Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hyper speed boots.

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Hey everyone, I just had a random idea: Did you ever want to walk fast without using a mount? Well, now you can, with the new hyper speed boots! In games like tag and food fight, they are unequipped by fault and they aren't in the shoes section, they in the mounts section and will be basically an invisible mount, still showing your actual shoes so you get the speed boost but working like an actual mount. So it will give you a +40% speed boost while still showing your actual shoes so you can get the boost of stats from them.

The hyper-speed boots still show all the regular walking animations, swimming, jumping animations, etc but once again boost up your speed by 40% as if a regular mount, but unequip if your in wyldfire tag, scavenger hunt, food fight or pulled in a battle, anywhere disallowing mounts. The purpose is for people who want a speed boost but want to see their actual shoes and just want the normal walking animation.

I'm sorry if this was most likely confusing, but I wanted to see your thoughts on this and if you agree, what should be the price for them and if they should be available for gold or not and if they should be, the gold pricing.

Also posted this on Wizard101 Central: http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?403003-Hyper-speed-boots

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Moonlighterz1000 on Mar 21, 2014 wrote:
Hey everyone, I just had a random idea: Did you ever want to walk fast without using a mount? Well, now you can, with the new hyper speed boots! In games like tag and food fight, they are unequipped by fault and they aren't in the shoes section, they in the mounts section and will be basically an invisible mount, still showing your actual shoes so you get the speed boost but working like an actual mount. So it will give you a +40% speed boost while still showing your actual shoes so you can get the boost of stats from them.

The hyper-speed boots still show all the regular walking animations, swimming, jumping animations, etc but once again boost up your speed by 40% as if a regular mount, but unequip if your in wyldfire tag, scavenger hunt, food fight or pulled in a battle, anywhere disallowing mounts. The purpose is for people who want a speed boost but want to see their actual shoes and just want the normal walking animation.

I'm sorry if this was most likely confusing, but I wanted to see your thoughts on this and if you agree, what should be the price for them and if they should be available for gold or not and if they should be, the gold pricing.

Also posted this on Wizard101 Central: http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?403003-Hyper-speed-boots
There are already boots that do this (not quite 40% but close enough to make a difference)...in the crowns shop.

Survivor
Jan 06, 2014
RavenLady777 on Mar 22, 2014 wrote:
There are already boots that do this (not quite 40% but close enough to make a difference)...in the crowns shop.
It's the Boots of the Comet but I think what he means is like to have it added onto the shoes you already have with the regular mount speed. Would be nice but a Sprinting system would be better. Your wizard could Sprint for short periods of time and you can upgrade 10+ seconds for 500 crowns.

Defender
Jan 03, 2013
Moonlighterz1000 on Mar 21, 2014 wrote:

Better yet why not make it to when you buy for example the Boots of the SlipStream, that you can apply the speed average boost to whatever you stitch to your current boots.
So example, like my Hades Boots would get all of its regular stats but plus! add the Boots, 8 or 4 percent speed bonus with it. Seems convincing right? Yep thought so... :P
But I do like this idea too in a concept perspective, but id see a lot of new players become confused and think its a thing they can obtain in game causing more confusion and misunderstandings. So ya this is awesome, but no this shouldn't be implemented right away...
I do like the idea for selling it for gold but it would be considered a mount with the average speed your talking. If it was 12 percent then that's ok but for 40 might as well spill the 5k crowns to get a permanent invisi-speed boots mount.
As for the games wise, I am sure they will make a mechanic for it to be disabled in the house if your playing a mini game.

Best of Luck,
Kane DB 95
"Come with me to fight the bad guys!.... ah crud, dead end... ._." ~ Kane DB