Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What are the best school pairings?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 10, 2010
I want to do a game playthrough with my friend and am curious what you guys think the best school pairings are.

Preferably something without Myth or Balance.

Alexandria SkyStrider

Delver
Aug 31, 2012
It would definitely be storm and life from my questing experiences.

Explorer
Dec 25, 2009
PvE Pairings

Ice and Life, Death
Fire and Life, Ice
Storm with Life, Ice, Death
Balance with Ice, Death, Myth
Myth with Ice, Life
Life with Death, Ice
Death with Ice

Don't train all the spells in the secondary school, only up to the spell you need.

For example, train Ice for Tower Shield, Life for Satyr, and Death for Feint. Don't train the entire school, that is a waste of training points. Higher levels almost never use their secondary offensively. For balance, training up to Humongofrog for the minion killing only!

Additional School Pairings: Myth (up to Earthquake), Balance (for Weakness), and Fire (for Fire Elf)

Survivor
Nov 10, 2010
John Hawkward on Dec 6, 2015 wrote:
PvE Pairings

Ice and Life, Death
Fire and Life, Ice
Storm with Life, Ice, Death
Balance with Ice, Death, Myth
Myth with Ice, Life
Life with Death, Ice
Death with Ice

Don't train all the spells in the secondary school, only up to the spell you need.

For example, train Ice for Tower Shield, Life for Satyr, and Death for Feint. Don't train the entire school, that is a waste of training points. Higher levels almost never use their secondary offensively. For balance, training up to Humongofrog for the minion killing only!

Additional School Pairings: Myth (up to Earthquake), Balance (for Weakness), and Fire (for Fire Elf)
I hate to tell you this, but I'm talking about pairings with friends, not secondary schools :(

Survivor
Jun 07, 2013
Well my friend and I did a death and ice walk through, (I was ice, my friend is death) and it worked out well and we just beat Malistare. I think it's a good pair

Survivor
Dec 15, 2013
well and is a great team, and im not just saying it cause im ice lol. and is a pretty good team too

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
a few friends and I did life/death previously, and one friend who goes with me currently is running a storm with my myth. A good team up of schools is one where you can fill in for their deficiencies and them you.