizzle rates would make some schools quite overpowered. while i have a high-level storm wizard with perfect accuracy (and quite enjoy playing her), i had to work hard for those stats. if my wizard had started out with what she has now, it wouldn't be fair to the other schools.

9. i pack a small deck, without unnecessary junk. this ensures that i get the spells you need when i need them and don't have to discard as often.

/my 2 cents, for what they're worth.

-v.

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
RottenHeart on Apr 20, 2013 wrote:
I agree with the essence of the points made.

1) The animations do get really annoying. Its true. By level 40, battling the same mobs over and over and over watching the exact same spell animations... I get so sick of seeing certain spells. How about some variety in the spell animations. Or some alternate spells that do the exact same thing... just to break the monotony.

2) Finding help can be frustrating especially in the higher worlds. Finding good friends is really tough. If you like playing with aggressive jumpers who do whatever they like... thats easy to find.

3) Well ya.The amount of effort to hatch and train a pet to Mega is atrocious. Not saying it should be completely revealed, but currently its just...

4) The filters are frustrating. I can't say common words like 'soap' yet I can mis-spell obvious offensive words no problem. Why are obvious variations of the f-word in the dictionary?

Maybe filtering numbers is for legal/ratings reasons but it does get annoying having to type 'fifth thousand and tree hundred'. This is true.

5) Vendors are placed at odd points, usually too late. Don't know why since gear has level limits anyway.

6) The arguement its a bad idea to delete quests because people will lose the quest. Well, has KI staff played other RPGs? There are other solutions to the cluttered quest book! A little imagination can fix this issue.

I think the game has bigger issues with quest flow. Discontinuous or segmented quests causing players to 'lose' their quest is a much bigger issue. Cluttered quest book adds to the confusion of getting back on track.

7) show health bars... well it could be helpful. Someone about to jump in could make a decision. Do they need health or are they ok? Not a bad idea.

8) fizzling mechanic - I agree it seems odd. Random processes tend toward "clumping", not uniform distributions, but the fizzling does seem odd...

9) deck randomization - not sure, haven't noticed an issue.
You can actually see their health when you are not fighting with them.

Follow this guide: it will help you.

www.duelist101.com/wizard101-pvp-guides-2/the-health-ring-a-quick-visual-guide/

#popcicool7777777

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
zaldabenld on Apr 18, 2013 wrote:

1) Totally agree. how about making worlds where the animations are sped up and other worlds where all but the actual hit is turned off? When you log into those worlds, EVERYBODY sees the same thing

2) totally in agreement

3) many people agree with you on this, and some have come up with ways to make it happen. ultimately, we need to be patient for when they allow us to get our pets to level 8, and thereby getting every talent the pet can offer us

4) the filters are kinda weird and seem quite random

6) I have mentioned ways they could change the quest system to allow for people to decline quests after they've been given. Without knowing the behind the scenes info, let me just say that while I don't agree with their 100% firm stance on it never happening, I understand why they won't

8) fizzles are annoying, but as you gain levels, it does get better, much better. I rarely fizzle these days and dont have the best and baddest gear out there

Survivor
Jan 01, 2011
Fizzling Solution - play the game more skillfully. Apply sniper to your spell. Get gear with increased accuracy. Cast an Unstoppable.

Pet training too cost/time expensive - of course it is - that's one way KI makes money and keeps players playing. They Are providing a service after all, they need money to pay employees. That said I too think the current system is too greedy / demanding.

Explorer
Jun 20, 2009
Dude, I know these are just suggestions, but they make you look just plain needy. I'm not saying you are, because I am not one to assume, (well, maybe not ALL the time), yet, still, I think you need to be bit more laid back and just play the game. It's already the funnest game ever, don't complain too much.

Marissa BattleFlame
Queen of the Satyrs