Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Learning Spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 27, 2009
I find it annoying when I never felt the need to get a spell from one school, and you have to get the spells before the spell you really want. I am level 46 now, and I have all fire and death spells. I went to go learn some balance spells and I have to get every spell before I get to the good spells, like hydra. I have the training point and I am a high enough level. So why can't I get hydra? I don't have the time to do every single training point quest!

Explorer
Dec 12, 2015
Tyler Skyspear on Jan 25, 2016 wrote:
I find it annoying when I never felt the need to get a spell from one school, and you have to get the spells before the spell you really want. I am level 46 now, and I have all fire and death spells. I went to go learn some balance spells and I have to get every spell before I get to the good spells, like hydra. I have the training point and I am a high enough level. So why can't I get hydra? I don't have the time to do every single training point quest!
It's the process of learning spell after spell along the way as referencing a concept that you can't just learn a powerful spell without learning the basics of that powerful spell. Same with Morganthe, she only knows a fraction of her death spells since she didn't have the attitude to learn all her spells that lead to her downfall, meaning she didn't learn her important spells.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Tyler Skyspear on Jan 25, 2016 wrote:
Sorry, you don't get to pick and choose the spells you want even if they're in your own school. You have to learn them sequentially. If they're in a school other than your own you still have to go through the "learning process". Would you go to college and take Advanced Quantum Physics before taking the Physics course? No you wouldn't... in fact you can't... because the Physics course is a prerequisite for the advanced course. The same principal applies.
Also, I'll offer some advice... I wouldn't go wasting those training points on off-school attack spells. Save them for Sun and Star spells and other boosters. You'll get a lot more bang for your buck by boosting your own spells than you will casting off school spells that won't take advantage of your inherent boosts. As far as wasting time on the training point quests... it'll be the best investment of time you can ever make. Training points are valuable assets and there will come a time when you wish you had some.
Save your points and use TCs for off-school stuff other than traps, feints and shields.