Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I've got a couple of Questions

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 30, 2011
So I have a couple of questions that I want to throw out there. Question 1: At what level do you start learning Shadow Magic? I was told on the message boards that it was level 91. But someone told me yesterday that it was level 100. So which one is it.
Question 2: I made a post a while back on Dec 18, 2014 about it. Saying that I couldn't do battles on my own for some reason. And the gear that I had one was wrong for me. Since it was mostly ice gear and I'm a Myth. I just tried to look at the myth gear near my level and nothing seem to be as high as the gear that I have on now. But once I reach over 100..then they do. But I am not at those levels yet. I just wish I knew what gear I can buy or get so I can be all set.

Thanks

Explorer
Mar 01, 2014
As far as the learning of shadow magic doesn't depend on lvl. you learn it when u get to a certain quest in khrysalis (i don't remember quest).

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
PixiePrincess26,

Shadow Magic is learned via a quest in Khrysalis so there is probably some variation in the actual level that you learn your first shadow spell.

I'm not entirely sure I understand your second question, but the gear you want kind of depends on what stats you are looking for. As a general rule of thumb the major dungeons have pretty good gear. (Such as Waterworks for level 60 and Darkmoore for Level 100 among other dungeons). I don't know your level but the new Skeleton key bosses also drop really great gear for their appropriate levels. Just do a little research online if you need too! Good luck!

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
PixiePrincess26 on May 17, 2016 wrote:
So I have a couple of questions that I want to throw out there. Question 1: At what level do you start learning Shadow Magic? I was told on the message boards that it was level 91. But someone told me yesterday that it was level 100. So which one is it.
Question 2: I made a post a while back on Dec 18, 2014 about it. Saying that I couldn't do battles on my own for some reason. And the gear that I had one was wrong for me. Since it was mostly ice gear and I'm a Myth. I just tried to look at the myth gear near my level and nothing seem to be as high as the gear that I have on now. But once I reach over 100..then they do. But I am not at those levels yet. I just wish I knew what gear I can buy or get so I can be all set.

Thanks
1. Neither. A prerequisite for getting Shadow Magic is level 92. However, when you actually receive the first spells, you will probably be a higher level.

2. What is your level? I can help you better from that information.

Best of luck!
S.S.

Delver
Dec 15, 2009
You must be at least level 92 (I believe) to learn shadow magic. You don't learn shadow magic from leveling up -- you learn it from an NPC around the 90s levels.

Gear is really hard to find on hte 80s-90s levels. Because no one really likes to sell the gear and therefor you can't get them at the bazaar. You will have to do a little farming on some bosses. Once you hit level 100, the bazaar is filled with them and Darkmoor is opened up to really amazing gear.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
PixiePrincess26 on May 17, 2016 wrote:

Thanks
1. Shadow magic starts after you complete the Eclipse Tower in Khrysalis, not at set level. You'll most likely be at least in the mid-90's even if you skip side quests. Level 100 is needed to access Darkmoor where you learn the mixed shadow attack spells.

2. Not sure what level you are at, but crafted gear after level 56 is some of the best available for any school until Waterworks, Hades and Darkmoor gear. Right now Darkmoor gear is the best at level 100+

Explorer
Jul 30, 2011
I am a level 78 to answer some of your questions