Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Petition to decrease the limitations on Text Chat

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 04, 2014
Hi,

This is basically an idea that would allow Text Chat users to use capital letters ranging from just capitalizing one letter to maybe even writing an entire sentence in caps.

While Wizard101 is a very family-friendly bent game, the idea of allowing text chat users to use capital letters would not tarnish that reputation in any way whatsoever, people use capital letters everywhere, it's something we can't go a day without using.

My two main points towards allowing capital letters are:

Capital letters are a great method of expressing your opinions, when you're angry, excited, or just overall happy, capital letters can be used to express that.

You need to be 18+ to use Open Chat, which allows you to use capital letters and more, now I know this doesn't just apply to me,but it may apply to you as well, as a vast majority of people with Text Chat are ranging from the ages of 14-17, and by this age some, or even most of us, might have gotten used to using grammar, even up to the point where we use it in games, not giving us the option to use caps takes away that grammar-like feel that some of us have gotten extremely used to.

On to the next and final idea, allowing Text Chat users to say and use the following more than once in a sentence repeatedly (Okay.......) (Good idea!!!) (What???):
Exclamation points (!)
Periods (.)
Question Marks (?)

If you're text chat you know what I mean, for example, if someone walks up to you in the commons and says your name, wouldn't it be much easier and faster to just respond with "?" instead of "..?" or "yes?" yeah?"

These additions to text chat would definitely be a great improvement and like I said before, would not tarnish Wizard101's reputation of being a family-friendly game and environment in any way whatsoever.

I hope you ponder upon this and please leave feedback on what your thoughts are on this subject, if you agree, if you could please just reply with "Signed" so that Kingsisle can see how many people would actually support this to be implemented into the game it would be greatly appreciated!

Defender
Nov 25, 2015
Similar to that it is somewhat limited to use words in text chat.I do have text chat and nowadays people are using faces to express their feelings if you know what I mean.But shouldn't there be a way where you could talk more words that are appropriate?

Survivor
Feb 19, 2010
The one problem I see with your idea is that it would allow an easier foul language filter bypass. I for one have grand children that play this game and I don't want it to be any easier for the "unruly" to bypass the language filters than it already is.

Just hang around the commons and you'll see what I mean about the already creative ways of bypassing the filters.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
I don't think the strict limits are always about profanity, James. I believe the way text chat works is that every single word is hand-selected and approved, so to speak, and anything that the staff just happened to not think of is automatically blacklisted, whether it's really a bad word (or close to a bad word) or not. I think there used to be a thread around somewhere where people could suggest words to add to the text chat dictionary. I wish I knew what happened to it (provided it actually existed and I'm not just imagining it lol). But I know for sure that you can email KI with whatever suggestions you have and they're more than happy to consider it. I've done that a few times.