Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Halloween fish

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 25, 2013
Hello wizards I need help finding the Halloween fish. Will a kind wizard please tell me where to find the Halloween fish
world/area, what elemeant it is (I'm guessing death.) and what rank it is? And I've been wondering what the rarest fish is?

Benjerman Shadow Coin lvl 33
Another Ben. *2

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
There should be 3 Halloween fish if all of the ones from last year came back.

Frankenfish is a Storm fish in Unicorn Way. Rank 1.

Black Catfish is a death fish in The Commons. Rank 1.

Vampire Squid is a Death fish found in the big pond in Cyclops Lane, and in the right pond (when you walk in) in the Entrance Hall in Krokotopia. Rank 2.

Survivor
May 25, 2013
Thank you High Five Ghost for telling me I wish you good luck in your fishing career.
P.S. could a kind wizard please tell me what is the rarest fish?

another Ben *2
another Ben lvl 5

Survivor
Apr 30, 2009
I have no idea but I only had a difficult time with two of them. I had trouble with the Black Catfish because of its low spawn rate and the Vampire Squid.

I think that the Vampire Squid may be the hardest. It took me DAYS just to catch one even using the rank 3 death lure.

Good luck and Happy fishing!

Stephanie DarkRiver Level 63

Wizard101 Legacy

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Benjermin shadowco... on Oct 13, 2015 wrote:
Thank you High Five Ghost for telling me I wish you good luck in your fishing career.
P.S. could a kind wizard please tell me what is the rarest fish?

another Ben *2
another Ben lvl 5
Ahh there is no "rarest" fish, but there are a couple little tricky ones :P, these being the epic fish (Google epic fish guide) or you could say the seasonal fish are rare as they only show up ONCE a year, and Rainbow Trout is also kinda rare as Walmart is REALLY bad at stocking up on Wizard101 bundles.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Rebel Gaming on Oct 14, 2015 wrote:
I have no idea but I only had a difficult time with two of them. I had trouble with the Black Catfish because of its low spawn rate and the Vampire Squid.

I think that the Vampire Squid may be the hardest. It took me DAYS just to catch one even using the rank 3 death lure.

Good luck and Happy fishing!

Stephanie DarkRiver Level 63

Wizard101 Legacy
My recommendation for the Vampire Squid is to fish the Entrance Hall instead of Cyclops Lane. Because it'll be the only Death fish in the right pond, you'll know when it's there without catching dozens of Cuddlefish or Deathacudas.

It can still cost you a fair amount of energy resetting the pond when the fish isn't there, but it's a huge time saver.

For rare fish... I guess it depends on your definition of rare. Some are hard to find because of low spawn rates, but I have caught at least one of all 123 species with all 12 of my wizards. The one that took the longest to catch with all 12 was probably Errol Flynn. But there were others that were very tricky to find as well. Goldfin-ger for example... the Purple Grunion proved to be particularly elusive as well.

Explorer
Aug 24, 2015
After reading this thread, I started fishing The Entrance Hall location. I found that when I did the Summon Fish spell followed by the Winnow Death Fish spell, I got an empty Right pool and one to four fish in the Left pool. After several days and several repeats of this process I finally caught the Vampire Fish in the Left pool. Yes, I also caught a great many Deathacuta, Bearded Trout, and treasure chests. But Both pools were affected by the Summon and Winnow Spells.
With only a few days left for this fish, I added an Elixir as well as a ring with a plus 2 fishing jewel.
Hopefully my experience is that of one of the more unlucky fisher persons.
(too bad there is not a fish emoticon)