Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Let's hear it for Myth!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 18, 2012
Everybody rejects the spirit schools. These are myth, life, and death. Most of all, they reject myth. I am furious about this and I want it to change. I can give you five good reasons why myth is awesome:
-It can summon minions from less pips
-minions give you two turns. That is 2x the attack.
-If you are out of attack cards, your minion still has some*
-The attack is good and the health is decent
-It boosts to storm bosses.

*Balance is an exception wheras you get reshuffle, so you can go forever.

My fellow students of myth, please convince the fire, ice, storm, life, death, and balance students.

Hunter Mythstone
Level 32
Myth

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
Hunter Stone on Mar 1, 2013 wrote:
Everybody rejects the spirit schools. These are myth, life, and death. Most of all, they reject myth. I am furious about this and I want it to change. I can give you five good reasons why myth is awesome:

My fellow students of myth, please convince the fire, ice, storm, life, death, and balance students.

Hunter Mythstone
Level 32
Myth
I like all schools, however, here are the down sides.

Minions often break traps and do not do what you want them to do.
Attacking twice doesn't necessarily mean double damage.
Anyone can train reshuffle.
Health is on the low end, but I would agree with the damage being decent.
In CL and beyond, life can also boost to storm enemies.
As some people are complaining, myth wizards have "a lack of AoE spells"
Quite often I see myth enemies (Deepwater in avalon, 2/4 of the bosses there are myth)

Now the up sides.

Myth has better health than fire and storm, but almost as high attack.
Myth has moderate accuracy unlike fire and storm.
Myth wizards can make wizards frustrated when you remove the feint on yourself and remove their best blades.
Myth wizards can summon minions
Myth wizards are master manipulators (stack up on tons of shield, goodbye with Shatter)
Myth's first crafted spell is dropped by someone NOT in a dungeon unlike the other MooShu ones (Ninja Pigs is dropped by Koto, which is ice)
All I could think of so far!

Explorer
Mar 18, 2010
:) I agree. Although I primarily play with my balance, I do agree that people never really respect or give the spirit school chances. For Myth, they certainly don't ask for a myth in battle often. Also, some people think all Life does is heal. For Death, sometimes people say all they do is heal themselves. This is Not True. I think that the spirit schools should have more popularity (primarily Myth because I see less and less of them everyday).

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
I'm a balance wizard, which is sort of the school of all schools. So I each and every school.

I don't think most people are Myth which makes people think there is something wrong with the school. And most aren't myth because the younger myth wizards don't like Cyrus Drake when they first join, then they make a new character.

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
I honestly like myth! The spells are based off of mystic creatures and mythology which is really cool! Myth is great, but why are there so few? I see a lot of people say myth is horrible but it's not. I also see more fire ice And storm wizards than spirit wizards. It's really weird. But yes, myth gets the least respect out of all the schools which isn't right. The minions are great, and so is myth. MYTH IS GREAT!!!

Survivor
Nov 07, 2012
myth is my secondary school and i tell u it rocks

blake bluethorn lvl 38 socerer

Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
Myth is pretty good. The minions are helpful at times, but also waste traps like no tomorrow. Plus Minotaur and Earthquake are insanely good spells, you must also set two traps instead of one for most big Myth hits.

However I feel Death gets the shortest end of the stick when it comes to how Spirit Schools. Death only has 3 AoE spells in it's entire arsenal, one of them being Crowns only, Scarecrow is very subpar once you get to late CL and onward,. Death doesn't get the full effect from Sun School spells either.

Survivor
Jun 15, 2012
I have a myth wizard, she is relatively new - a level 48. I chose her in my 6th spot over ice. I love my myth wizard more and more each time I play. I personally favor spiritual schools and my balance wizard, of course.

Level 90 - Balance

Level 48 - Myth
Level 48 - Life
Level 35 - Death

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Although Life was my first wizard and still dear to me, Myth is my favorite. Most of my favorite animations are the ones for Myth spells.

Myth is not typically a one hit school. I believe that is one reason why people see that school as weak. There is more to playing myth than the typical blade and hit, which I think is one of the reasons my Myth wizard is my favorite.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 90 Life
Hannah Legendstalker Level 90 Myth

Defender
Sep 09, 2011
Hunter Stone on Mar 1, 2013 wrote:

Hunter Mythstone
Level 32
Myth
Hi There!

I would say hi brother :)

First of all don't take that personal. I more like there is few myth wiz then like storm wiz which has at least 60% storm players.

Second train hard and you will love it even more i see you are level 32 you still didnt see all mighty stuff in spiral. I will use this message to point out " weekness " in our school and try to change to " powerful "

I will try with this post i seen:

Minions often break traps and do not do what you want them to do.
Attacking twice doesn't necessarily mean double damage.
Anyone can train reshuffle.
Health is on the low end, but I would agree with the damage being decent.
In CL and beyond, life can also boost to storm enemies.
As some people are complaining, myth wizards have "a lack of AoE spells"
Quite often I see myth enemies (Deepwater in avalon, 2/4 of the bosses there are myth)

Minions: There is major set of minions which have ranks in battle form 1 to 4 pips i will always recommend minotaur minion cause he cast shields and sprite and attack of troll and happens often that he has up to 6 shields ( tower shields ) after new update we got Dimension Shift spell that can be used on any minion and take shields, traps, sprites, blades and even to give stuff to him like damage over time your sprite, shields i think you got whole picture now.

Double damage: With just one tc Time of legend 45% my Talos can cast frog up to 700 damage that means goodbye shield and his minion which happens that all other school minions have less health then Talos not mention about he casting blades on his own and can do earth and minotaur as well.

Health: Well i got like 3528 health thats enough health for me but i seen other wizards that have 4000 as well. Attack for me is now 60% but i can get it at 65% but need pet talent for spell proof.

Boost: Hmm 4 pips frog with colossal can do 2000 damage over storm i am happy about that i dont want to wait for Forest Lord patience isn't in my nature.

AoE: Um its ok i dont mind.

Myth enemys: Just to let you know there is more storm then myth and boss is normally ice, fire and death. I personal don't care about that there is always convert.

I hope i clear some stuff and you figer360 just keep up leveling up you didnt see all yet.

Micheal BlueBright Myth Conjurer level 90, Commander, Techomancer

Happy Learning To All Of You

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
Teccs on Apr 1, 2013 wrote:
Myth is pretty good. The minions are helpful at times, but also waste traps like no tomorrow. Plus Minotaur and Earthquake are insanely good spells, you must also set two traps instead of one for most big Myth hits.

However I feel Death gets the shortest end of the stick when it comes to how Spirit Schools. Death only has 3 AoE spells in it's entire arsenal, one of them being Crowns only, Scarecrow is very subpar once you get to late CL and onward,. Death doesn't get the full effect from Sun School spells either.
None of the spells are crowns only. I crafted deer knight, did the quest for crow and the dino which i almost never use. Death has it made in the shade let me tell you. I have played life, fire, storm, myth, ice and balance to at least level 80. Deaths 1/2 back on crow and vons ect makes it a very farm/ solo friendly character. Not that others cant solo its just death does it the best and does not need a mastery amy to make things work well like ice/fire etc.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
My first w101 character was a death and i agree they are very good at solo, butI am currently playing a myth and they are even more solo friendly. You can guess why.