Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 2-26-16

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 02, 2013
Maybe you could add something that predicts your damage based on the blades and traps you have up. Just an idea

Survivor
Nov 20, 2015
Uhm, perhaps new spells for higher levels, in general? Once we reach level 42, we can't train any 7 school magic anymore. We get Astral, which is a good, and Shadow, which is okay. But I think that perhaps instead of adding yet another school of magic, you could go back to 7 schools of magic. Teaching new sets of spells at the Arcanum. Think about it? Ignus Ferric teaches you something like maybe, River of Lava! Or Magma Hawk(the distant relative of the Sun Bird)!

Zander could teach more healings, like maybe Guiding Seraph, which the Seraph helps you. Or perhaps attacking versions of heals, so maybe an angry Satyr? A furious Pixie and Fairy? It'd be neat.

Also, if Astral isn't Light Magic, basically. Then shouldn't there eventually be a Light Magic school to counter Shadow Magic? Or is Shadow Magic not really Shadow, but just true essence? Go Magic!

Oh, and maybe something like Morganthe Gems thing where the Hit all enemies does it at the same time. Maybe Meteor Strike does that now, or Tempest? Or Sirens...why would Meteors and Tempests and Sirens just hit one at a time? :P

Survivor
Jul 13, 2014
Hey, an actual good question to give feedback on! I'd love to be able to tell the difference between blades and traps.
It's honestly a hassle to keep track of if I put on sharpened blades, regular blades, item card blades or potent traps, regular traps, item card traps. There needs to be some way to differentiate between them in combat.

Explorer
Aug 25, 2013
Helenie Nightseer on Feb 27, 2016 wrote:
Can we ask for less information? Not in the battles but in the gardens.

I wish we had a toggle switch in our book (the pages to turn off names etc.) that turned off garden animations. So we could do our gardens and see the needed spells but the plants weren't flailing everywhere and the bugs weren't swarming.

When I do my gardens often the animations are so ... animated - they freeze or slow the progress so much that I have to click and wait several times to just back out of the garden to choose a spell then step in to aim and cast. (I use a flower in the center to aim on.) Often I have had to x out the game - I can't even get out through my book or port.

Fickle Pickles, Deadly Helephant Ears and Evil Magma Peas are the worst. But I don't know which other gardens may have this trouble too. The animations on a full garden bed of these plants is just too much information/data I think. But I wouldn't want it permanent because I love the animations ... just some of my gardens can't take it.
I know this is off topic, but I agree with this request completely.

I run 150 evil magma peas at many of my houses. The lag and screen freeze can be horrible when attempting to sort their needs out.

I usually keep 100 at each house at elder and just work 2 5x5 plots on a regular basis to keep the snacks and reagents flowing. Maybe once they get to elder we could freeze them? I tried second spring, but that doesn't help with the animation lag.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
average moe on Feb 27, 2016 wrote:
There should be something for each combatant that you can hover your mouse over, and it shows a complete list of all hanging effects. How much each blade boosts, how much each sheild protects for, how much damage each DOT thingy does and how many rounds they have left on them. And everything else that fits that sort of criteria.
I hope this is possible! It would be so easy for us. I'd also still like that extra chat box for in battle only - because it would be faster if you were paying attention. But both would be helpful. And coding wise it might be easier to give us the hover list than to make all the traps, blades and shields look different.

I also forgot, it's true sometimes its hard to tell which bubble or ring someone has up.

Delver
May 12, 2012
All over the message boards lately, I have seen wizards wanting (including me) a way to tell say a 45% from a 35% blade. It causes stress trying to figure out what you have used and what you haven't. Maybe just a little symbol next to it or a different look that you can tell apart. Even a bit of a different color shade would work. But, make it easy to tell. I don't want to spend a whole round looking at it. It should be a 5-15 second realization.

Professor Falmea, please take this idea into consideration. I think this is something KI can make possible.

~ Allison Dragongem Level 88 Wizard

Defender
Feb 22, 2016
Do star spells overwrite each other?

Shadow spells, any chance you could explicitly notify the player of their likes and dislikes?

Can you enchant a card that's already enchanted? For example, give it an accuracy AND damage boost?

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Needed - a visual difference between cards from pets and cards from gear. Please.

Wanted - a dialog box we could toggle on/off that would show what blades, traps, etc are on a player or creature we mouse over - in the order they were cast.

Thanks!

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
Players need a choice of running solo or with other players. The number of active sigils should determine the amount of minions in the encounter. The amount of mobs should never be a static 4. I have had those fights and they are not normal and not fair. Certain schools are at a deep disadvantage when fighting a full set solo. Balance screams to mind. There is one fight in particular on the world before Polaris where the player must get the summoning horn for the Great Beast and it is guarded by a Balance boss and three balance mobs; 4 on 1.

The Balance school has no converts and must rely on the element or spirit damage single target spells they have available. The mobs hit every hard in that instance and even with another player who was fire that fight was beyond hard.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Swven on Feb 28, 2016 wrote:
I know this is off topic, but I agree with this request completely.

I run 150 evil magma peas at many of my houses. The lag and screen freeze can be horrible when attempting to sort their needs out.

I usually keep 100 at each house at elder and just work 2 5x5 plots on a regular basis to keep the snacks and reagents flowing. Maybe once they get to elder we could freeze them? I tried second spring, but that doesn't help with the animation lag.
To be clear - this is also a problem if you are doing a single layer (not stacked) 36 plant garden.

Having pets running around makes it worse - but I've tried picking them all up and it still lags really bad. I think it's the bugs and the plant movements. I think about 61 fickle pickles fit in one circle - and they are much less animated than peas or elephants and it's really bad for fickle pickles so idk for sure.

Just wanted to point out it's not because of stacking is all.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Timotayo1228 on Feb 27, 2016 wrote:
Maybe you could add something that predicts your damage based on the blades and traps you have up. Just an idea
This would be enormously helpful for people like me who just don't have the head for math that it takes to:

A) understand how in the world the damage is calculated
B) how the different combinations of layering have affected a given spell (It boggles my mind, but my sister can do this in her HEAD!!!)
C) don't actually know what has been put on a given foe (in team situations or irl distracting you.)

It would also (because of the above problems) make battles a lot faster. I can't count the number of times I needed a certain amount of damage on a foe and when I finally hit it's 3-10+ times more. That's a lot of wasted rounds.

If you add this feature you may need to have a new level of PVP between practice and the real thing. I think a lot of people will not want the feature in PVP at all because part of the skill & strategy of superior players is in those skills I listed above but an intermediate level that used the feature and an expert level that didn't would be fair. If there are any adjustments to PVP rewards, requirements or rules KI has been wanting to make - this would be a good opportunity.
We'd need a lesson on how our own damage boosts from level, gargantuan charms, gear, bubble spells, ring spells & pet interact with those blades & traps but then we'd know part of that as if it was our "base" and we could just add in the numbers for the bubble or ring.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
something else I'd like to see, is an toggle option to HIDE any blades, and also traps (as separate options) that dont effect spells I have loaded in my deck (including item card that are active, and tc actually loaded in). For example, on my myth wizard, who has life mastery, who has "unloaded" all but my wand and blade item spells, and who does NOT carry any 2nd school spells beyond reshuffle, if I cast a spirit blade, I do NOT want to see the death and life blades. The ONLY blade I wanna see, would be the myth blade, but ONLY if there is the original way to differentiate blades stacked, otherwise, this idea is a complete disaster and would do more harm then good. Hope that makes sense to people.

Defender
Feb 22, 2016
dayerider on Mar 2, 2016 wrote:
something else I'd like to see, is an toggle option to HIDE any blades, and also traps (as separate options) that dont effect spells I have loaded in my deck (including item card that are active, and tc actually loaded in). For example, on my myth wizard, who has life mastery, who has "unloaded" all but my wand and blade item spells, and who does NOT carry any 2nd school spells beyond reshuffle, if I cast a spirit blade, I do NOT want to see the death and life blades. The ONLY blade I wanna see, would be the myth blade, but ONLY if there is the original way to differentiate blades stacked, otherwise, this idea is a complete disaster and would do more harm then good. Hope that makes sense to people.
Yeah the Balance blades and traps can get kinda cluttered.
I say unless you have a damage spell in your deck that would trigger the blade or trap, it doesn't need to show.

In the case of traps though, if someone else in the battle has a spell that can trigger the trap, it should be displayed.

Nevermind blades when it comes to your teammates, because they can't use your blades.

Basically unless you're in a situation where at some point you or your teammate may actually be able to make use of it, there's no need for it to even show

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Uncle Sweeney on Mar 3, 2016 wrote:
Yeah the Balance blades and traps can get kinda cluttered.
I say unless you have a damage spell in your deck that would trigger the blade or trap, it doesn't need to show.

In the case of traps though, if someone else in the battle has a spell that can trigger the trap, it should be displayed.

Nevermind blades when it comes to your teammates, because they can't use your blades.

Basically unless you're in a situation where at some point you or your teammate may actually be able to make use of it, there's no need for it to even show
Balance and death both share graphics. Hex/feint/curse, as well as balanceblade/dragonblade/dark pact all look the same, so it's not JUST balance.

As for traps, if an ice trap effects YOU, then YOU should be able to see it. if Im life, and dont use any ice spells, I should be able to remove that from MY sight, Just because I cant use it doesnt mean you cant, but just because you can use it doesnt mean it's helpful to me. Each player can control their own options of what they, and ONLY they see. If I shut off friend requests, does that stop you from getting them? That's the kind of thing Im talking about.

This would certainly lessen the graphical load, especially in some fights. If a monster has a blade on, THAT should be displayed, and if they have a trap on ME, that they, or their fighting buddy can use, that should show too. Im talking about removing those things from sight that can not be impacted during the fight. If a Life minion casts a brilliant light on a death monster, who cant even use it according to the spels it knows, show the casting, show the "blade" go up, then hide it from sight because it doesnt matter and is totally irrelevant to the fight.

Let's have a much cleaner, and more useful, interface during fights

Defender
Feb 22, 2016
dayerider on Mar 3, 2016 wrote:
Balance and death both share graphics. Hex/feint/curse, as well as balanceblade/dragonblade/dark pact all look the same, so it's not JUST balance.

As for traps, if an ice trap effects YOU, then YOU should be able to see it. if Im life, and dont use any ice spells, I should be able to remove that from MY sight, Just because I cant use it doesnt mean you cant, but just because you can use it doesnt mean it's helpful to me. Each player can control their own options of what they, and ONLY they see. If I shut off friend requests, does that stop you from getting them? That's the kind of thing Im talking about.

This would certainly lessen the graphical load, especially in some fights. If a monster has a blade on, THAT should be displayed, and if they have a trap on ME, that they, or their fighting buddy can use, that should show too. Im talking about removing those things from sight that can not be impacted during the fight. If a Life minion casts a brilliant light on a death monster, who cant even use it according to the spels it knows, show the casting, show the "blade" go up, then hide it from sight because it doesnt matter and is totally irrelevant to the fight.

Let's have a much cleaner, and more useful, interface during fights
Oh, yes, yes, pardon me, when I said balance blades and traps, I was referring to the elemental and spiritual blades and traps.

I didn't consider how I'd be misinterpreted but yeah, the curse/hex/balance blade etc. spells can be triggered by any damage spell.

Like I said "In the case of traps though, if someone else in the battle has a spell that can trigger the trap, it should be displayed."

So if I have an icetrap on me and nobody else in the battle has an ice damage spell, or if I use an elemental trap and I can only trigger, for example, storm? Should the other traps and such be displayed if they aren't going to come into play?

Meanwhile if there's someone else in the battle who can trigger it (even on the opposing team, since you could use bequile and get lucky) then yeah, probably should be displayed?
but what if the player doesn't have beguile?

I don't know...anyway, you're right, should definitely be a toggle.
Toggles are always better. Giving the players the choice of whether or not is always better.

(I am such a scatterbrain...)

Meh, basically I was just agreeing with ya anyway.

Administrator
These are great ideas, Wizards! I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with some of the updates we're planning in the future, and we have even more ideas to consider now. A new Feedback Friday on it's way shortly!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea