Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gobbler Prince twice?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 06, 2012
Ok, i defeated the gobbler prince the first time and talked to the king. I did the quests up until i had to go back to the king. I went inside and the gobbler prince was there again! I find this very annoying and unfair. I defeated him once, but i don't wanna battle him again!

Scarlet EmrealdEyes level 11

When life gives you lemons, squeeze them into your enemy's eyes!

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Archon
Oct 24, 2010
nightmaremoon296 on May 10, 2014 wrote:
Ok, i defeated the gobbler prince the first time and talked to the king. I did the quests up until i had to go back to the king. I went inside and the gobbler prince was there again! I find this very annoying and unfair. I defeated him once, but i don't wanna battle him again!

Scarlet EmrealdEyes level 11

When life gives you lemons, squeeze them into your enemy's eyes!
It's totally fair since everyone has to do it.
By the way, you'll have to do it again later on... much later...

Defender
Jun 13, 2012
RavenLady777 on May 11, 2014 wrote:
It's totally fair since everyone has to do it.
By the way, you'll have to do it again later on... much later...
Much later? How later? What quest is it for? I wanna know! Plz tell meh! I wanna know the fact! And don't leave a detail out. Or you could be like King Artorious and say "That would be telling".
And to the person who created the subject:
The gobbler prince is like a guard that watches you. You can't pass to his father if you don't defeat him. He must be really protective then.
With persistence, anything can be achieved

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Miranda Dreamsong on May 16, 2014 wrote:
Much later? How later? What quest is it for? I wanna know! Plz tell meh! I wanna know the fact! And don't leave a detail out. Or you could be like King Artorious and say "That would be telling".
The gobbler prince is like a guard that watches you. You can't pass to his father if you don't defeat him. He must be really protective then.
A lot later, when you are in Dragonspyre and have to get the chests for the dragonrider staff. Don't worry about it.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Miranda Dreamsong on May 16, 2014 wrote:
Level 40-something (average level) in Dragonspyre. It's Obsidian Chest quest... and we are not allowed to write spoilers so that's all I can say.

Defender
Jun 13, 2012
Ty ravenlady777 and seethe42, won't we need to fight the gobbler prince to talk to the gobbler king to get to Empyrea?

Survivor
Apr 27, 2014
Same here.I have tried the times to get rid of the guy but nothing works. So not cool gobbler prince!

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
Ok, I don't know if anyone is gonna read this,but I had the same problem, too. I still have the quest and I have done it like 10 times. Still have it and am lvl 36.

Survivor
Aug 28, 2009
When you leave and re-enter an instance (besides very few exceptions) all the enemies, including the bosses, are reset. Meaning if you leave the Gobbler King's Castle and then go back into it, all the enemies will re-appear with full health. Even if you have a quest for that area.

Even so, it should not be that difficult to fight the Gobbler Prince more than once. If a few minutes is going to make you mad, you'll be really infuriated when you have to go through long (over 1 hour) dungeons.

Defender
May 01, 2011
Actually, I think this is great doing him twice. Prince Gobblestone drops the Heartsteel Blade from the crown shop (Level 5+, 45 health, 5 universal resist) so it's possible to get the drop while questing instead of farming! Also after you battle him the first time and you go up to the king, leave a mark, do the quests, then use the mark to port back! It worked for me.