Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can Mana Burn please work with enchants?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Mar 31, 2015
As an Exalted Balance, I think it would be cool to allow for Mana Burn to work with enchants like Extraordinary / Colossal. My reasoning is that Supernova, which is a very similar type of spell (manipulation + damage) can also be enchanted with no problem. What makes Mana Burn so different? At 5 Pips, it is not a very spammable spell. It would be also cool to be able multiply the card further with Reshuffle when necessary.

(If you use Reshuffle after enchanting a card (with a trained spell like Keen Eyes, etc), you not only get back your regular card and enchant (as separate spells, of course), but your previous enchanted card back as well. In case this wasn't common knowledge).

It would also help when going second vs the mobs, as it can be sometimes hard to predict when they will attack.

Anyone else agree?

Adrian

Exalted , Master
Promethean Crafter
Rank 10 Gardener

Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
Speaking for everybody who isn't a balance wizard, thank Bartelby they are not spamable because that would awful for everybody.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Exabytes on Aug 29, 2015 wrote:
As an Exalted Balance, I think it would be cool to allow for Mana Burn to work with enchants like Extraordinary / Colossal. My reasoning is that Supernova, which is a very similar type of spell (manipulation + damage) can also be enchanted with no problem. What makes Mana Burn so different? At 5 Pips, it is not a very spammable spell. It would be also cool to be able multiply the card further with Reshuffle when necessary.

(If you use Reshuffle after enchanting a card (with a trained spell like Keen Eyes, etc), you not only get back your regular card and enchant (as separate spells, of course), but your previous enchanted card back as well. In case this wasn't common knowledge).

It would also help when going second vs the mobs, as it can be sometimes hard to predict when they will attack.

Anyone else agree?

Adrian

Exalted , Master
Promethean Crafter
Rank 10 Gardener
Of course! I use Mana Burn on my Balance Wizard from time to time, so I think applying enchantment spells to that spell would make it more efficient against enemies. Supernova works well with these enchantments, so why not do the same to Mana Burn? I say this suggestion should be made a reality!

Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
Trimond297 on Sep 2, 2015 wrote:
Of course! I use Mana Burn on my Balance Wizard from time to time, so I think applying enchantment spells to that spell would make it more efficient against enemies. Supernova works well with these enchantments, so why not do the same to Mana Burn? I say this suggestion should be made a reality!
Well I think mana burn is already pretty powerful I don't think it should work with enchants. I mean come on... It's one of the few spells in game that can destroy your pip setting you back a few rounds. If it can do great damage and take away pups then balance will become to over powered for even storm to deal with.

Explorer
Jul 04, 2015
Apply this situation to bosses and mobs with Mana Burn.
Now imagine masses of wizards raging because the bosses are too OP.

mmm the thought of facing 4 Balance enemy, chaining this enchanted Mana Burn, I'll never get a turn off...

If anything they should implement a way to counter vs pip destruction since it acts more like a stun than anything else...and we have Stun Block for that.

Survivor
Feb 27, 2014
If Lord of winter works with merchants then mana burn should too

Delver
Mar 31, 2015
SpectreZero on Sep 3, 2015 wrote:
Apply this situation to bosses and mobs with Mana Burn.
Now imagine masses of wizards raging because the bosses are too OP.

mmm the thought of facing 4 Balance enemy, chaining this enchanted Mana Burn, I'll never get a turn off...

If anything they should implement a way to counter vs pip destruction since it acts more like a stun than anything else...and we have Stun Block for that.
mmm...Balance Dispels? And besides, 1v4 is not 4v4, and we can't use the spell every turn, so it's not like this is such an unfair advantage. Let's not forget the smoke screen spam, virulent plague spam, or tempest spam that already exists in team play. And the developers can already make mobs use consecutive enchanted Mana Burns if they wanted to; they just have not done so yet.

I said that Mana Burn isn't very spammable; not so that it can be, but so that we can all realise that it will not hurt to make it work with enchants. Or else for it to function like its amulet version, where you lose 4 pips instead of 3, keeping its no-enchant status. (Which I definitely know will be unpopular).

I realise that some players may not like this spell because it forces you to use pips after 5 or so rounds, but hey. Don't hoard pips and you'll be fine.

Explorer
Jul 04, 2015
balancewiz2234 on Sep 4, 2015 wrote:
If Lord of winter works with merchants then mana burn should too
Lord of Winter requires twice the amount of pips that Mana Burn needs, so in essence, before you can even cast a Lord of Winter, you've been Mana Burned several times over.

Balance dispel is a horrible counter to Mana Burn for any other school but Balance, it's just not economical to use two power pips to save three pips.