Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

opinions?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 24, 2011
maybe you've seen me around before, maybe not. If you have, you know I have Amy and Grace as my two wizards. I was thinking of adding another, Julia, when Amy hit level 35 and Grace hit 15. However, crowns are tight and I'm not sure I want to take her through the hardships Amy has faced and Grace is about to experience. But since amy had very little health, It'll be easier with Grace and Julia. Another problem is what school to place her in. If I ask 'What school should I put her in?" arguments will break out in this thread and it'll be a disaster. So I've narrowed it down to 3 schools for you. (not to be rude to you if you're school isn't included, I just simply don't think it fits my needs at the moment. please don't be angry with me.) I would like to hear the stats for the schools of:
Myth
Ice
Fire

Thank you for all of your opinions and you're refrain from arguments!
~Amy Duskbreeze, Magus Diviner
~Grace Starsong, Initiate Theurgist

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
If you like Storm and Life I'd recommend Ice. I've liked both Storm and Life, and my Ice wizard is now my secondary wizard. (My Diviner still takes top spot. Lol)

Ice has lots of health for you to work with. The damage isn't great, but you get more gradually, and the resist is awesome! Not to mention that if you have a good strategy PvP is a breeze. (Note, PvP playing isn't exactly required. Questing is far more satisfactory.)

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
The duck of destin... on Feb 7, 2013 wrote:
maybe you've seen me around before, maybe not. If you have, you know I have Amy and Grace as my two wizards. I was thinking of adding another, Julia, when Amy hit level 35 and Grace hit 15. However, crowns are tight and I'm not sure I want to take her through the hardships Amy has faced and Grace is about to experience. But since amy had very little health, It'll be easier with Grace and Julia. Another problem is what school to place her in. If I ask 'What school should I put her in?" arguments will break out in this thread and it'll be a disaster. So I've narrowed it down to 3 schools for you. (not to be rude to you if you're school isn't included, I just simply don't think it fits my needs at the moment. please don't be angry with me.) I would like to hear the stats for the schools of:
Myth
Ice
Fire

Thank you for all of your opinions and you're refrain from arguments!
~Grace Starsong, Initiate Theurgist
hi there~ what school you should choose depends on your play-style: do you like being the primary damage-dealer, or would you rather play support to your teammates?

i know you asked for those 3 specifically, but stats vary, depending on your pet and gear (dropped vs. crafted vs. crowns-only). so here is an outline of what to expect from all 7 schools:

(note: these are base stats only and do not include any boosts from gear or pets~ all of the 'low' stats can be boosted as you level up)

storm: high damage and critical chance, but low health/resist/block/accuracy. they are the go-big-or-go-home school~ as you've probably experienced already, either you go big and get a one-hit kill, or you fizzle and "go home" to the commons (lol). my diviner is level 64.

fire: high damage and crit, medium accuracy/resist/block, low-medium health (my level 17 pyro has higher than average resist, thanks to her pet, and is killing it in pvp; she's in krokotopia).

ice: low damage, medium accuracy, extremely-high health, resist and block; this is your tank, someone who's basically immortal and can take damage to protect their more-fragile teammates. at level 24, my ice wizard has over 2000 health.

myth: low damage, medium accuracy/health/resist/block. this school is ideal for support, or if you plan to do a lot of pvp, because their ability to bypass shields makes them nigh unbeatable. my myth wizard is also level 24, and i'm priming him for arena glory as we speak.

life: medium damage, high health/accuracy/resist/block. this is your healer class; much like ice (depending on your gear), they are tanks who can live forever. i have a level 45 life wizard, who's practically immortal.

death: medium health/damage/accuracy/resist/block. this school is pretty balanced overall, but a lot of their buffs require them to do damage to themselves for some sort of bonus. my necromancer is level 84, and his best skill is the ability to do damage to the enemies and get half of it back as health (as you level up, you'll notice that their enhancements are cut in half for this reason).

balance: much like death, everything about balance is average. i don't like the school, but have made the best with what i have... my sorceress is level 90, and almost done with azteca.

hope this helps, sort of. if you want specific stats, i'll have a peek at some gear when i next visit the bazaar.

-von/shadowsong
and her wizarding family.

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
I think you should do myth. Its a cool school in general, and you get Cyrus Drake who you will learn to like, and you will see why(I don't wanna spoil it)

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
I found Myth fun to play. I should of gotten "one in a million" for how many times I cast that frog. I used the minions further into the game on this school then any other. O pip puppet that can be your shield - Cyclops that can fight and give you Spritely.

Ice a bit boring and a given. Like my Life it was a slow but sure play.

Fire a bit of a challenge because of to many over time spells in the beginning.

I think my favorite schools to play are Life and Death so far. Life because I learned the game with it and Death because what's not to like about coming away from a battle with most if not all your health left.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Survivor
Nov 24, 2011
I've chosen the school of... ICE!

thank you for all of your replies and opinions!

~Grace Starsong, Initiate Theurgist (and no longer the littlest sister )