Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Utility Spells #2

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 30, 2012
I came up with a new spell type. They're known as traps. Traps act as charms that hang over enemies. Only when the enemy attacks you are these spells activated. Most deal a certain amount of damage based on the amount of pips you have. Also, a new type of stun, which I'm calling entrapped. Unlike stun, stun blocks have no effect on them, making them more useful. So I came up with 3 new utility spells for each school. Also, I made a new charm known as "blank" Bomb. I have a few ideas for what it would do. One ideas is for every ten levels, it adds 100 damage to the spell's damage. So, at level 100, it would add 1000. But that might be too overpowered. Give any suggestions or changes you may have.

:
Vex- 3 pips- Transform target into frog for four rounds (they keep health, but only have a weak natural attack.)
Mirror Image- 4 pips- Summons a transparent version of self with taunt. Basically, it will keep taunting until defeated. Not sure if it would have the same health as the wizard, but probably
Magic Missiles- 220 damage per pip, gain 1 power pip per rank of enemy (so, a rank 10 boss gives 10)
Elemental/Sprit Bomb

:
Energy Surge- 1 pip- -40% to next Storm spell to all
Jolted Piranhas- 300 per pip to target when attacked and stun for two rounds
Wicked Bolt- 4 pips- 10% accuracy, 5000 damage (haha...)
Storm Bomb

:
Thermal Scan- 1 pip- -40% to next Fire spell to all
Candlelight- 5 pips- Heal 900
Incinerate- 1 pip- remove all charms to all(not sure if this exists already)
Fire Bomb

:
Hypothermia- (need some help with this one)
Frozen Barrier- Absorb 25% of last attack (so, it's a charm. Once you are attack, an absorb is cast and protects 25% of the damage that was just done)
Icicle Spears- 120 per pip, -5% shield per rank of enemy
Ice Bomb

:
Jinx (Bad Juju remake)- 1 pip- Take 400, -75% to all
Flaming Skulls- 150 per pip to target after being attacked, convert half to health
Subterfuge- +20% trap per pip, +5% trap to self (pip-based feint)
Death Bomb

:
Soothing Melody- 1 pip- -90% to next attack to target, +70% t o next heal to target (??)
Antibiotics- 2 pips- turn one DoT into a heal
Tree of Life- Heal 220 per pip after being attacked (like a self-trap)
Life Bomb

:
Duplicate- creates another minion (based on cost of minion, but allows two at the same time)
Inception- 3 pips- convert all enemies' positive charms into negative
Overlord- X pips- Myth-version of Animate. Considering Myth is the minion school, (I figured they deserved a pip based minion that is powerful)
Myth Bomb

Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
Dude we already have traps and they do exactly as you just described. They are pretty big game mechanic.

Explorer
Nov 30, 2012
Yea, I know what traps are.... these aren't the same thing. I don't know what they would be called but they're negative charms that are placed a certain enemy and once they attack you, it is activated and does whatever effects it has. I do not know what to call them and I only called them traps because they trap an enemy once they attack you, but obviously they would need a different name.

Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
bluebugs10 on Sep 4, 2015 wrote:
Yea, I know what traps are.... these aren't the same thing. I don't know what they would be called but they're negative charms that are placed a certain enemy and once they attack you, it is activated and does whatever effects it has. I do not know what to call them and I only called them traps because they trap an enemy once they attack you, but obviously they would need a different name.
Yeah dude that's a trap. It's a negative charm as it adds extra damage to the enemy. You are suggesting things that already exist. If you mean it does damage to you after it is cast after a while then you mean damage over times which the fire school specializes in.

Explorer
Nov 30, 2012
No.. ok. Here, I'll try to describe it. First of all, traps aren't charms they're wards. These are charms, like blades and stuff. Not out of all of these, Flaming Skulls and Jolted Piranhas are the only spells like this.

When you cast it, it is based on the amount of pips you have, it hangs above whatever enemy you have selected. Each one I came up with looks different with different animations.

So it stays there like a weakness.

Once the enemy that has it attacks you, meaning when the enemy that is effected by this spell attacks the caster, after their damage is dealt to the caster and the spell ends, these charms take effect, their animation is shown, and the specific damage happens.

Basically, they are timed revenge spells that deal damage when that enemy attacks you.

If there are spells like this, let me know what they are so I can compare.