Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Difficulty is a part of the game, team up!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Sep 10, 2011
So I guess the question still remains. How do you want this game to help you finish it alone other than involving in group play or hiring henchmens?

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
RottenHeart on Jan 10, 2013 wrote:
Fireproof -> you are missing the point of the thread and the various replies. Everybody reading this fully understands what you are trying to say. Degrading the thread into a discussion of what an mmo is both immature and off topic. Move on.

I vote Fireproof tries for four consequtive posts on the same thread.
I believe que brought the definition in first. And this thread has been off topic.

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
I still have yet to see where it says solo or seperate on any definition of MMO.

It comes down to the fact on these games you are meant to work together.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
fireproof1111 on Jan 12, 2013 wrote:
I still have yet to see where it says solo or seperate on any definition of MMO.

It comes down to the fact on these games you are meant to work together.
It seems that some still can't understand. W101 is a MMORPG. As Kingurz also listed definitions of some, apparently, you missed it.

Kingurz posted this definition as well in reference to MMORPG:

"Short for massively multiplayer online role-playing game it is a type of game genre. MMORPGs are online role-playing multiplayer games which allow thousands of gamers to play in the game's evolving virtual world at the same time via the Internet."

The term MMO itself isn't exclusive to grouping, the MMO game itself determines that. Also stated by Kingurz.

You may want to go back and read His post with the different definitions.

Some games require you to work as a "team" W101 does not. KI has never forced players to play as a group nor have they stated anywhere we can't solo if that is our preferred style. If the game continues with the current trend in difficulty, it is only a matter of time before more players quit. The game is no longer fun. It has become very stressful and in some areas very tedious. The game is no longer balanced.

Defender
Feb 17, 2012
ShadowSlayer3120 on Dec 23, 2012 wrote:
Hey everyone,

I am fairly new to the forum here, and I am seeing lots of complaints about the difficulty of this game. Its always "Azteca is impossible and it's not fun" or "Collecting quests are taking too long and they're too hard." Well I do agree with most of you 100%, but that's what the game is about! If enemies and bosses had as much health as we did, if you would always collect every fight, if the player-enemy ratio was 1-1, basically if this game was fair between NPC's and players, this game would be boring! What's the fun in not having to carefully think out every spell knowing the wrong choice would ruin the fight for you, to keep hoping for a critical or a may cast? If you can't solo a tough boss or a dungeon, go ask another player to help, I bet you if they are bored then they will help you out. It's an MMO, and it's a lot more fun when you have another wizard by your side. So if you're stuck, ask a fellow wizard to help, and if you're bored, help someone! Think of it this way, if KI made the changes some of you asked for, this game would be as fun and easy as a promethean level 90 fighting a lost soul in unicorn way.

Thanks and I'll see you in the spiral!
Hunter DragonSword, level 54 necromancer
Hunter Xavier, level 10 swashbuckler
I totally agree with you. Even if youre not life or balance it doesn't mean that you have to solo the entire game. I am storm, but my friend is the reason I got to Krok! You'll probably see me on troll, but I'm on rarely, with my cousin Noah and his important work in Celestia.
Bye

Allan beareyes