Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reverse spell idea

AuthorMessage
Defender
Oct 24, 2010
What is a reverse spell you may ask? Well it basically reverses the charm or ward of its original form.

For example: Tower shield -50% becomes a +50 trap. or. A -50 infection becoming a +50 heal charm.

I'm not saying it should be the exact number of its opposite but it should be balanced out so it won't be OP.
The reason i'm giving this idea is because of the how you know when an enemy cast a weakness on you and you have all your blades up and you got this annoying charm on you, well now you can use it to your advantage.

Agree or Disagree?

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
It's creative, but I'm thinking no. I just can't see how players wouldn't abuse this. If you can think of a way, maybe.

As I am understanding this, anybody looking to do a big one-hit kill in PvP (Judgment, Triton, Efreet, Dr. Von's) could exploit this spell to the point of ridicule.

Explorer
Oct 04, 2009
I like it! It sotra sounds like either a spell or a spell. but you can spend training points on it from that lady in colossus boulevard.

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
What about the -90% that efreet puts? If that was reversed it would be way too overpowered.
Sarai Thunderstrider
Grandmaster

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I thought about an idea like this myself, where:

traps became shields
shields became traps
blades became weakness
weakness became blade

Basically a 'switch usage" type of spell, but not only would it kill PvP, but it would kill PvE as well. I can see it now, a wizard with 5 stacked blades becoming 5 stacked weaknesses. They would kill their computers lol

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
dayerider on Jul 1, 2014 wrote:
I thought about an idea like this myself, where:

traps became shields
shields became traps
blades became weakness
weakness became blade

Basically a 'switch usage" type of spell, but not only would it kill PvP, but it would kill PvE as well. I can see it now, a wizard with 5 stacked blades becoming 5 stacked weaknesses. They would kill their computers lol
Interesting idea, maybe it could be part of the moon school?

Defender
Oct 24, 2010
glowstorm13 on Jul 1, 2014 wrote:
What about the -90% that efreet puts? If that was reversed it would be way too overpowered.
Sarai Thunderstrider
Grandmaster
The -90% reverse doesn't have to be a +90%, maybe a +50%? Would that be okay?

Defender
Oct 24, 2010
Lucas Rain on Jul 1, 2014 wrote:
It's creative, but I'm thinking no. I just can't see how players wouldn't abuse this. If you can think of a way, maybe.

As I am understanding this, anybody looking to do a big one-hit kill in PvP (Judgment, Triton, Efreet, Dr. Von's) could exploit this spell to the point of ridicule.
I guess one way to make this spell non-op would be that only one "reversed charm and/or ward" can be used per attack. That way people can't depend on the other blades or trap. Now if you're talking about which blade or trap should be used per attack, i will have to say the highest number of the blade or trap. (If you know what i mean.)