Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Help with pvp

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jul 05, 2014
Hi guys! So i've been pvping a lot lately, I lost like every one of them! I know its just a game, but it frustrates me sometimes, you know. Any tips for spell deck for pvp? Or any tips for spells? Thanks! I just want to rock at pvp. lol

Defender
Oct 10, 2010
One would expect that your are a life Wizard, but what level?
The more information we have on your gear, pet, etc, the more
we can suggest to help.

Explorer
Oct 22, 2009
What level are you? I pvp alot, and you can pvp with my team to gain some experience and strategies.

Let me know.

Survivor
Aug 11, 2009
FunWizzygirl100 on Aug 25, 2014 wrote:
Hi guys! So i've been pvping a lot lately, I lost like every one of them! I know its just a game, but it frustrates me sometimes, you know. Any tips for spell deck for pvp? Or any tips for spells? Thanks! I just want to rock at pvp. lol
It would be helpful to provide suggestions if you let us know what level you are, your clothing stats, pet stats, and what deck you are using.

Delver
Jul 05, 2014
IcicleWar on Aug 26, 2014 wrote:
we can suggest to help.
Level 39.

Delver
Jul 05, 2014
IcicleWar on Aug 26, 2014 wrote:
we can suggest to help.
Sorry forgot the rest! Pet is my brown spider that gives a life spell that does 195 damage and casts a +25% to all life spells spell. What I wear for pvp is what gives me most health.

Explorer
Oct 22, 2009
A level 39 life is a fun level to play life.

If you do 1v1, life does well to counter attack.

- You should be able to shield all specific schools
- More than half you deck will be heals and shields
- Choice of wand depends on you - life to remove life shields, or other to clear weakness and towers
- Always keep a few extra pips in hand to heal when necessary, except if you can put the opponent on the defensive
- Reshuffle
- Side deck: Treasure heals made with keen eyes
- enchanted attacks with tough/strong/giant etc

If team fights:
- Ensure your teams shields you first, you are the lifeblood of the team. You live, so does the team.
- More team heals (unicorn)
- Attack only to support your team attacks. Attack to kill one opponent or to change the balance of power to your side.
- Your role is not a primary attacker

Always keep a count of the opponent pips, that determines what they can do, level of attacks/heals etc. If you are second and the opponents are atacked with pips, do a unicorn to save the team in case they all attack. Try to figure out what they will do and counter them.

If you want you can do some matches with my team and we can fine tune your strategy.

Delver
Jul 05, 2014
Shunon on Aug 28, 2014 wrote:
A level 39 life is a fun level to play life.

If you do 1v1, life does well to counter attack.

- You should be able to shield all specific schools
- More than half you deck will be heals and shields
- Choice of wand depends on you - life to remove life shields, or other to clear weakness and towers
- Always keep a few extra pips in hand to heal when necessary, except if you can put the opponent on the defensive
- Reshuffle
- Side deck: Treasure heals made with keen eyes
- enchanted attacks with tough/strong/giant etc

If team fights:
- Ensure your teams shields you first, you are the lifeblood of the team. You live, so does the team.
- More team heals (unicorn)
- Attack only to support your team attacks. Attack to kill one opponent or to change the balance of power to your side.
- Your role is not a primary attacker

Always keep a count of the opponent pips, that determines what they can do, level of attacks/heals etc. If you are second and the opponents are atacked with pips, do a unicorn to save the team in case they all attack. Try to figure out what they will do and counter them.

If you want you can do some matches with my team and we can fine tune your strategy.
I am actually level 40 now lol. Thanks for the tips! I might team with your team for a match to show you what I do. The problem is that I don't have text chat so I don't know how to tell my team to shield me and stuff.

Explorer
Oct 22, 2009
Sure you can. Look for me in 3v3 or 4v4. I usually use my lower levels.

Initiate team: Cori Story, Tasha Blue, Autumn Blade

Adept Team: Morgan Shadow, Paige Shadowblade, Brecken Legend

Let me know your character name as I usually have friend request off.

Survivor
Aug 11, 2009
FunWizzygirl100 on Aug 29, 2014 wrote:
I am actually level 40 now lol. Thanks for the tips! I might team with your team for a match to show you what I do. The problem is that I don't have text chat so I don't know how to tell my team to shield me and stuff.
If you are building your gear for level 40-50 while climbing the pvp rank, here are just one suggestion of good gear.

Hat: Gladiator Helm of glory, Cap of the Frontier

Robe: Champions Armor of Courage, Rainment of the Judge

Shoes: Valorous Foot guards, Pads of the proud Jaguar

Wand: Can never go wrong at any level with the Frosti Tiki Torch

Athames: heartsteel

ring: that has high health and pips or strength

pets: keep hatching to get a good base pet with proof and healing working towards strength.

Good luck and have much fun!

Delver
Jul 05, 2014
Shunon on Aug 29, 2014 wrote:
Sure you can. Look for me in 3v3 or 4v4. I usually use my lower levels.

Initiate team: Cori Story, Tasha Blue, Autumn Blade

Adept Team: Morgan Shadow, Paige Shadowblade, Brecken Legend

Let me know your character name as I usually have friend request off.
Katie watergem. Does it matter what realm you're in?

Delver
Jul 05, 2014
cheyennepearlheart on Aug 30, 2014 wrote:
If you are building your gear for level 40-50 while climbing the pvp rank, here are just one suggestion of good gear.

Hat: Gladiator Helm of glory, Cap of the Frontier

Robe: Champions Armor of Courage, Rainment of the Judge

Shoes: Valorous Foot guards, Pads of the proud Jaguar

Wand: Can never go wrong at any level with the Frosti Tiki Torch

Athames: heartsteel

ring: that has high health and pips or strength

pets: keep hatching to get a good base pet with proof and healing working towards strength.

Good luck and have much fun!
Thanks so much but where do I find this? I have done a lot of questing and is now in Dragonspyre!

Delver
Jul 05, 2014
I am level 42 now and I just did a rank 1v1 with a girl who has less health then me by like 300 or something and she won. She used tower shield like 6 times, used a bunch of balance spells, had her pet dragon somehow use 3 different spells? She used feint, how does she fit all of that? I don't have ANY of those unfortunately so I knew I was going to lose. On this topic please also mention tips on winning ranked/practice 1v1! According to my book I won 2 pvp ranked matches and lost 11. :/

Explorer
Oct 22, 2009
Look in practice matches, and look for my characters.

I am not usually in any particular realm. I know it's knida vague, but that's the easiest way to find me.