Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Waterworks or Hades for Storm Wizard?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
I've done some research on the Hades gear everyone wants me to so badly get yet I cannot find a positive in getting it. The critical is beautiful, but I don't rely on criticals. The pierce is useless to me. The power pips I can live without. The healing is a nice bonus.

Can someone point out to me which I should get? Yes I do know it's time to update from Waterworks, however the key things I use in battle (resist and damage) seem to be covered and farming such a dungeon for barely any increase seems pointless.

Also, I'm level 89, which is why I am asking.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
Stay with waterworks hat and robe (or crafted), crafted block boots from AZ, and the highest wand block you can get as a drop or from a pack. Go with damage and resist on a pet, or damage, resist, and healing. Use the 90 ring and athame from the AQ side bosses. You can run that set right up to level 100. Don't bother farming Hades. At 100 get your spell, and farm GY when you feel like it. Mali's gear is the best, but you can get though KR without it, so farm at your own pace. There's no need to burn out on it.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2013
You can get the Hades Gear at Lvl 90, So I suggest Waterworks Gear till you reach Lvl 90.

Hope this helped

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
Eric Crowspear on Apr 5, 2015 wrote:
I've done some research on the Hades gear everyone wants me to so badly get yet I cannot find a positive in getting it. The critical is beautiful, but I don't rely on criticals. The pierce is useless to me. The power pips I can live without. The healing is a nice bonus.

Can someone point out to me which I should get? Yes I do know it's time to update from Waterworks, however the key things I use in battle (resist and damage) seem to be covered and farming such a dungeon for barely any increase seems pointless.

Go for waterworks, the gear stats have a better balance.

Explorer
Mar 26, 2011
Eric Crowspear on Apr 5, 2015 wrote:

It helps out with DM unless you craft, since WaterWorks doesn't seem to seal the deal with most people.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
The Fire on Apr 5, 2015 wrote:
It helps out with DM unless you craft, since WaterWorks doesn't seem to seal the deal with most people.
Waterworks hat and robe are a better choice for most schools doing most jobs in DM. Crafted boots would be better. Most Hades gear isn't a help in DM, although pierce can be good if you have to hit through shields or resist.
It's not worth farming Hades for it.