Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Strangely slow

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 07, 2009
So i logged on to my game earlier with no problem's once so ever, but then i logged back on at 6:05pm, and the computer was normal, not slow, but fairly fast. But i logged on to my storm to train his new pet, but everything was loading so slow, and i mean extremely slow. I decided what ever, and so i tried to go to the commons, but he wouldnt go througt, and it looked as if there was absoultley no one around, but they loaded a bit later. I am a bit upset considirign this is interfering with me being a ble to decorate my house, do tasks, and everything inbetween. Please soemone, or KI reply. Just now my friends game is doing it. So please do something and fast, because this is very annoying.

Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
I am losing connection to server a lot. I checked my computer first. I can surf the net and connect other sites play fast and quick.

pirate8375

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
jameslc99 on Jan 5, 2013 wrote:
So i logged on to my game earlier with no problem's once so ever, but then i logged back on at 6:05pm, and the computer was normal, not slow, but fairly fast. But i logged on to my storm to train his new pet, but everything was loading so slow, and i mean extremely slow. I decided what ever, and so i tried to go to the commons, but he wouldnt go througt, and it looked as if there was absoultley no one around, but they loaded a bit later. I am a bit upset considirign this is interfering with me being a ble to decorate my house, do tasks, and everything inbetween. Please soemone, or KI reply. Just now my friends game is doing it. So please do something and fast, because this is very annoying.
There could be a couple of things you may want to try.

Run a reputable cleaner on your computer that removes un-necessary temporary files that can build up rather quickly taking up a couple of gigs of space..

Run a defrag to get the files back in their normal place on the hard drive.

Clean out your backpack on your wizards. Yes, this can cause a heavy drag on the wizard.

Check your graphics driver. It may need to be updated.

If someone in your home is streaming video or music on a computer, this will just all but kick you out of the game and sometimes even that. Streaming pulls more than playing this game and weill be reflected back to players by causing severe lag.

Finally, take a look to see what realm you are in. If it is heavily populated, this will also drag you down. IF you continue to have problems, you may want to contact support directly and they will help you if they can and if it is an issue with the game itself.

If you have an older computer, they are naturally going to start running slower in a game such as this and there is not much you can do except replace them.

Good luck

Explorer
Mar 07, 2009
DragonLady1818 on Jan 5, 2013 wrote:
There could be a couple of things you may want to try.

Run a reputable cleaner on your computer that removes un-necessary temporary files that can build up rather quickly taking up a couple of gigs of space..

Run a defrag to get the files back in their normal place on the hard drive.

Clean out your backpack on your wizards. Yes, this can cause a heavy drag on the wizard.

Check your graphics driver. It may need to be updated.

If someone in your home is streaming video or music on a computer, this will just all but kick you out of the game and sometimes even that. Streaming pulls more than playing this game and weill be reflected back to players by causing severe lag.

Finally, take a look to see what realm you are in. If it is heavily populated, this will also drag you down. IF you continue to have problems, you may want to contact support directly and they will help you if they can and if it is an issue with the game itself.

If you have an older computer, they are naturally going to start running slower in a game such as this and there is not much you can do except replace them.

Good luck
Thanks but i already tryed those. It seems that it was "just one of those nights" where everybody felt like playing wizard101. The next morning everything was working fine.