Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Nerf Ice.. Seriously

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 17, 2010
FusionSun on Aug 31, 2016 wrote:
I'm not sure what you are trying to say, but Ice's spells do too much damage and give too much utility at max level.

Abominable Weaver can do over 2500 base damage to an opponent in PVP, and it gives a -75% Tower Shield.

Although Lord of Winter is less common than Weaver in PVP, it too can do over 2500 damage, as well as remove 3 pips from an opponent.

Hopefully the schools get more balanced out when Mirage comes out.
Your right on the money! If Abominable Weaver doesn't hit hard enough itself, without placing a -75 tower shield on the ice wiz? Give me a storm spell that places a - 75 tower on me please! It won't happen. Dont take this game too seriously. Go outside and do things. Get off this computer! lol

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
AmberRavenSong7 on Aug 31, 2016 wrote:
You are kidding right? I have 2 storms and no Ice has ever been more powerful than either. At any level. Ice is the most underpowered school in the spiral. Those of them that aren't have worked very very hard on damage pets. Nerfing them even more because some of them have worked very hard to overcome their biggest weakness ( low damage) hardly seems fair. I am sure this will never happen, and it never should.
Amber
ice is the most underpowered lies and slander. low damage haa. They have the most balanced stats, op spells, best shadow pip spell, best gear even giving full resistance to some schools, and have high damage.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
wiz247511 on Sep 30, 2016 wrote:
I agree with you totally! Its a shame the way ice and balance dominate pvp now in one vs one. It ruins the game for a lot of us. I will not go with the flow, and make a ice, and or balance wiz. It's not worth it. I put so much time into my 3 wiz. Storm, Death, and Fire. These were some really good schools at one time when i started playing at level 60 cap. Ice and balance were so weak it was funny. Someone felt sorry for them no doubt. Remember this. Life is not fair at all. Why would you feel that this game would be fair? The game is still fun aside from pvp. Pvp has changed so much. Just go and watch some quick matches! You will see the same strategies over and over. All that matters when 2 players are equal is who goes first! lol
not that funny for ice for being weak "ice to carry always" jealous of storm/fire (people complain about ice wasn't useful enough in pvp by time "got better at pvp with immunity" before Avalon spell "more useful spam overtime damage (now it not) do 4v4 or 3v3 or 2v2 (facing life or myth or both.

if was me I was ice (I would have go to ice immunity first) stop the shift spell vs a myth wizard (good at pvp vs fire) if myth/life are second in the match against fire they can counter burning rampage.

I don't care about of game pvp being fair (don't agree not be fair against myth) since only school don't have healing spell (now myth have tower shield spell) now every time myth cast Athena battle sight (that will cast a tower shield).

beside pvp more worst more dangerous in pvp (mostly max players) so, might become more deadly to facing them so, might get more spell that much worst then shadow magicif max players do get new school in the Arcanum?

Survivor
Nov 21, 2010
In my honest and, I think, unbiased opinion, I believe that everyone, including KI, are trying to ignore the problem at hand. Most of the people who support the Ice school's recent stats and spells own an Ice themselves or do not PVP as much as others in this thread. FYI I own an Ice Warlord and a first generation Balance warlord

Now first of all, I do not think ya'll understand the concept of OP and Nerf. A school is OP and needs to be Nerfed not because of its highly resistance gear and over the roof health. It needs to be nerfed because other schools are not on par with it. I don't think Ice is OP nor Balance but I do think that Myth, Storm, and *Death are weak compared to Ice.
Yes. Yes, Yes, There are a bunch of Warlord Deaths who go up into the 2k-3k ranks, I know.
However, There's 12x times more Ices and Balanced in that same rank.
Excuses others use to ignore this problem and let it be because they refuse to accept it, "Oh that's just because you do not know how to play" or "Don't call for a school to be nerfed because you lost a match to them" You are Naive if you truly believe people come here to express their anger and disapproval of a school because of a lost in a computer game.
Make Myth, Storm and Death more compatible to today's PVP Age, because it is their weak sets that allow for Balance and Ice to dominate and be considered OP.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2010
MarissatheFT on Jun 30, 2016 wrote:
Don't call for a reconfiguration on a whole school over a teeny-weeny bad experience you had with them in a PvP duel. First, Ice was too weak, now it's overpowered? I don't think so.

Breaking it down, Ice in general is not at all stronger than Storm. Storm has the greatest amount of raw damage, whereas Ice--the weakest. It's a cold hard fact, pun intended. It all depends on gear combinations and statistics, not the school itself. Ice can be weak, it can be strong.

The entire game is about balance between the schools. Ice was given the most resistance and the greatest health along with the weakest damage so that it could fit in with everything else. Personally, I think it's about time that Ice became a bit stronger in attacks. But solely from experience, Ice is definitely not overpowered.

- Marissa
You are obviously have a ice wizard among the many wizards you have. I'm sure you like it being over powered in your favor. You don't have to be good at pvp to win using Ice. It's a no brainer school for sure! Your only challenge is balance school wizards. But you got them with your - 75 tower shield your weaver puts up. I wonder who thought of that? I think your health should be raised way way higher. It should be 15,000. Your resist should go up also across the board to at least 80 or 90. That way balance couldn't make it such a close match. Go head strut around in the game. lol.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2010
jUSTASKING on Oct 4, 2016 wrote:
In my honest and, I think, unbiased opinion, I believe that everyone, including KI, are trying to ignore the problem at hand. Most of the people who support the Ice school's recent stats and spells own an Ice themselves or do not PVP as much as others in this thread. FYI I own an Ice Warlord and a first generation Balance warlord

Now first of all, I do not think ya'll understand the concept of OP and Nerf. A school is OP and needs to be Nerfed not because of its highly resistance gear and over the roof health. It needs to be nerfed because other schools are not on par with it. I don't think Ice is OP nor Balance but I do think that Myth, Storm, and *Death are weak compared to Ice.
Yes. Yes, Yes, There are a bunch of Warlord Deaths who go up into the 2k-3k ranks, I know.
Excuses others use to ignore this problem and let it be because they refuse to accept it, "Oh that's just because you do not know how to play" or "Don't call for a school to be nerfed because you lost a match to them" You are Naive if you truly believe people come here to express their anger and disapproval of a school because of a lost in a computer game.
Make Myth, Storm and Death more compatible to today's PVP Age, because it is their weak sets that allow for Balance and Ice to dominate and be considered OP.
Now this is a very well written post explaining what is going in pvp. Yes pvp is not fair at all right now. Something should be done to help equal storm, myth, and death wizards. I would think nothing will be done, or at least, not for a long time. You have to understand it was no accident that ice, and balance became over powered. Now over powered mean a lot more than just how much damage a certain school can dish out. You have to factor in health, resist, and what certain spells do to limit what the opponent can do with his/her spells. You should get the idea of what i'm saying. Someone within the game made these changes for a reason. We will never be told why, because there was no " fair " reason to make Ice, and balance the 2 top pvp schools in the game. If you watch the live feeds that Ki has from time to time, you will see who controls the game. I would say players should try to watch these live feeds. Learn who controls the game. I watched them. Knowledge is power. :)

Survivor
Dec 17, 2010
frostednutella on Sep 2, 2016 wrote:
Snowball Barrage isn't strong enough.
Well that's the silliest spell in the game! it's not supposed to do much damage. it was made as a joke! lol

Survivor
Dec 17, 2010
Fred Frost on Sep 3, 2016 wrote:
Ice is doesnt need a nerf. They are doing well in the arena at the moment but far from overpowered. just like fire was before polaris came out when the next world comes out another school will probably take over. ice is about tanking. it has 62-64 resist with 90-95 damage where as the other schools have 110-115 damage 120 if you are a storm wizard and 50-55 resist to all. its balanced. for the people saying ice has 80 resist to balance and fire and ice thats because they are using a ward pet and any school can use this to their advantage in fact almost everyone 800 rank and above uses a ward pet and has 70 resist to ice fire and balance. i do agree that ward pets are over powered though but not the ice school its self as 64 resist to all schools can be cut through easy when every other school except ice has 40+ pierce. ice wizards can't even get 100 damage most have around 90-95. As for ice doing so much damage it still is the weakest school. weaver doesnt do as much as everyone is saying weaver does around 2200 at the most with an open shot unless you have blades on. but weaver doesnt even do that much when your 800+ rank because everyone has ice ward and balance ward on their pets. weaver does about 1600-1800 because of all the ice set resist. almost everyone at warlord has 70+ ice resist along with 70+ balance resist. ice can also be easily shielded against unlike balance. everyone has the -70% ice shields trained. ice is easier to beat if you are first then balance is. if ice wizards do have ward pets on their damage drops to 80-85 while balance can maintain 90-100 damage with a ward pet. but i do think ward pets are over powered.

just my 2 cents.
Again here comes a post by a Ice wizard saying Ice is not overpowered! of course you would say that. You know anyone can do well with a ice now, until they run into another ice wizard who actually knows how to play. I would like to see pvp be closed to anyone who is not ice or balance. Now that would be funny to see them pounding each other. lol.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2010
Eric Stormbringer on Sep 27, 2016 wrote:
You have failed to explain how Ice can be defeated easily with every single class. All you did was list a mostly incorrect evaluation of each school's relative strengths in PvP. There is a reason 50% of the leaderboard is Ice.
Well said Eric!

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
wiz247511 on Oct 7, 2016 wrote:
You are obviously have a ice wizard among the many wizards you have. I'm sure you like it being over powered in your favor. You don't have to be good at pvp to win using Ice. It's a no brainer school for sure! Your only challenge is balance school wizards. But you got them with your - 75 tower shield your weaver puts up. I wonder who thought of that? I think your health should be raised way way higher. It should be 15,000. Your resist should go up also across the board to at least 80 or 90. That way balance couldn't make it such a close match. Go head strut around in the game. lol.
If you are pvping, you need to know what to do or else you won't win. If it were that easy to win in pvp, more people would be doing it.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
wiz247511 on Oct 7, 2016 wrote:
storm way to strong (just glad there critical nerf) to much damage/armor pierce but doesn't any since to me because why does storm got there blade early not ice but storm spell are the strongest but why ice have wait for there blade until level 38 lowest damage got convert early? balance can get pass krokotopia and marleybone very easy by time judgement spell so, one shot every boss until dragonspyre to get loremaster (most people told me balance to weak not until they get loremaster)

everybody complain on every school who weaker or who overpowers

storm is overpower to much damage/critical/armor pierce (critical are nerf) not useful be critical noob but armor pierce still strong

ice is overpower to much resist/heath/sometime damage good at pvp but have weaver but doesn't what happen use myth mystery Amulet use Athena battle sight that tower shield too because I see fire using Myth Mastery Amulet and I see Death Use Ice Mastery Amulet) but ice doesn't use mastery but I do use immunity beat school that hate hard to defeat go with myth or school more attack!

fire is overpower more better spell then others mostly for overtime because complain about burning rampage but what about Aquila Hades Spell (would have use death mastery amulet) they have twice those!

myth not overpower I don't see nothing about myth being overpower maybe bad yaga minion wouldn't matter defeat to easy unless protect with tower

life overpower to much accuracy same for storm (never fizzle)

death not overpower (Might get better 4v4 because new enchanted of indemnity!

most people balance overpower because people complain about there super nova and mana burn then just loremaster (Kingsisle Did Said: Mana Burn Was Mistake Spell (glad won't able enchanted spell anymore) that much worst then loremaster more op then loremaster!

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
jUSTASKING on Oct 4, 2016 wrote:

death best school at drain to get heal back but don't have much of good spell pair to others school (people know how to defeat jade juju by waiting for them to run out reshuffle unless "stall & pass"

I like using death mastery on mine ice (all the time useful to use death spell like empower) remember empower spell (not able to critical) I can use death immunity take no doesn't (why would can about damage) damage lower for immunity

(I am good at pvp with immunity) use a spell others school never except to use for your school would be good for your school from others school!

don't use immunity in pvp all the time (only use just see how good people using shadow shrike) since to much spell "don't get a higher deck" so, low I like use all mine spells for most school don't enough slot for deck to fit everything "why use immunity" most people forget to in there shadow shrike (mostly use immunity just for fun not for trolling because immunity be useful anywhere else then just PVP clued new enchanted of indemnity/aegis least allot more easy for myth wizard to use indemnity because be more easy to use myth trap without wasting them, if they what to use earthquake (it would stay one)

Defender
Nov 24, 2012
After reading some of the posts here, I'm not surprised that most of the people here saying Ice is not OP are Ice wizards. They clearly don't want to be nerfed. And frankly, I'm not expecting anything to be done about this. I mean, for how long has this been going on and yet nothing has been done about it?

Just to point a few things out, a properly equipped max Ice can achieve the following stats:

Up to 8k health
Around 70% universal resist
90% damage
Over 30% pierce

KI refers Ice as "somewhat weaker when attacking." They're clearly not weak; something is obviously wrong.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Angel of Solitude on Nov 7, 2016 wrote:
After reading some of the posts here, I'm not surprised that most of the people here saying Ice is not OP are Ice wizards. They clearly don't want to be nerfed. And frankly, I'm not expecting anything to be done about this. I mean, for how long has this been going on and yet nothing has been done about it?

Just to point a few things out, a properly equipped max Ice can achieve the following stats:

Up to 8k health
Around 70% universal resist
90% damage
Over 30% pierce

KI refers Ice as "somewhat weaker when attacking." They're clearly not weak; something is obviously wrong.
I do not even do PVP and I love my Ice Wizard (and since most people have six wizards it's highly likely most people do have an Ice Wizard), I'd rather not have it "nerfed" because someone lost in a PVP round.

For what it's worth I get bested by other players all the time in teamups - people of my own and other schools, and people who are lower level. It is because I'm a newbie.

There is a skill to this game and some people are way more experienced than others or have a better knack for things. The lower level players that just outgun me often are on their sixth wizard or have been playing for years.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
frostednutella on Sep 2, 2016 wrote:
Snowball Barrage isn't strong enough.
it is strong enough most people don't understand per pips spell

spell cost like this:

85 ice damage per pips to all enemy
(someone enchanted say: use epic with +300) epic new enchanted spell max level 110 spell would say:

85 per pips +300 to all enemy

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
JustinFrostHunter on Nov 8, 2016 wrote:
it is strong enough most people don't understand per pips spell

spell cost like this:

85 ice damage per pips to all enemy
(someone enchanted say: use epic with +300) epic new enchanted spell max level 110 spell would say:

85 per pips +300 to all enemy
We already went over this. I believe that snowball barrage should be a bit stronger than tempest. If you actually read previous posts of me saying it should be stronger than tempest you would understand. Also, most people understand the per pip spells and you are making me seem like an imbecile.

Explorer
Jan 27, 2013
DevinSkullStone on Oct 1, 2016 wrote:
ice is the most underpowered lies and slander. low damage haa. They have the most balanced stats, op spells, best shadow pip spell, best gear even giving full resistance to some schools, and have high damage.
Most Balanced Stats?
Low Damage
Low Critical
Best Shadow Spell? What? Rusalka's, Gaze, Khrulhu. There are so many better ones.
None of the gear gives immunity to schools.
And By the way, any school can get immunity.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Merfolura on Nov 12, 2016 wrote:
Most Balanced Stats?
Low Damage
Low Critical
Best Shadow Spell? What? Rusalka's, Gaze, Khrulhu. There are so many better ones.
None of the gear gives immunity to schools.
And By the way, any school can get immunity.
Low Damage- They have 95%+ Damage Now
Low Critical- Who cares? Critical was super nerfed
Best Shadow Spell- Yes one of the best as Offensive/Defensive utility is at a premium now.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
zachery NS on Sep 2, 2016 wrote:
I have 3 max characters another on the way() the others are fire, death, and storm.
when it comes to pvp I am currently using my fire because its just so fun to play with.
And death even though I can't pvp atm due to the lack of pierce jewels I don't currently have.
storm I don't pvp on since its too hard in 1v1, although I have seen quite few STORM WARLORDS, in the end it is all about having fun and testing your limits against others which requires SKILL and EXPERIENCE.
so as you see you may have figured out why I have no ICE character, because looks just too easy which requires no experience or skill what so ever which means no fun at all for those who enjoy pvp for what It actually is.

I step into the arena to watch a match, see's a ice going against a balance, fire, life, myth and so on... and dominates match after match( not the same people) after match...

a max ice can have like a 7,300 hp, 90 DMG, 65 resist to all schools, 35 pierce! ooh don't let me forget the set pets bringing their resist up to 80% to which ever 3 schools they like() that's insane!!!

a ice can make acouple mistakes here and there and still win the match( from first, heck even from second)
now I do like all the ice spells I think it fits who they are such as frost bite and snow angel, being able to boost and hit so much damage while playing defensive at the same time. Not all schools can do that but have their own way of winning and staying alive in a match which is why and are the top tier schools in max lvl pvp and I think ice just can beat them both more likely against a ice or balance. but at the end it all depends on skill and strategy which is why I really don't care anymore because I have a balance on the way and a fire to slay.
because others people as for ice wizard been playing as for ice for years & years since wizard101 beta (might be more smarter school as being ice that know how to defeat others school very easy!

also others school mostly dumb most use Glacial Shield others then Thermic Shield because REASON why don't use double shield any school like ice or school with ice mastery amulet able to steal those shield!

Glacial Shield (Not Good Double Shield To Use Again Ice) Ice Shield Last (some protect again ice then Use Thermic Shield because Thermic Shield Fire Shield Is Last

Explorer
Feb 23, 2012
JustinFrostHunter on Nov 20, 2016 wrote:
because others people as for ice wizard been playing as for ice for years & years since wizard101 beta (might be more smarter school as being ice that know how to defeat others school very easy!

also others school mostly dumb most use Glacial Shield others then Thermic Shield because REASON why don't use double shield any school like ice or school with ice mastery amulet able to steal those shield!

Glacial Shield (Not Good Double Shield To Use Again Ice) Ice Shield Last (some protect again ice then Use Thermic Shield because Thermic Shield Fire Shield Is Last
um, excuse me? ICE is NOT SMART in PVP sir ( no offense)... last time i checked they don't have to do any work according to these stats.
80-90% DMG
35% Pierce
70-75% Universal Resist
OVER 7k HP
Able to reach the perfect block.

you can not look at this and tell me this is not what makes 80% of you you players win.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
wiz247511 on Sep 30, 2016 wrote:
I remember when ice actually got immunity to storm spells. Now that was something i thought would never happen. One school get immunity to another school. I didn't quite understand how ice crafted level 74 gear had 13 universal resist, and a extra 13 resist to storm and fire. Now that shows that someone favored ice school. Someone somewhere was tired of players crying about losing to fire, and storm wizards. Someone listened and took care of that. Wow! Just amazing. lol
because using there immunity pet (short for jade pets)

how resist work for jade on pets

15 *jewel resist*

if was me and new resist pet and wands a resist pet double resist with ice-proof & steal wards for ice (twice ice resist) plus jewel I would have a third one!

get I would use get more resist to ice and gear I would use:

hat: jade hood of mystery (level 100) 22 resist

robe: Insulated Armor (level 52) 30 resist ice

boots: rockstar kicks (level 100) 18 resist (1% stronger then jade boots) but damage for it

athames: heartsteel (level 5) 5 resist

amulet: morganthe amulet for ice it: gem of the grand prophecy (level 99) 3 more resist also more critical,more block and more armor pierce and more heath but except for storm lower defense!

rings (khrysails ring) for ice call: hopper ring of spine-chills (9 resist ice)

pets: 15 and 10 universe and 15 resist ice (ice proof & 15 resist to ice (steal ward for ice) one others random school like death 15 resist

how much resist I would have for ice as being ice:

I would have 142 resist to ice as for a ice (if had strong resist pet for ice)

I know allot about resist and how much resist it would take immune armor pierce

127 resist make you immune 15% of armor pierce and more armor pierce how much resist would take to immune 30 armor pierce?

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
frostednutella on Nov 9, 2016 wrote:
We already went over this. I believe that snowball barrage should be a bit stronger than tempest. If you actually read previous posts of me saying it should be stronger than tempest you would understand. Also, most people understand the per pip spells and you are making me seem like an imbecile.
I solo mirage with snowball barrage without malistaire gear with more increase shadow pips (was a piece of cake for me) not even shield would stop mine snowball barrage even KI did add absorb to block mine prims (doesn't take long 2 shadow pips) increase your shadow pips (shadow pips go nuts) while setting up for blades :)

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
JustinFrostHunter on Nov 21, 2016 wrote:
I solo mirage with snowball barrage without malistaire gear with more increase shadow pips (was a piece of cake for me) not even shield would stop mine snowball barrage even KI did add absorb to block mine prims (doesn't take long 2 shadow pips) increase your shadow pips (shadow pips go nuts) while setting up for blades :)
I wouldn't bring Mirage into this conversation because it has yet to be actually released onto the live realm. It isn't finished and therefore could possibly be buffed. That actually has nothing to do with what I said before.

Survivor
May 14, 2016
lol im new to reading the forums but i do play wizard 101 alot and i have a lvl 52 death wizard lol and after reading this and looking up different armor and equipment stats it does seem that ice is really powerful but i also think that if somebody is upst about it and thinks its unfair then why not take advantage of the op iceness ad make your own op ice wizard and also i wanna see a really good battle against 2 op pro ice wizards that would be cool , lol get the pun that would be "cool" lol

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
frostednutella on Nov 22, 2016 wrote:
I wouldn't bring Mirage into this conversation because it has yet to be actually released onto the live realm. It isn't finished and therefore could possibly be buffed. That actually has nothing to do with what I said before.
only one week left of mirage in test realms

and never stop complain about everything because complain about everything and reason why made mirage difficult world because kingsisle sick of complain about everything, mirage wouldn't be difficult, people complain about Polaris be to easy,

I think Polaris was hard for people don't have malistaire gear and others people with malistaire able get pass harder boss mostly mirage even has 2 school boss but still be able pass final battle because people with malistaire gear as shadow magic!

they just block any spell with shadow magic damage from one of the others school!

I have to bring up mirage into this conversation beside more thing I can bring up that ice can do something better then defensing then what others school can do but others can not do, ice can do better, I will dare to do.