Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Raise the Max Hit Cap!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 05, 2011
As many people already know, the max hit cap used to be much higher than a million. However, since the "One in a Million" badge update, the max hit cap has been decreased to only one million. This is kind of discouraging, due to the fact that one million may as well be a measly number to higher leveled players with proper buffs. With the addition of potents and sharpens, the potential for a max hit has risen dramatically. Also, with Storm's Supercharge and Fire's Backdraft spells, it's likely that it would be possible to hit a billion, and perhaps even for all schools with the number of buffs in game. Please KingsIsle, raise the max hit cap to one billion and make a new badge for reaching it. That would really be something to show off! Although I'm not sure whether all schools can actually reach a billion, I'm sure that at some point it will be possible for all of them anyways. Besides, a max hit cap should be something that is difficult to reach, right? I love my "One in a Million" badge, but considering there are 35 million other players, wouldn't that mean there are 35 players exactly like me?! So I beg you, raise the hit cap and stop the clone wars.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Aerier on Mar 29, 2014 wrote:
As many people already know, the max hit cap used to be much higher than a million. However, since the "One in a Million" badge update, the max hit cap has been decreased to only one million. This is kind of discouraging, due to the fact that one million may as well be a measly number to higher leveled players with proper buffs. With the addition of potents and sharpens, the potential for a max hit has risen dramatically. Also, with Storm's Supercharge and Fire's Backdraft spells, it's likely that it would be possible to hit a billion, and perhaps even for all schools with the number of buffs in game. Please KingsIsle, raise the max hit cap to one billion and make a new badge for reaching it. That would really be something to show off! Although I'm not sure whether all schools can actually reach a billion, I'm sure that at some point it will be possible for all of them anyways. Besides, a max hit cap should be something that is difficult to reach, right? I love my "One in a Million" badge, but considering there are 35 million other players, wouldn't that mean there are 35 players exactly like me?! So I beg you, raise the hit cap and stop the clone wars.
I would love to see them raise the cap. There's a few things that would be fun to do, like the half billion damage, billion damage (if it's actually possible), gain life sap of a million healing points, etc.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
I think the only reason to raise the max damage is for a new badge, when did you see an enemy with more than 1,000,000 health? There is no need for a raise in damage unless KI also adds a badge, and I personally think that it would be a waste of programming, work & time.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Blaze Sandblade on Mar 29, 2014 wrote:
I think the only reason to raise the max damage is for a new badge, when did you see an enemy with more than 1,000,000 health? There is no need for a raise in damage unless KI also adds a badge, and I personally think that it would be a waste of programming, work & time.
the same could have been said for instituting the cap in the first place. just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean it's a waste of time. That is a sentiment becoming MUCH more popular these days. The OP had an idea and you shot it down because you didnt see the worth to it. you would have been better off being silent than to disagree on the basis of you feeling like it's not important enough to do.

Survivor
Nov 05, 2011
Just because there are no enemies with 1,000,000 Health doesn't mean the max hit cap shouldnt be raised. In many games, people enjoy seeing the highest damage they can deal in a single attack. There are probably thousands of max hit videos on youtube as well, and there used to be Wizard101 videos of the same thing. Now that the max hit cap is so easy to hit, I feel its no longer the same great feat it used to be. Raising the max hit cap would allow players to truly see how much damage they can deal, which is entertainment in itself even if a new badge isn't implemented.

Survivor
Apr 27, 2009
What I would like to seen in a badge like the one million is how much you actually hit......
So the new badge could be called say heavy hitter and it would display your highest hit .....So if storm hit for 2.5 mil it would say something like

Heavy Hitter 2.5 million

Then you could emote a flex like on muscle beach lol

Survivor
Nov 05, 2011
Sloan Skullwalker on Apr 2, 2014 wrote:
What I would like to seen in a badge like the one million is how much you actually hit......
So the new badge could be called say heavy hitter and it would display your highest hit .....So if storm hit for 2.5 mil it would say something like

Heavy Hitter 2.5 million

Then you could emote a flex like on muscle beach lol
That would be cool. Or maybe the badge name changes depending on how much you hit. Like one for 10 million, another for 100 million, another for 500 million, and finally one for a billion. I'm not too creative with badge names but I like the idea.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Do keep in mind I only said 'I think' & 'I personally think', and the fact that there is no NEED for this except a new badge is true (I mentioned nothing about wanting). I didn't mean to shoot anyone down. And if it was implemented, I wouldn't complain, I just wouldn't use it or achieve the badge. I hope you accept my apology for what I said earlier, I meant that I personally wouldn't use it.

Delver
Dec 18, 2009
Agree. Best way to encourage people to find new ways to get more damage out is to allow them to do more damage. It is a great idea.