Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

damage percentages off?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 31, 2010
My sister and I are both level 80 Wizards. I am of the Death school and she is of the Myth school. My damage is statistically higher than hers. We farm Mirror Lake together daily. She always hits higher than I do with her two pip, area spell Frog than I do with my seven pip, area spell Scarecrow. Now, you would think with a higher damage stat and a higher pip spell that I would hit for more points but I never do. There is something definitely wrong here.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
frankyf64 on Oct 25, 2012 wrote:
My sister and I are both level 80 Wizards. I am of the Death school and she is of the Myth school. My damage is statistically higher than hers. We farm Mirror Lake together daily. She always hits higher than I do with her two pip, area spell Frog than I do with my seven pip, area spell Scarecrow. Now, you would think with a higher damage stat and a higher pip spell that I would hit for more points but I never do. There is something definitely wrong here.
No, nothing wrong here~ this is totally normal.

Things worth considering:

-AOE (area of effect) spells, like Scarecrow and Humongofrog, do less damage than single-attack spells because you're doing damage to more than one enemy.

-Death's drain spells (Scarecrow, Wraith, Vampire, etc.) do less damage than off-school spells of the same rank because you get half the damage back as health.

-If your sister uses astral (star/sun) buffs with her spells and you don't, that might explain why her frog does more damage than your Scarecrow~ that, and enhancement buffs are halved for Death's drain spells, for the same reason mentioned above: you get half the damage back as health.

I hope this made sense... kinda, sorta.

-veebz
archmage sorceress & necromancer

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Are you attacking storm creatures? Myth has a boost when attacking storm.
Also she may have a higher +damage than you do on your stats.

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
frankyf64 on Oct 25, 2012 wrote:
Humongofrog is a four-pip spell. Regardless of your damage stats, its not impossible if she puts out more blades than you did before attacking or if she has better critical than yours. Otherwise, i'm also interested what KI has to say about it because 400 base damage is low already for a 7 pip spell. I understand it not being overpowered damage wise because its a very effective drain spell, but we don't want it being robbed of more hit points because of a percentage glitch.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
As you are are both level 80 I think its safe to assume you are both quite familiar with the game and how spells work, why, etc. Your post is interesting as all things being equal Scarecrow does more damage than Humungofrog.

Here are some things to consider:
- The school of the enemy. Death school spells perform very poorly against death school enemy without prisms.
- The specific enemy might have defence bonuses against your school.
- Your sister might be using HumongoFrog spell (265-325) or an amulet or TC which has increased damage (310-370)
- your sister might be tricking you by using traps, bonuses, etc. that you aren't considering. The sun school giant fist is a good example.

I suspect your sister has something equiped that you aren't considering. You can try a litte troubleshooting to narrow the possibilities. An easy test would be for you both to unequip everything and try your spells. Then equip one item at a time to see what pushes your sister's damage past your own. This would also let you determine if KI made a mistake with an item's bonus calculation and then you can inform them with the specific identified issue.
Hope this helps!

Survivor
Jul 31, 2010
RottenHeart on Oct 26, 2012 wrote:
As you are are both level 80 I think its safe to assume you are both quite familiar with the game and how spells work, why, etc. Your post is interesting as all things being equal Scarecrow does more damage than Humungofrog.

Here are some things to consider:
- The school of the enemy. Death school spells perform very poorly against death school enemy without prisms.
- The specific enemy might have defence bonuses against your school.
- Your sister might be using HumongoFrog spell (265-325) or an amulet or TC which has increased damage (310-370)
- your sister might be tricking you by using traps, bonuses, etc. that you aren't considering. The sun school giant fist is a good example.

I suspect your sister has something equiped that you aren't considering. You can try a litte troubleshooting to narrow the possibilities. An easy test would be for you both to unequip everything and try your spells. Then equip one item at a time to see what pushes your sister's damage past your own. This would also let you determine if KI made a mistake with an item's bonus calculation and then you can inform them with the specific identified issue.
Hope this helps!
We both use the same astral spells and have the same number of blades on. Statistically in our stats my damage is higher than hers, even my blades have a higher pecentage than hers but she hits higher. I was just wondering if it's a glitch. I understand that my spell is a drain spell and I get half health back from it but our numbers when we hit are so far off that I thought it had to be a glitch and no, it's not a death enemy and I'm not forgetting to use prisms.

Survivor
Jul 31, 2010
Monsoon Jo on Oct 26, 2012 wrote:
Humongofrog is a four-pip spell. Regardless of your damage stats, its not impossible if she puts out more blades than you did before attacking or if she has better critical than yours. Otherwise, i'm also interested what KI has to say about it because 400 base damage is low already for a 7 pip spell. I understand it not being overpowered damage wise because its a very effective drain spell, but we don't want it being robbed of more hit points because of a percentage glitch.
Not only is my damage higher hers but also, my critical is higher than hers. We use exactly the same amount of blades and my blades are also a higher pecentage and the same astral spells.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Are they Storm enemies?

If not she is pulling your leg about what shes using. i also have friends that have myth students and when im on death or they are the scarecrow hits higher so its not KI with the mistake, It has something to do with her stats or buffs she is using that you may not see or shes not telling you.