Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance underpowered earlier, or doing it wrong?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 10, 2010
Hello, fellow wizards! I recently started a Balance wizard, and am currently level 24 (Adept Sorcerer). Right now, I am nearing the end of Marleybone. Throughout Marleybone, I have been having a bit of trouble. I am not so keen on wasting my gold on buying a ton of Monstrous cards, so my Balance seems a little bit... underpowered. Is there something that I am doing wrong? Death is my secondary, if that makes a difference.

Thanks for the help!

Aaron Unicorn
Alexandria StarRider
Vanessa RainCloud

Defender
Sep 05, 2010
Do you have judgement yet? That's personally my favorite balance spell.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
No one can know if there's something you're doing wrong if you don't tell us what you usually do. Balance isn't very strong in the early parts of the game, especially before you have Spectral Blast and Judgement. The fact that you're only level 24 when you're almost done with Marleybone probably contributes to making the game more difficult as well. Make sure you have the best gear you can find in the Bazaar for your level. Also, a word of advice: don't get any more Death spells after Feint, since that spell (and later maybe Doom and Gloom, but that's really situational) is really the only reason for other schools to train Death.

Explorer
Feb 19, 2012
hi ,level 24 and your almost done with marleybone? personally I think your way under leveled but then again I do all quests except zekes. but even stll on my fire I didn't reach krok till lvl 22 lol I think you should do some more quests you may have even missed some story line ones as well if I were you id go back and do some checking... I think nearing the end of marley bone you should be high level 30 low level 40 then I think you will do ok I have a balance that's lvl 75 and was lvl 48 when I finished mb and I soloed it except for key to celestia tower and big ben of course hope I helped

sincerely,
liam stormbrand exalted exalted transcendant and nooblvl29

ALL REPRESENTING "TEAM BRING IT"

Survivor
Jun 19, 2011
jspeed1 on Nov 17, 2015 wrote:
hi ,level 24 and your almost done with marleybone? personally I think your way under leveled but then again I do all quests except zekes. but even stll on my fire I didn't reach krok till lvl 22 lol I think you should do some more quests you may have even missed some story line ones as well if I were you id go back and do some checking... I think nearing the end of marley bone you should be high level 30 low level 40 then I think you will do ok I have a balance that's lvl 75 and was lvl 48 when I finished mb and I soloed it except for key to celestia tower and big ben of course hope I helped

sincerely,
liam stormbrand exalted exalted transcendant and nooblvl29

ALL REPRESENTING "TEAM BRING IT"
Yes, I would agree you are slightly underleveled, though not nearly as much as this post suggests. I'd say you should be 28-30 near the end of Marleybone. Did you do Crab Alley or Colossus Boulevard back in Wizard City? These give great xp boosts when you are low level, and it recommend you do them before starting Krok.

My main wizard (now exalted) is also Balance, and I didn't really seem to have the trouble you are having when I soloed (despite not having access to monstrous tc at all), even once I reached the higher level worlds where I still soloed most of the time (excluding dungeons and cheating bosses).

As another user already mentioned, it is best to not train past Feint in Death. Until you get Feint, I would recommend not using any Death spells at all, because without Death mastery it's not worth waiting longer for the extra pips or wasting power pips.

Balance actually has a big advantage in lower levels, due to getting Sandstorm at only level 16, which is much earlier than any other school gets an aoe. The best strategy is to blade yourself, then trap both enemies, and use Sandstorm, which if I remember correctly should kill most mobs in Marleybone in one hit, without needing to go through a drawn out battle. For bosses, use this to get rid of the minion first, then deal with leftover damage against the boss. Don't forget to make sure you have good gear. I'd go for health, damage, and universal resist gear. If you do that, you shouldn't have much trouble.

Explorer
Feb 19, 2012
Nora T on Nov 17, 2015 wrote:
Yes, I would agree you are slightly underleveled, though not nearly as much as this post suggests. I'd say you should be 28-30 near the end of Marleybone. Did you do Crab Alley or Colossus Boulevard back in Wizard City? These give great xp boosts when you are low level, and it recommend you do them before starting Krok.

My main wizard (now exalted) is also Balance, and I didn't really seem to have the trouble you are having when I soloed (despite not having access to monstrous tc at all), even once I reached the higher level worlds where I still soloed most of the time (excluding dungeons and cheating bosses).

As another user already mentioned, it is best to not train past Feint in Death. Until you get Feint, I would recommend not using any Death spells at all, because without Death mastery it's not worth waiting longer for the extra pips or wasting power pips.

Balance actually has a big advantage in lower levels, due to getting Sandstorm at only level 16, which is much earlier than any other school gets an aoe. The best strategy is to blade yourself, then trap both enemies, and use Sandstorm, which if I remember correctly should kill most mobs in Marleybone in one hit, without needing to go through a drawn out battle. For bosses, use this to get rid of the minion first, then deal with leftover damage against the boss. Don't forget to make sure you have good gear. I'd go for health, damage, and universal resist gear. If you do that, you shouldn't have much trouble.
lol thanx for your input but I don't think I am off by any means and if ya read my post I did sayt I do all quests and maybe you don't and maybe this person don't but yea lol as mush as my op stated hes under leveled thanx tho :) lol

liam stormbrand
TEAM BRING IT