Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

simple bug

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Sometimes, when you're using a sun spell, there's a card next to the one you want to enchant. If you hit the wrong card, normally, you go right back to the "select a card" part of the round..... unless you do something like use Primordial/Sharpened Blade and accidentally hit Forest Lord. in this case, Forest Lord gets selected. This should not happen, ever. if you have a sun spell, and it can't enchant the card you hit, it should NEVER fire off the card, because the two are incompatible. it should simply deselect the spell

Defender
Jun 29, 2009
When you select a sun spell to enchant another card, if you choose the wrong card to enchant it will release your choice (e.g., you try to put monstrous on a blade). However, when you click on the sun spell to enchant a hit card, there is a situation where that the enchant does not go through, and the spell is slated for use without the enchantment. If you are last to cast, this can be frustrating. This will happen if the sun spell is not chosen properly. How do you know you have chosen properly? You should see all the cards that cannot take the enchantment greyed out (blades, traps, wand swats, etc.), and only the sun enchantable cards in color. I hope this helps clear up the issue you are having.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I understand how the enchantment works. my point was, it shouldnt deselect the sun card AND choose the aoe at the same time. it should simply deselect the card / give you the "sorry, I cant enchant this card onto that" sound.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
I agree. It's a small thing, but it can cause you to lose a battle. It needs to be changed.

Defender
Jun 29, 2009
I play between 4-6 accounts simultaneously, and the issue you raise has also frustrated me. However, in my book a complaint should be followed with an viable alternative. Where the existing setup fails is when your hand has only one enchantment card, with the other 6 cards are enchantable. I have racked my brain trying to come up with an alternative, but I believe that KI has found the best solution with the greyed out cards that now exists in the game.

The fact that your 'hit all' spell pops off unenchanted or that your spell casts means that you are either last to cast or playing solo. One alternative, would be that if a player was playing solo then the 30 second 'time to cast' would play out for the full 30 seconds. This would give a player the chance to fix the incorrect cast. This could also be a toggle option under player preferences.

There is a different issue (probably not seen by many) along the same lines. If you pick a blade, but do not cast it within the 30 seconds, the program will automatically cast it for you (and typically with illogical results). At least it isn't landing on the NPCs.

Did not mean to insult you by repeating game mechanics to you, it was only meant to clarify the existing system.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Molly Thunderbreez... on Apr 10, 2015 wrote:
I play between 4-6 accounts simultaneously, and the issue you raise has also frustrated me. However, in my book a complaint should be followed with an viable alternative. Where the existing setup fails is when your hand has only one enchantment card, with the other 6 cards are enchantable. I have racked my brain trying to come up with an alternative, but I believe that KI has found the best solution with the greyed out cards that now exists in the game.

The fact that your 'hit all' spell pops off unenchanted or that your spell casts means that you are either last to cast or playing solo. One alternative, would be that if a player was playing solo then the 30 second 'time to cast' would play out for the full 30 seconds. This would give a player the chance to fix the incorrect cast. This could also be a toggle option under player preferences.

There is a different issue (probably not seen by many) along the same lines. If you pick a blade, but do not cast it within the 30 seconds, the program will automatically cast it for you (and typically with illogical results). At least it isn't landing on the NPCs.

Did not mean to insult you by repeating game mechanics to you, it was only meant to clarify the existing system.
no insult received :) Yes, I play much of the game solo and for mobs, I usually give 3 blades and cast forest lord. Sometimes I don't have enough pips for it, sometimes I do. If I have enough pips, this is a problem because it goes from a one hit kill to needing the only reshuffle card I bring. I run a minimized deck (1 primordial, 1 satyr, 1 sharpened blade, 2 life blades, 1 colossal, 1 forest lord, 1 reshuffle, item cards) on my life so this can be a problem. I'm using waterworks gear, wintertusk crafted hat and dropped gear. With 2 blades, I usually do JUST under the amount I need to kill it, and while 3 blades is overkill, better over than under.

Defender
Jun 29, 2009
I played solo for about the first year of playing, but always had the option of loading my son's account to help me in those difficult chambers. So I do feel your pain. A full '30 second for casting' toggle option may be a viable solution to this issue for players like yourself because your frustration with the way it is working is valuable input to KI. Trust me, playing 4-6 at a time, the current programming has been cause for a few, OH SHOOTs. However, it does not impact me as much as it does solo players.