Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Astral Spell Ideas!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
Introduction

I've been playing Wizard101 for years now, and I have always been accustomed to the normal, non-dynamic battle arena whenever I begin a duel. But recently, I have noticed that the arena is lacking vibrant colors and intriguing visuals, especially near the center of the field.

Because of this, I have fabricated a brilliant idea for new spells that could possibly change how the battle arena works and functions!

Introducing...Astral Screens

Summary

Astral Screens are essentially universal boosts commonly referred to as "bubbles", except they are specifically directed towards yourself, one player or all players on either side of the arena, and they will have completely different effects than the "bubbles" that we're all familiar with. These screens will permanently affect the wizards behind the screen until it is replaced by another from either side of the battle field. They will have similar graphics to that of the Shadow aura that can be seen in front of wizards with access to Shadow spells, but they will rest in front of the logos ( , , , etc..) on the closest blue and black-dotted circle inside the field. Additionally, these spells can co-exist with universal boosts.

Casting the Spell / Animation

The Astral Screen animation will be simple, however it surely will spice up the look of the arena and will provide new strategies to PvP and PvE. I've tried to provide an image to help visualize this idea, however it got deleted. Hopefully you can still imagine it!
  1. Wizard casts Astral Screen (preferably Sun or Moon)
  2. Flash of Light will appear in the center, similar to a "bubble" spell
  3. The light will expand into the length needed to cover enough area for either one wizard or all wizards on one side of the field (different colors will be used to represent different effects)
  4. Simultaneously, the light will move and bend to the appropriate location, and settle down
Effects of Astral Screens

Previously stated, the effects provided by the screens will much different than universal boosts (there are so many possibilities, feel free to tweak these ideas or add your own!).

List of POSITIVE boosts (cast to self or team)
  • +15% Shadow Pip chance TEAM
  • +150(?) Damage Absorption SELF(?)
  • +25% Chance of all May Cast Abilities (Pet and Gear) TEAM
  • Deflect 10%(?) Incoming Damage to Caster SELF
  • +5% Critical for every Power Pip TEAM

NEGATIVE boosts (cast towards one or all players on opposite team)

• -40%(?) Critical Block ONE
  • -30% Power Pip chance TEAM
  • -20%(?) Pierce, -20%(?) Accuracy ONE(?)
  • -25% Stun Resist TEAM
  • Dispel Charms ONE
Additional Ideas to Consider
These Astral Screens can be used by wizards who have passed a certain level. I recommend introducing these spells to wizards starting either Celestia or Avalon.

Perhaps these can be enhanced by Shadow? And maybe some Screens cause negative effects to the caster? For example, a -35% Damage to ONE, and +20% Damage to SELF?

Conclusion

Please leave your feedback and recommendations! Thanks for reading!

Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
I do have one spell that would help life a ton and I have many ideas for spells.

Health of Life

25% Damage, 5% Outgoing , 10% Incoming Damage.

To Get this one is a quest that takes awhile.

Shadows of Destruction

25% damage, 5% Pip Chance, 45% Critical Chance.

Quest (Solo)
-------------------------

Defeat The Shadow King, and The Shadow Queen,

Minion: Life

Ranks: 20

Health: 400,000, 400,000 and 500,000

Cheats:
------------

The king and Queen will always have Shadows of destruction on them, they cannot fizzle, and will always blade each other at the start of the round.

The life minion will cast rebirth every round, and if the wizard heals he will gnome the target.

The life minion can only be killed when the king and queen have been killed.

You cannot feint any of the targets.

Every three rounds the king will use his normal attack witch does 1,500 damage on the target over time and will add a feint that will not be used by the overtime.

The only way to defeat the king and queen is through all round hits.

Survivor
May 27, 2013
sounds like an interesting idea but I think it would be a star thing, mostly because moon is all about polymorph and sun is all about changing the cards in your hand, star is the one with the personal bubbles.