Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Insane bolt is now overpowered

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 31, 2010
Me and my friends awhile back all died due to an insane bolt. If you use shrike and use insane bolt they will take heavy damage if they do not have allot of resist. If it is a fellow wizard with about 40 resist insane bolt will most likely do 3k damage. If you say, "You can die from insane bolt" There are ways you can go around without dying when you use insane bolt. Shrike isn't the problem but if you equip shrike with insane bolt you cannot resist damage taken plus it adds more damage. We fought one storm in a 1v1 about 5 times. Every time he hit with insane bolt it was with shrike and he did not die. Now me saying this will most likely have storm spammers in 1v1 who spam insane bolt. Another question I have, why is it that insane bolt uses power pips and its a moon spell but, the moon spells we get uses 3 pips? I do not understand that concept kingsisle added with that. Insane bolt needs to be nerfed or made to where you need to use 2 pips or even 3. If you say "Insane bolt is a 50-50 chance you will die" like I said "There are ways going about using insane bolt". Though if kingsisle adds moon pips that would be awesome

AndrewEmeraldRiver Lvl100

Break that reply button

Survivor
Feb 16, 2013
AndrewEmeraldRiver on Oct 25, 2014 wrote:
Me and my friends awhile back all died due to an insane bolt. If you use shrike and use insane bolt they will take heavy damage if they do not have allot of resist. If it is a fellow wizard with about 40 resist insane bolt will most likely do 3k damage. If you say, "You can die from insane bolt" There are ways you can go around without dying when you use insane bolt. Shrike isn't the problem but if you equip shrike with insane bolt you cannot resist damage taken plus it adds more damage. We fought one storm in a 1v1 about 5 times. Every time he hit with insane bolt it was with shrike and he did not die. Now me saying this will most likely have storm spammers in 1v1 who spam insane bolt. Another question I have, why is it that insane bolt uses power pips and its a moon spell but, the moon spells we get uses 3 pips? I do not understand that concept kingsisle added with that. Insane bolt needs to be nerfed or made to where you need to use 2 pips or even 3. If you say "Insane bolt is a 50-50 chance you will die" like I said "There are ways going about using insane bolt". Though if kingsisle adds moon pips that would be awesome

Break that reply button
First, get your facts right, Insane bolt is a spell! Is hydra a spell because it does ? NO.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
AndrewEmeraldRiver on Oct 25, 2014 wrote:

Break that reply button
Insane Bolt is a storm spell that inflicts moon damage....there is a difference. The spell cost is working correctly.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Insane bolt isn't a moon spell it's storm, it only does moon damage. What ways are talking about that get around the chances of taking 10,000 damage (usually more like 20-25k)?

Delver
Jun 02, 2010
Insane bolt is not over powered. There was a time I died 5 matches in a row using it and what are we suppose what about people who Jade up and have like 80 global resist, shield every round, fortify, AND use Sentinal. Sentinal makes it hard for use to critical hit someone with too. Lets also not forget that the health and healing is getting very good lately too.

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
I believe the damage dealt to the enemy is dealt in storm damage, but the self-damage is in moon, because there is no gear that specifically gives moon resist, so you are very likely to die (unless you use a jade set/heartsteel/proof+defy pet)