Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Walmart Gift Cards are very impossible.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 20, 2013
Hello Everyone,
I would like to know why is it so hard to find the Fishing Bundle at any Walmart's. I've been wondering why is it so impossible to find any gift cards at Rite Aid, Walgreens, Toys R Us and Walmart. Is there is a reason most of these carries have stopped selling them in several states. I'm from California and I've been searching all Walmart stores and not one single store sells it. Could anyone explain to me what is going on. Not even Walgreens sell Wizard101 anymore or Rite Aid'd $10 Wizard101 Gift Cards. I've been checking at my local 4 Walmart stores and its been like months and they never sold them again. Is it possible for Kingsisle to restock them again to these stores once again. Thanks

Survivor
May 16, 2015
I've been having the same problem, so if anyone can help it would be appreciated. I even checked online and Walmart doesn't have the fishing bundle on it's website despite having a few other Wizard101 bundles.

Explorer
Jul 16, 2009
Have you asked at the store you want the cards from? I have shy family members, so sometimes when we go to the store and we don't see what they want, that's been there in the past, I ask for them. I'll say to the store peoples, "Hey, where is this?", or "Hey, what's happened? Problem with delivery?"
Not too long ago my local Walmart switched all their electronics department up and I had to really look seriously carefully for stuff I was looking for, and when I did find what I was looking for some little person had put the chew marks on it. They'd gnawed all over it.
I was fretting over it. Stressing, in fact.
Tripping, even, on the way stores market their products.
Sometimes you gotta ask. Or, get a pal or loved one to do it for you. Some companies don't supply stuff unless there is a request or demand for it.

I got a mini-market in my neighborhood I drive to irritating bananas demanding fresh fruit from. :) Dude hate me for it, but, I still ask...

Try all avenues.
Sometimes, you just gotta ask.
I remember one time I was in a store that supplied game cards and I had to absolutely ask because they hadn't put them out on the kiosk/shelf yet. They'd gotten busy and hadn't had time to do it.
Dude broke open a fresh shiny sealed plastic package for me. :)
Try asking the store peoples.

Survivor
May 27, 2009
If game cards aren't readily available at the advertised store, then KingsIsle needs to explore other avenues. An exclusive offer at a store is meaningless if it is not carried by that store locally.

I've posted in another post regarding lack of availability at Walmart. Bundles need to made available online at KingIsle's website.

I view this as false advertising on the part of KingsIsle. If they tell me something is at a certain location, then that's where it should be. Or give me the option of purchasing directly from KingsIsle. I've been looking for the Mystic Fishing Bundle since it came out to no avail.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Not all Walmarts carry the same items. I know, I used to work at one. It all depends on supply and demand. If people aren't buying a particular type of game card and it sits on the shelf for a long time, then the store will pawn it off onto another WM store and not order it again.

If there are several people that buy the game cards on a regular basis, you can usually talk the Manager into making sure the item is stocked, because they know it's going to be sold.

Survivor
Sep 20, 2013
Hello members,
I actually called all stores in California and they still have no info about it. I've even tried tracking the item down and went to at least 14 Walmarts and asked them to track it for me and there is no info on any Mystic Fishing Bundle in the state of California. Contacted Walmart Corporate but still waiting for answers. Sent Kingsisle a complain but they never even bothered to help me with this issue. Its been 8 months I've seen a Wizard101 Bundle selling at California Walmart's . I'm still talking to Walmart corporate about this issue. I find this very unreasonable. Why should I drive to San Diego if they aren't sure if they sell it. Even the corporate has no info about this. Kingsisle if your reading this please try to fix this issue.

Survivor
May 16, 2015
The thing is, if any of the stores offered it, it should be on the Walmart website. Even if it was in-store only and only at select stores, it should be listed there, and it's not. yet the website shows the Prehistoric Bundle, even though KI doesn't advertise it on their website anymore. Odd. I'd really love to have the bundle, and if you look on ebay for it the prices are ridiculous (for any bundle.... even currently offered bundles that you can get directly from KI are offered for close to double the original sale price). Please keep us informed of your communications with Walmart corporate, as I'm a huge fan of fishing in W101 and soooooooooooo want this bundle :)

Delver
Jul 17, 2009
Walmart currently does not have any KI cards on their gaming card MODS. I work at Walmart, and even with a UPC we can't order it at the store level. Mosiac is the vendor in charge and I have mine looking into it. As a customer, I have written walmart.com, and even the supplier for KI cards, and KI. They all say it's up to someone else.
I am going to keep bothering my manager about it til something happens at my store. I personally put out the Pirate Voodoo bundle and Pigswick bundle in the flex area we have for game cards at my store. Keep pestering Walmart. The more they hear the more they will look into this. Especially since a new bundle is coming with a dyeable mount. (I've seen in in the game and Wizard101 central says it's a Walmart bundle.)

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
mittensk on Jun 13, 2015 wrote:
Walmart currently does not have any KI cards on their gaming card MODS. I work at Walmart, and even with a UPC we can't order it at the store level. Mosiac is the vendor in charge and I have mine looking into it. As a customer, I have written walmart.com, and even the supplier for KI cards, and KI. They all say it's up to someone else.
I am going to keep bothering my manager about it til something happens at my store. I personally put out the Pirate Voodoo bundle and Pigswick bundle in the flex area we have for game cards at my store. Keep pestering Walmart. The more they hear the more they will look into this. Especially since a new bundle is coming with a dyeable mount. (I've seen in in the game and Wizard101 central says it's a Walmart bundle.)
I imagine it depends on the local stores. I went in looking for the Fishing Bundle and ended up getting the new Grand Tourney Gauntlet last week which I haven't seen KI advertise yet at all.