Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm school.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 13, 2009
Storm is already under powered as it stands, We have low health, Low resistance, and for what? High damage? High damage is achievable by any school. I was expecting along with the new world and spells we would get something to up our school up a bit, at least to the point that we arent under powered. The new Spell for storm, Named "Storm Owl" Is just horrible, any one who feels to reply go ahead. This is my opinion along with my other storm friends who have discussed about it. Our new spell has no other effect aside from its high damage, compared to all the other schools i would say our's is worst of them all. I hope in the future you take this complaint into action and make storm a more attractive class by new players and/or Old ones. I am seriously considering, to stop playing my storm unless there is something that comes out to make him worth the time to level, such as gear and level bonuses for health. Thanks for all people who took the time to read this. If you have any rude and degrading comments please keep them to your self's. Other than that I would love to hear whether you guys agree with me or not or what other feed back you might have about the storm school.

Explorer
Feb 12, 2011
I have to disagree - storm is not underpowered at all. Sure, you have awful health and resist - but you can also end most mob battles in 2-3 turns. My storm can often kill everything before she takes more than 2 hits. And the new spell? While I haven't used it yet (Yes, I have seen it) have you already forgotten about Sirens? AoE, that removes 2 charms, AND leaves a smokescreen? Levy, also removes charms... It's not like Storm doesn't have other options.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
StrafeX on Oct 26, 2012 wrote:
Storm is already under powered as it stands, We have low health, Low resistance, and for what? High damage? High damage is achievable by any school. I was expecting along with the new world and spells we would get something to up our school up a bit, at least to the point that we arent under powered. The new Spell for storm, Named "Storm Owl" Is just horrible, any one who feels to reply go ahead. This is my opinion along with my other storm friends who have discussed about it. Our new spell has no other effect aside from its high damage, compared to all the other schools i would say our's is worst of them all. I hope in the future you take this complaint into action and make storm a more attractive class by new players and/or Old ones. I am seriously considering, to stop playing my storm unless there is something that comes out to make him worth the time to level, such as gear and level bonuses for health. Thanks for all people who took the time to read this. If you have any rude and degrading comments please keep them to your self's. Other than that I would love to hear whether you guys agree with me or not or what other feed back you might have about the storm school.
Storm is hardly under powered.
You have low resistance/health because of the high damage. That's the point.
Storm isn't for everyone. I know I am not a fan of the school due to just those reasons...

Survivor
Aug 13, 2009
Not to mention horrible accuracy? Even with my Waterworks gear i still fizzle about 2/5 of the time. You take all these factors, Horrible health, Horrible Resistance, Horrible Accuracy. It isn't balanced out at all. The only we have going for storm his high damage, and if we can take mobs out in 2-3 rounds it would be because we got a lucky draw and didn't fizzle from our low accuracy. Ice has high health, high accuracy, and high resistance. Even though it has low damage they can still throw on a couple blades with in that 2-3 round time span and easily kill a mob just as fast, with out the chance of fizzling or dying. Same with all the other classes, i don't feel like going through all the other classes's ups and downs. When you take all the Ups and downs of a school storm is 1/4, ice would be 3/4, and for the rest any where from 2/4 - 3/4. 1 being the worst (only having one good trait, and 4 being the best with all good traits.) I also wanted to throw in some other things about the new spells, did kingsisle put any thought process at all into the new spells? I mean some of them are alright, Storm has the spells storm owl; First let me start by saying does storm owl correlate with storms at all or even lighting/water? I cant see them being anymore general with the name. Its something anyone can come up with. I think by now all of us high level players are looking for that wow factor, which we simply arent getting with these new spells. When i do obtain the spell storm owl, i will probably not even use it, because leviathan can do almost as much damage and he can remove 2 positives. With the new thing kingsisle implemented into the game for ice, which is Immune, It makes it even more unbalance and ice even more over powered. I am not complaining to intrigue you guys to make storm over powered in any way what so ever. I am just simply asking for a better balance system, maybe grant storm some more health or resistance. What ever you may chose for it to be. Thanks....

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
Well there is plenty of gear out there to increase accuracy and health. 1st mistake everyone does is to don the waterworks gear. Instead of assuming the waterworks gear is the best go and get gear from crafting,crowns,bazaar and start detailing your stats to hone in on everything you need. Ill say this i dont wear one bit of my waterworks gear because it doesnt give what i need in total. Im not saying waterworks gear is not good im just saying configure the best stats you can with mixing what you got.

Storm is not in any way underpowered though. Every school has ups an downs that give pros an cons.
If i had to choose a school that i felt was underpowered i would have to say it was myth.

Survivor
Dec 27, 2010
StrafeX on Oct 26, 2012 wrote:
Clearly you don't realize that us diviners get the best damage boosted gear. Have you ever compared the waterworks gear of an ice with a storm? they get more resist, health and block. We get more critical and damage. All the gear adding up makes our attacks almost twice as strong! And the ice people get abou 40 percent resistance and we get about 89 percent boost.

~Tara Frostgem level 66 storm

Defender
Sep 18, 2009
Don't use WW gear. Use Wintertusk crafted gear and equip a pet with accuracy instead of a 'SPUD'. My storm and fire are both at 99% accuracy with their gear and pets. I don't find storm girl underpowered at all, and she hits dang near every time. Balance, life, and death don't get accuracy boosts on their gear, and they have lower damage. That is more what I consider underpowered.

Defender
Aug 01, 2011
natenkate on Nov 14, 2012 wrote:
Don't use WW gear. Use Wintertusk crafted gear and equip a pet with accuracy instead of a 'SPUD'. My storm and fire are both at 99% accuracy with their gear and pets. I don't find storm girl underpowered at all, and she hits dang near every time. Balance, life, and death don't get accuracy boosts on their gear, and they have lower damage. That is more what I consider underpowered.
Actually your right on the WW gear being pretty bad but I found that the avalon crafting gear is pretty good too. The balance crafting gear there is perfect for me. So you might wanna take a look at that. I better take a look at the Wintertusk gear too sounds very interesting.

Survivor
Dec 08, 2009
fireproof1111 on Oct 31, 2012 wrote:
Well there is plenty of gear out there to increase accuracy and health. 1st mistake everyone does is to don the waterworks gear. Instead of assuming the waterworks gear is the best go and get gear from crafting,crowns,bazaar and start detailing your stats to hone in on everything you need. Ill say this i dont wear one bit of my waterworks gear because it doesnt give what i need in total. Im not saying waterworks gear is not good im just saying configure the best stats you can with mixing what you got.

Storm is not in any way underpowered though. Every school has ups an downs that give pros an cons.
If i had to choose a school that i felt was underpowered i would have to say it was myth.
well said! was just about to mention the same about ww gear. I craft my own and have 100% accuracy and HIGH power so i never fizzle.... very powerful school.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
I don't think Storm is underpowered at all~ Sestiva (my diviner) is currently level 64, and she's doing just fine. She's still missing her WW robe, so I opted for the WT crafted one and gave her a pet with Sprite and Proof~ she does not have Life as a secondary, and can usually end a fight before the enemy is even aware that there's a fight going on (lol).

If Storm (or any school) had high health/resist AND high damage, it would be quite overpowered and unfair to everyone else. So I think it's fine the way it is~ good luck, though!

Cheers,
-von

Survivor
Jul 09, 2012
i play necro as primary....really only wizard i play but i cannot imagine for 2 seconds why anyone would willingly endure a class with such a high fizzle rate. makes my blood pressure go up just thinking about a fizzle. nope...anyone willing to pay the price of storm fizzle rate should be given a medal ( and lets be honest, fizzle rates are way higher than is listed...heck my necro has base 85% and a pet to boost up to 91% and i still find the fizzle rate unnacceptable).

few classes' 88 spell are severely underpowered and storm fits the bill, with fire, death and a few others. hopefully they will give these spells another pass.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
after level 40 there is plenty of accuracy options for storm wizards.

Explorer
Jul 10, 2009
lastdaysgunslinger on Nov 21, 2012 wrote:
after level 40 there is plenty of accuracy options for storm wizards.
Exactly. Infallible is an easy fix for the accuracy problem.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2012
You should be thankful. KI spent probably months working on this just for us, and now your saying you hate it. That is very unrespectful. Other than saying thank you to Kingsisle, you throw a complaint. Every school has there ups and downs, deal with it.