Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crafting Bubble

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 19, 2009
Hey everyone I have yet another idea for the game... For crafter's out there I think this would be a wonderful idea. How about when your crafting a Item you can keep the recipe in a folded menu or In like a small Bubble while you work on getting the reagents needed? All you do is click the bubble and it pops up the recipe and what you still need to finish the item. You can then close the bubble or when you crafted the item the bubble goes away. I personally hate going back into all my recipes just to check an double check what things I need and what things I am missing I think this would be a wonderful addition. What do you all think?

Delver
Jan 30, 2015
Maycast on Sep 26, 2015 wrote:
Hey everyone I have yet another idea for the game... For crafter's out there I think this would be a wonderful idea. How about when your crafting a Item you can keep the recipe in a folded menu or In like a small Bubble while you work on getting the reagents needed? All you do is click the bubble and it pops up the recipe and what you still need to finish the item. You can then close the bubble or when you crafted the item the bubble goes away. I personally hate going back into all my recipes just to check an double check what things I need and what things I am missing I think this would be a wonderful addition. What do you all think?
I really like this idea. At one point, I had several recipes I was working on and this would have made keeping organized which reagents I needed for which a lot easier.
Nice job!

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Yes please. Quality of life changes are always good.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I don't really see the need for it. We don't need 1-click shortcuts for everything. If I'm working on a deck recipe for example, hit J, click decks icon, highlight the deck. It literally takes a couple seconds.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
seethe42 on Sep 28, 2015 wrote:
I don't really see the need for it. We don't need 1-click shortcuts for everything. If I'm working on a deck recipe for example, hit J, click decks icon, highlight the deck. It literally takes a couple seconds.
Maybe you don't need it, but someone else might not find the recipe as quickly due to a variety of possible reasons (having a lot of recipes of the same type, dyslexia, brainfart, etc etc). There aren't any very relevant downsides to adding this.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
lewski on Sep 28, 2015 wrote:
Maybe you don't need it, but someone else might not find the recipe as quickly due to a variety of possible reasons (having a lot of recipes of the same type, dyslexia, brainfart, etc etc). There aren't any very relevant downsides to adding this.
Yes there are relevant downsides to adding this. Screen clutter. There are enough things blocking the view without adding completely unnecessary shortcut bubbles. There's already a keyboard shortcut to open the recipe book, so you're now talking about a shortcut for a shortcut. You cannot make shortcut bubbles for every little thing in the game, and this is one thing that really wouldn't be used by most players.

Delver
Jan 30, 2015
Maycast on Sep 26, 2015 wrote:
I would even add one additional feature: The ability to assign reagents already in your backpack to a specific recipe, that way if you are working on more than one recipe that uses the same reagents, you can more easily keep track of what you need for the various recipes.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
While I really don't see anything wrong with the idea I don't think it's necessary. Actually, it's programming time and effort that could be better utilized to fix some of the real problems existing in the game.
This might seem a little old fashioned but there's also the option that I use... keep a little note pad on your desk with the items listed that are needed for the current recipe(s) you're working on.
I make columns with: the reagent type(s) - quantity I currently have - total quantity needed. Then check the ingredients off as I acquire them. Easy-peasy.
This works especially well if you happen to be working on more than one type of item.

"But I don't have a desk, I use a lap-top" - Stop it.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Yes there are relevant downsides to adding this. Screen clutter. There are enough things blocking the view without adding completely unnecessary shortcut bubbles. There's already a keyboard shortcut to open the recipe book, so you're now talking about a shortcut for a shortcut. You cannot make shortcut bubbles for every little thing in the game, and this is one thing that really wouldn't be used by most players.
It would (quite obviously in my opinion) have to be optional.

Survivor
Jun 15, 2015
I don't see a need for it either, but when you have 100+ recipes they get kinda annoying to find.