Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hatching?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 15, 2012
I have an adult wraith pet and when I finally got someone to hatch with (fairy queen) all I got was another wraith! Is this some kind of glitch? When I asked the other person what they got all they got was another fairy queen.
Thanks
Jasmine Jadestone
Grandmaster

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Jasmine Jadestone on Apr 9, 2014 wrote:
I have an adult wraith pet and when I finally got someone to hatch with (fairy queen) all I got was another wraith! Is this some kind of glitch? When I asked the other person what they got all they got was another fairy queen.
Thanks
Jasmine Jadestone
Grandmaster
What were you expecting to get?
Hatching with a Fairy Queen will either get you a fairy queen or wraith. There is no hybrid by crossing these two pets.

Your new Wraith just might have a healing ability though... have you trained it yet?

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Wraith

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
This is exactly how hatching works. Usually you get one of the parent pets, but rarely you get a hybrid. Your new pet should be able to manifest a combination of talents from both parents' talent pools.

Defender
Dec 20, 2010
if you hatch with someone and you both got their own pet back, try reversing the order that you both clicked into the hatching as well as swap who clicked first once inside. Seems to work for me.

Delver
Jun 29, 2011
It's not a glitch. The pet you receive from a hatch will be either yours or theirs -- It's purely random. Keep trying and you'll eventually get the pet you want.

Delver
Oct 29, 2013
Nope, no glitch. The pet you got back would have been either a Wraith or a Pixie Queen; which one of those two pets you received in the hatch was random chance. Not all pets and pet combinations create a hybrid, and there are no Wraith / Pixie Queen hybrids.

Miranda Nightsinger, Archmage Necromancer
Scarlet Windhammer, Adept Pyromancer