Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

4v4 pvp dead?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 26, 2010
I just wanted to know why nobody does 4v4 pvp anymore especially at the high levels. I see a few here of there in tournaments or the practice arena but never in ranked. Why are there so few teams left? Once Team Perfect Catch left nobody seems to do it anymore. Just wanted to hear your opinions on why there are so few ranked 4v4 matches going on, especially at the high levels.

Survivor
Aug 19, 2012
I can only answer in my own opinion... they got to where they aren't fun. The starting team almost always wins, because the 2 healers spam fizzles(smoke screen) and plagues (or worse) every round while the third player blades the fourth (usually a storm). The attack player (storm) then just kills everyone in one hit (or close to it.)
It's all about going first and spamming the cards that keep the second team from being able to do anything and no one thinks that is fun. You just have to hope you go first.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Team yoloswag on Aug 12, 2014 wrote:
I just wanted to know why nobody does 4v4 pvp anymore especially at the high levels. I see a few here of there in tournaments or the practice arena but never in ranked. Why are there so few teams left? Once Team Perfect Catch left nobody seems to do it anymore. Just wanted to hear your opinions on why there are so few ranked 4v4 matches going on, especially at the high levels.
I actually think this is due to the long time it takes to get in a match.

Defender
Mar 08, 2013
It also might be because there are too many levels to pvp at. When the max level was 50, that was when everyone pvped at 50. Now there are people playing at magus, grandmaster, archmage, and exalted. Everyone is too spread out to ever do a 3v3 or 4v4 ranked match.

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
I think it's because 4vs4 high leveled matches take AGES for someone to win and it probably just gets super boring.
Tara

Survivor
Jul 28, 2014
In my opinion its pretty much dead because of the jade gear/spamming. I went to spectate a 4v4 and 3 of the 4 had jade gear and all they were doing was spamming plague's weakness and dispels, While the 4th one (storm) used shrike and spammed tempest. Its pretty much all about going first.

It seemed to die out when they got rid of chain stunning, All though you do still see spam teams in 4v4 its just not common to see them since no one does 4v4 anymore. The reason why is the spam teams. If that makes any sense.

Survivor
Jun 21, 2011
4v4 Is typically the easiest form of PvP in Wizard101. The easiest Rank-Ups are given out in 4v4. I think it is safe to say that this is not the PvP you want to go with if you're not exactly the best at PvP or if you're doing a "Friendly Battle" with your friends, because you'll just be instantaneously dead within minutes when the duel starts. If you're a Warlord, Commander, or Captain that excels in PvP, this is defiantly the right place for you.

@Saffron Sandsword
It actually doesn't take that long to finish a 4v4 unless people are stalling or taking a while to cast their spell.

Guys, stick to 1v1 and 2v2. MAYBE 3v3. Only pros should go to 4v4.

Explorer
Apr 26, 2010
I agree. I guess at the 4v4 top level with the right treasure cards the team that goes first can basically prevent the other team from going. I do see some 4v4 in tournaments but not so much in ranked. I personally think that 4v4 is the most fun but I am only level 75 so I guess its not as bad as at level 100.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Blake Night Stalke... on Aug 17, 2014 wrote:
In my opinion its pretty much dead because of the jade gear/spamming. I went to spectate a 4v4 and 3 of the 4 had jade gear and all they were doing was spamming plague's weakness and dispels, While the 4th one (storm) used shrike and spammed tempest. Its pretty much all about going first.

It seemed to die out when they got rid of chain stunning, All though you do still see spam teams in 4v4 its just not common to see them since no one does 4v4 anymore. The reason why is the spam teams. If that makes any sense.
I agree, I think Blake and Bradley694z got it pretty much right. It's not just 4v4, also 3v3 is pretty much gone
also.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
The group of people who can be competitive at 4v4 is actually very small number when you think about it. If you want to be competitive at 4v4, not only do you need to complete the game, learn the highest level spells, train a pet, get all the highest level gear, but all your teammates do too. How many people have time to do all that? Not many.

I bet 4v4 would come back if there were level divisions, such as Level 1-50, and Level 51-100.

Explorer
Sep 20, 2011
The spamming of double smoke screen makes 4v4 awful. I personally think twice before doing a ranked 3v3 or 4v4, and tournaments happen because are a few teams only and is easy win if you pack enough of smoke screens lol
This and the juju spam in 2v2 destroyed team ranked pvp

Survivor
May 27, 2009
my personal opinion is just the fact of both teams not joining tell they finish setting for one another or picking out a easy team that doesnt know better and setting for them. i believe if k i gets on top of this subject which is a problem threw out all pvp and decides to hide the school signs and names in que. so you cAN only see if there is a person in que and not there school or name! then a lot of players will return to pvp just cause of that its a start but they need a lot of changes to bring pvp back. the reason i say name as well is cause people will memorize the names of others and set that way it would have to be a complete block from setting. they could then start monitoring the matches that go on them selfs so they can see the conduct in there arena they would be amazed at what is said in battles. not only would this make a better game better arena better conduct in arena. it would influence players to be creative cause setting is not a skill and that last sentence is a personal opinion not a fact i am glad i saw this subject hopefully k i reads all of this from us all and considers the players ideals :) from to better arena xD i hope.

Survivor
Jul 09, 2014
I'll pvp with you 4v4 any day. ~ Jesse DreamShade Exalted Level 100 life