Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

gear problems/spell problems!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 22, 2009
i have a level 51 death character,he has 121 to critical block and 185 stun resistance,continusly blocks all incomeing critical and why is being stunned ,comes up as stun immune.-my level 85 death wizard has 145 critical block and 55% stun resistance,1in 3x against critical it blocks and never has blocked stun option at all,i also have mass triage-is this only against fire spells ?if not its not working-thanks ~smoke

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
smoke1972 on Nov 25, 2012 wrote:
i have a level 51 death character,he has 121 to critical block and 185 stun resistance,continusly blocks all incomeing critical and why is being stunned ,comes up as stun immune.-my level 85 death wizard has 145 critical block and 55% stun resistance,1in 3x against critical it blocks and never has blocked stun option at all,i also have mass triage-is this only against fire spells ?if not its not working-thanks ~smoke
The best way to block a stun is to get the spell from Diego on Unicorn way.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
smoke1972 on Nov 25, 2012 wrote:
I agree with Brwac~ for the sake of your sanity, go and train Stun Block from Diego in Unicorn Park.

Re: mass triage~ it removes any damage over time spells, not just fire ones.

Hope this helps,
-von

Survivor
Nov 22, 2009
nope wasnt what i was saying, my level 51 death character has 18 to stun resist not 185 /sorry for the typo-he blocks every stun and half the time is stun immune-and with only 121 critical block he also blocks almost every critical-my 88 death has better stats 55 to stun resist and now 165 to critical block.i only block about 50% on critical hits and maybe one in 10 on the stun block-my mass triage several times wouldent remove the myth or fire over time spells,and if i can just use the card to block stun why wear the gear that has it?wanna save the pips .~smoke

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
smoke1972 on Dec 10, 2012 wrote:
nope wasnt what i was saying, my level 51 death character has 18 to stun resist not 185 /sorry for the typo-he blocks every stun and half the time is stun immune-and with only 121 critical block he also blocks almost every critical-my 88 death has better stats 55 to stun resist and now 165 to critical block.i only block about 50% on critical hits and maybe one in 10 on the stun block-my mass triage several times wouldent remove the myth or fire over time spells,and if i can just use the card to block stun why wear the gear that has it?wanna save the pips .~smoke
I have never tried Mass Triage but once in the ending battle in Avalon and that is a fire spell it breaks altho it would seem odd that would be all it works on I guess it could be.

I am not quite sure what else you are asking. As for Stun Block from Diego it is a 0 pip spell.

As you level in the Spiral things that used to work may not any more to up the challenge of battle.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
smoke1972 on Dec 10, 2012 wrote:
You need to understand, that KI has a whole different math system than the normal world. 100% to them does not actually mean 100%.

On lower level wizards, like your L51 Death, it's easier to block stun and critical, because the math is simpler for mobs/bosses. On your L88 Death, you have a lot more math factors set in by KI that are more complicated. This includes pierce, harder hits, criticals that get through your block more, as well as stuns. Critical stats for players were more important starting with Celestia, however, as you get higher up in the different worlds, Critical becomes less important, because of math .... KI designed most of the mobs/bosses to block Critical.

So, now you need to look at different ways to give yourself additional blocking capabilities, such as losing some of your Critical to boost your Critical Block. Plus, being able to train the Stun Block spell through Diego in Unicorn way. Don't rely on stats that you think should block. Like I said, the higher levels can burst through the bubble of protection more.