Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Connection Issues

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 19, 2011
Ok, so today at about 8 pm i go to my character selection screen but it didnt show me my characters, instead I saw connecting to server and eventually was told i was unable to connect. I tried to log on again 5 minutes later and I get an error 109 saying i'm unable to connect to the game. Now normally my connection is 2 to 4 bars and I had this connection issue before in July and its kinda annoying when you can't get to do pvp when you can't connect to the game. Is anyone else having issues with this and can KI help with this?

Administrator
Hello Brian,

I'm sorry you are having connection issues. If you send an email to support@wizard101.com they will be able to help you figure out what is causing the problem.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
Well as far as connections it seems that I start program crashing anywhere from 1 to 4 hours before all these unscheduled surprise maintenance issues. Happens over and over again. Seems to be a problem in the Southeast as far as I have polled and found out. Unable to connect as Wizard is unavailable the standard reply and reference to twitter. Which only shows one scheduled maintenance this week but looks as if we are starting on the 3rd manitenance this week tonight at 3am CST.

From having other friends sites that use servers nationwide, I understand that these servers are rented from another entity altogether. Seems it is time to start passing on the server rental savings to the players that are constantly inconvienced by the constant maintenance with no update connected. Seems we need to get used to being without access to Wizard 101 from 4 to 12 hours weekly, ( to how many?).. All together that means from 2 to 3 days a month we are unable to connect due to maintenance issues. And like I previously stated the connection problems begin for me hours before the unscheduled maintenance is announced. By the way this is the ONLY time that I have connection problems. The hours before the unscheduled maintenance is a nightmare.

As these "unscheduled" maintenance down-times seem to be a recurring over and over situation, it would be nice if it was announced on something besides twitter (the one tonight and last night wasn't even a bother to be posted there). The Log In page would be the logical place to post the notice of once again players, another maintenance is coming later on tonight not 2 hours before on the game. What's more a prorated subscription price might be in order if this down time continues to exist for a game that is paid for to be played monthly. Not in sporadic intervals through out the month.

Liz