Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mastery Amulet Opinions

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 05, 2011
Ok, so I've been wondering about which mastery amulet I should get. I am a Life, level 78 wizard and my secondary school is Death. I think my mastery amulet should be Storm because Storn has great attacks. Do mastery amulets give you spells like sirens? Anyway, I think I should get a storm one. Let me know what I should get. Thanks

Delver
Mar 07, 2012
No... Mastery amulets give you no spells. You have to have those spells already, they just let you use power pips with that specific school. I would suggest a balance or maybe a myth amulet...

The balance is for being much safer with your cards... Let's say you are close to death, one more hit and your possibly gone. You run out of cards, noooooo, but look there's the reshuffle! Wait, you need two more pips, the timer ran out! The enemy hits, you die... oh the agony!

I hope you enjoyed my overly dramatic role-play. :3

You could also get the myth amulet, but I don't think you would need it as much... Earthquake is quite useful (and annoying) in PvP, but not necessarily useful in questing.

This is really just my opinion, so, you can chose which school best suits you.

~ Vanessa

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Jared Shadowbreake... on Jan 30, 2014 wrote:
Ok, so I've been wondering about which mastery amulet I should get. I am a Life, level 78 wizard and my secondary school is Death. I think my mastery amulet should be Storm because Storn has great attacks. Do mastery amulets give you spells like sirens? Anyway, I think I should get a storm one. Let me know what I should get. Thanks
I don't think you understand what the mastery amulet does.
The mastery amulet allows you to use power pips just like your Life spells. Nothing more; they give no spells. Since you have no trained Storm, this would be a complete waste of real money.
If you feel you need a mastery amulet, you will need to purchase Death. Or buy back your training points and train Storm. (again a LOT of real money)

Delver
Oct 29, 2013
Mastery Amulets do not give you any spells at all. They allow you to use power pips for spells that you have trained that are outside of your primary school. Unless you have a bunch of Storm spells trained and/or are planning to carry a bunch of Storm treasure cards in your sideboard a Storm Mastery Amulet is a waste of crowns/money for you. In order to get the most use and value from a Mastery Amulet it should be the one for your secondary school (Death, as you mentioned).

Miranda Nightsinger, Transcendent Necromancer
Calamity Windbane, Magus Diviner

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
The only mastery amulet thats used is pretty much Life because everyone loves to heal. You can cast all the spells of that school as long as your wearing the amulet of course :P but you can't learn the moves except from just the teacher. The rest have to be Treasure Cards

Wolf LifeShard

Explorer
Feb 05, 2011
Thanks guys! Wow, I didn't know that the mastery amulets don't gibe you any spells at all. Looks like I'll be getting a Death mastery amulet! Thanks for the tips and advice!
-Jared Shadowbreaker Level 78 Life Wizard